Raindance - PL 11 - Griffalo

actually no, one rank of device:hard to lose is 4 points and gives you 5 points to spend on abilities so it would give you just enough to pick up protection 5

as for dropping the power of lightning blast or adding indirect to the whole array. The better way to do that is to make the most expensive power the primary and everything else alternate powers off of it. So by adding indirect to your blast you make it primary and weather control is what comes under it...at least I think thats how it'd work.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually no, one rank of device:hard to lose is 4 points and gives you 5 points to spend on abilities so it would give you just enough to pick up protection 5

as for dropping the power of lightning blast or adding indirect to the whole array. The better way to do that is to make the most expensive power the primary and everything else alternate powers off of it. So by adding indirect to your blast you make it primary and weather control is what comes under it...at least I think thats how it'd work.

Ah, no problem. I usually shy away from Device, so wasn't clear on how many points it gives you.

This sounds more workable, since I think Indirect on most of the other powers would be a bit redundant (since they're all area effect powers).

So if I do that, by your calculations I should have a point left over. I was thinking maybe some sort of "Weather Sense", but the only way I've seen it built was to take Precognition: Limited to Weather, which is 3 points. Any suggestions on how I could squeeze this in, or take something different that I haven't yet considered?

Ah, no problem. I usually shy away from Device, so wasn't clear on how many points it gives you.

This sounds more workable, since I think Indirect on most of the other powers would be a bit redundant (since they're all area effect powers).

So if I do that, by your calculations I should have a point left over. I was thinking maybe some sort of "Weather Sense", but the only way I've seen it built was to take Precognition: Limited to Weather, which is 3 points. Any suggestions on how I could squeeze this in, or take something different that I haven't yet considered?

well if you want to be able to sense the weather the way you're supposed to do it is with super senses: weather awareness which is only one point but only works out to a range of....your normal senses unless you spend some points on extending the range. So with only the one point you could get the ability to sense the weather but only at your standard sense range.

well if you want to be able to sense the weather the way you're supposed to do it is with super senses: weather awareness which is only one point but only works out to a range of....your normal senses unless you spend some points on extending the range. So with only the one point you could get the ability to sense the weather but only at your standard sense range.

Heh. Which is pretty much trumped by the inbuilt "looking at the sky" sense that most normal humans have. :D

Heh. Which is pretty much trumped by the inbuilt "looking at the sky" sense that most normal humans have. :D

well yes and no, without the power you won't know if someone is 'messing' with the weather or not. You might be able to look at the sky like every other person and think its acting weird but with the power you could look at the sky and know its not natural.

Still that doesn't mean you have to have it.

well yes and no, without the power you won't know if someone is 'messing' with the weather or not. You might be able to look at the sky like every other person and think its acting weird but with the power you could look at the sky and know its not natural.