Freedom Eagle II

BType

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I'm Freedom Eagle, but newspapers like to call me "the Winged Wonder of Freedom".

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Everyone calls me "Wings" for short in costume. I like it actually.

What is your full birth name?
Jack Carter O'Connor.

Where do you live?
1 Pyramid Plaza, 90th Floor, West Penthouse. Can't miss it, it's kind of the fourth tallest building in the world.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
Twenty-six, 1987.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Male.

How would you describe your heritage?
Black Irish. Pretty hard to mistake black hair, blue eyes, and surnames like "O'Connor" as anything but Irish.

How tall are you?
I'm about six-foot.

What is your body type?
I've got solid shoulders and I keep in shape. I'd like to think I look pretty good without a shirt.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
None that any other ordinary guy doesn't already have.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
People say I have a bounce in my step. People don't realize it's because I'm light on feet thanks to combat training. I can be a ghost when I feel like it though.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
It's generally pretty neatly groomed: gotta look like the professional CEO.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Not to sound like I'm tooting my own own, but I'm plenty good-looking. I'm too smart not to be aware of it, and not obteuse enough to ignore it.
And everybody else likes how I look too, otherwise I wouldn't keep showing up on all those magazines.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
A lot more scars then people think, and one AEGIS tattoo on my left shoulder.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
My uncle, obviously.

Do you have a dominant hand?
I write with my right, but I'm trained to use both.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
When I'm working, buisness suits, tasteful, usually black or grey. When I'm working, my costume. When I'm at home, whatever I damn well please.

Do you wear makeup?
Nope.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I'm in the middle-range, and I'm distinctively charming.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
People say I'm too cheerful for a CEO, and I should be more reserved. I say reserved isn't going to keep the public off your back when your stocks plummet and customer relations suck thanks to economic downturns.

History

Where do you come from?
Freedom City, New Jersey (suck it NYC!), born an raised.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Not really. Spent a lot of time in Emerald City awhile back. Nice quiet town, though I hear that's changed recently.

How do you feel about the place you come from?
I'm Freedom Eagle, my nickname is the Winged Wonder of Freedom, I was born in Freedom City and run Freedom Consoliated.
Either I love my hometown or...I really have no imagination at all I guess?

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
New Jersey. And it's something else. You have to spend some time here to really understand it.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
Almost everyone I knew was pretty well-off as a kid. I hate feeling like a Silver Spoon, but I guess I am.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
It's hard to admit, but I suck at having a normal life. I'm a Mayor's son millionaire CEO genius inventor ex-secret agent superhero.
Stuff like relationships and girlfriends and things like that...I never really had a chance to figure all that out.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
I knew I wanted to make a difference the day on my parent's funeral. And I knew I wanted to be a superhero when I found Grandpa Mike's costume in the attic. Grandpa Mike was probably the one who most influenced me, and even though Uncle Mike didn't approve, his morals gave me more direction in what I do now then I think he likes to admit.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
If they know my secret identity, I don't keep it a secret. I'm proud of why I do what I do.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
Uuuuh....AEGIS ex-agent operating standards demands that I not divulge any operational details, past or present, without express permission of my Supervisor and the Director on penalty of Federal charges and possible imprisonment. So um...nope!

My secret identity though, is one I'm worried about.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
No, when I'm being me I'm being me. I just make sure not everyone sees every single side of me, so nobody puts Freedom Eagle and Jack O'Connor together.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
I'm not just keeping my ID secret for my sake: it's also my Uncle and my Grandpa's associations with me I'm protecting.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
No I do not.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?
Carter and Sheira.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
....both of my parents were killed when I was six, during the Terminus Invasion.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
We were....driving down the Pramas Bridge, trying to get through traffic to get to Uncle Mike's house, where we hoped it would be safe.

These robots...Omegadrones I fought out they were later called, were flying overhead, and they just opened fire with their power-pikes and...one hit near the car car. There was noise and a flash and I was okay, and at first I thought it'd just missed us but...it hit hood, and damaged the engine and the driver's and passengers seat. I don't think they suffered, at least. I hope not anyway.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
Aside from decide to be a superhero? Because let me tell you, nothing shortens your life expectency like choosing to put on a costume.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
Claremont Academy. I was one of it's original students. Man, I loved it there. I'd visit it sometime, since I'm one of it's first graduating students since it's re-opening, but I'm always so busy. Besides, kid superheros never get along well with adults. It's like...a rule somewhere.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
Nothing special. My costume is all the memories I need honestly!

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
After my parents died, Uncle Mike and Grandpa Mike raised me. Uncle Mike was always campaigning for the city during his early years as Mayor, but Grandpa Mike liked having me around, teaching me about the good old days.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
Uncle Mike was the Mayor, and still is. Grandpa is a retired superhero and inventor.

Where are your parents now?
Uncle Mike is still in office. Probably one of the country's most popular Mayors.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
We stuck to Freedom City.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I got along really well with Uncle Mike and Grandpa, though relations between me and my uncle got pretty tense when I put on the costume. They've gotten better since then, but sometimes I think he worries way more then he shows.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
I hope they would be proud of me.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Nope, none.

