Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am Willow, last of the Preserver's engineered Guardians.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Guardian is my title, my function, my mandate.

What is your full birth name?

I do not have one.

Where do you live?

At the moment, the West End of Freedom City.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Old.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female

How would you describe your heritage?

Derived from human stock, significantly modified by the Preservers.

How tall are you?

5'7"

What is your body type?

Slender, more of a dancer's build than that of a fighter.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

I am uncomfortable around Terminus radiation, but it is not a significant issue.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Some have said that my movement is practiced and serene, with the lightness and grace of a dancer.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

My skin tone is a dark copper hue, my eye color is amber (often appearing gold) and my hair is white.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

My hair is either worn loose, or tied back with a leather thong. It is exceptionally long, regardless.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I do, and my husband Erik Espadas would agree.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Nope.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Loose, sometimes layered. I eschew footwear when I can, for I like to feel the ground under my feet.

Do you wear makeup?

On occasion, but I am told I don't need it.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Contralto. My voice sometimes has a lyrical quality.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

No. Well, occasionally my ears will twitch to Erik's heartbeat.

History

Where do you come from?

Earth, where exactly I could not tell you.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I am always moving.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I am not beholden to any nation.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

The Earth? I love it.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

I don't have one.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I did not grow up.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

Destruction. I was created as a weapon.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Once I was enslaved. I will never again tolerate the limitation of my freedoms, or allow others to be so shackled.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

See above.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

My siblings and I lost sight of our mandate, and thought ourselves Gods.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I never attended school.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I did not have a childhood. And even if I did, any possessions I would have would long be dust.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Erik has been my guide.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I am guilty of genocide.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I play at being human.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I fear I would lose all that I have so recently come to love.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

No.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

I do not have parents.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

I am an engineered lifeform, I was not raised.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

I grow tired of repeating myself.

Where are your parents now?

My creators are long gone.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

You could say we moved around a lot.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

This line of questioning is not valid.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Again, no parents.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I have had siblings, and though they (as I) have been called many things we have no formal names. My relationship with them has always been a working relationship.

What was your birth order in the family?

Birth order isn't something that can be applied to one such as I.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

None are alive, or reachable at this time.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

I did, for a time. But no longer.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I do not hate, but both the Gorgon and the Curator are what one can call members of an extended family. I will keep Earth from them.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

No.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

No.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

No.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I do, yes. Erik Espadas is my heart, my joy, my deepest love and my conscience. I am bonded to him in a way he does not fully understand. We have a beautiful daughter together, Eden, who may one day take up the mantle of Guardian.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Not applicable.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Whatever type of person Erik is. There is some quality about him that resonates.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Stesha, Fleur de Joie, is my closest friend. Though we are different she is one who understands me well.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

See above.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Erik, the Interceptors, possibly Stesha.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

No.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

No.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Bind me and my siblings into servitude.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

To Erik, to my daughter, to the Earth and to my team.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Erik, because of all that he is.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I feel pity for the Green Man.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Loyalty, decisiveness.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I dislike callousness, and domineering attitudes.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

No more than any other hero in the world.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I was designed to function as a pair, and the follower in that pair. Though I have lost considerably power from when I was first created, I was the stick to my counterpart's carrot.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

The Interceptors are like family.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My teammates, and Dragonfly, continue to fascinate me with their continued displays of human tenacity, understanding and compassion. Also snark.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I do. It's not much different from what I used to do, just more refined.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

It is what I was created for.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

All goals are short term goals.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Twenty years, long term? Ha!

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Losing Erik, one I love, so soon after finding him.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

If I could guarantee the safety of this world, I would give up my life.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It means little to me.

How do you generally treat others?

Well, I suppose.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes, and no.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Depends on the season. In spring and summer I am more extroverted. In winter I brood.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Again, depends on the season.

What are your most annoying habits?

I am not aware of any.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Gods. I have had mixed results mingling with the divine.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I do not have to eat. Quesadilla's have sentimental value.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Water is fine.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I do not know.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

No.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Greens, naturally. There are no colors I dislike.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I have no preferences.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

... I smell like strawberries, naturally. I like the smell of cedar, pine and other woods.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I do not.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I don't have one.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I have done both enough that one is much like the other.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

No.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

No.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

No.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I do not belong to a religious organization.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes. And yes.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It stopped a war and rampant destruction off the Earth.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I hope to never be in the position again to find the answer to this question.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I don't know.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I have no possessions to steal.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I wouldn't. What care would I have for the opinions of mayflies?

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

Anger.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Inhibiting the freedoms of others.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I have lived a full life, there is nothing I would need or want to do.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

No.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

No.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

No.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Being a mother is work enough.

What is your preferred combat style?

Style?

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Not particularly.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I would be curious, but if I was meant to possess that knowledge or skill I would have it.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Learning hand to hand combat from Erik. Mostly I read, catching up on current events and modern history.

What do you do for fun?

Play with my daughter, spend time with my beloved and his family.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

It's just a simple bodysuit similar to that a cyclist wears of black, charcoal gray and green. It's usually covered up by my plant armor, so it's relatively minimal.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Comfortably. Loose clothing, layers, barefoot. I like things that catch a breeze and flow in the wind.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Nothing. I am not affected by temperature, and there is no cause for modesty in the bedchamber.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

No.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Walking.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, I have not.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

DNA? I regenerate, so any disfigurement would be temporary.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

The balance I worked to achieve.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Yes. If Erik were not around, and the Gorgon or another Preserver construct of high authority would be present I would revert to their control..

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I am immortal. Even should I fall, I will revive in time.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I will outlive all I care about.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

It's not enough to be alive, Willow. You need to live. But you seem to be doing well enough so far.