What was your birth order in the family?
First and only.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

It's not applicable.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
See above.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Not really. Grandpa holds a special place in my heart though.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
See above.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Not that I know of anyway. Maybe I have an evil twin brother? A clone? You can't count anything out in this business, I swear.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
My Grandpa was Freedom Eagle before me, and he probably shaped how I see the world more then anyone else around.
I try to live up to the example he set every single day.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Nope.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I....don't know. I haven't met anyone I've gotten serious with. My lifestyle isn't really family-friendly honestly. Maybe someday.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone who can stand heights.
But seriously, I have no idea. Like I said, haven't met anyone yet.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
My high school classmates, especially Fletch.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Probably Fletch again, as he's a Golden Age legacy wealthy superhero too. We don't see each other as often, but he's a pal.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My uncle, my grandpa. Hopefully my investors.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
None yet.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Not really. Thankfully all of my grandpa's old enemies are long-since dead.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
I try not to think about it.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
One time, this really big guy with super-strength who was using some ridiculous one-word faux-badass name like "Concussion" punched me so hard it practically crushed my rib cage. What a dick right? I got him back though.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Freedom, my country, my family, my friends, my company.
And I hope to God I never have to choose between any of them, because I can't tell you who I'd choose first.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
My Grandpa and my Uncle. They know all of my secrets.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
I just hate organized crime guys. They just rub me all the wrong way. All of the criminality of super-criminals, none of the flair, and usually a lot meaner.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Courage. Doesn't matter what kind of courage. And I'd like to think so, yes.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
I don't like selfish people. Life is give and take, and you can get through it by JUST taking. I try not to.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
Yes. My Uncle, my grandpa, Fletch, and my old Claremont classmates, my boss, the Director of AEGIS, and Agent "Faraday Irons".
Wow that's...actually...a lot of people. I suck at secret identities I guess.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I've spent plenty of time on teams. I like a good team dynamic. I'm a leader myself, but I defer always to experience and knowledge.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
Not since the NextGen. Maybe I'll look into that. Grandpa Mike was on a team once, and look what he accomplished.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Cape and Cowl Club, like my grandfather.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
My Grandfather and the original Liberty League. The Freedom League guys are great too.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
Not yet. That's the cool thing about having superheroes as idols: unless they turn evil or something, usually they're pretty cool.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
I seriously wouldn't have my life any other way. Knowing you're out there every day, making a direct difference saving lives...not to mention all the crazy-awesome stuff I get to do.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Short of dying or getting too old, I doubt I'll ever stop. And go evil? Nah, not me.
What the heck would I call myself if i were evil? "Bloodhawk?" "Tyranny Eagle?" "Tyrant Bird?" Those all sound lame.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
I'd like to prove this company I'm running is one of the best in the world. I'll do it too. Watch me.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
I...try not to think about it. Problem with being a superhero is, we don't have great lifespans.
Death is kind of the superhero retirement plan. We do it anyway, because it's something SOMEONE has to do.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
I hate feeling helpless. I was helpess when my parents died. When I feel helpess I get angry.

Is there anything you would give you life for?
Pick a random person on the street. If they were in danger, and the only way to save them even with all my powers is to die saving them, then I'd do it.
Without even thinking twice. They're why guys like me put on costumes and fight crime and stuff.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I'd like to say I don't think about it much, but I like having money. I'm good with it, and it makes being a superhero easier. I try to organize charities though: owning stuff to just own stuff is kinda pointless.

How do you generally treat others?
As well as I like to be treated myself, which is well and polite. Professional, if they're capes like me.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I'm not overly trusting, but I'm not paranoid either.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I'm sure my corporate contemporaries would say I'm too confident and outgoing. Stiffs, all of them.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
I do my best to be a gentleman and charming. I'm kind of old-school that way, nothing too overt.

What are your most annoying habits?
Everyone says I look distracted when I'm at work. I guess I do splint my attention between FreedomCo and Freedom Eagle.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Organized criminals. All of the crime (more usually) of costumed guys, none of the flash, and thrice the mean.
One good thing? I never feel even a little bit guilty when I'm kicking their asses.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I suck at choosing favorites, but I'll try almost anything once! I sometimes eat too fast: I don't always have the time to enjoy it.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Irish coffee. Guilty pleasure.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Irish coffee, again.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Caviar. Ugh.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
My favorite color is blue. As in "red, white and blue". As in FREEDOM!
But no, seriously, just blue.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I got pretty broad tastes. I'm a classic rock and metal fan though.
"Aces High" is pretty much my personal theme song.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Lilac.

Do you have a favorite animal?
Eagles. I mean...come on. Obviously.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
My costume. Seriously, if someone got ahold of that thing my life would be over.

To say nothing of what would happen if someone reverse engineered the anti-gravity tech and abused it.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I've had to rough it, so I can live with it. It's not even that bad sometimes. But I did by one of the three most exclusive penthouses in the city.
I guess that kinda says it right there.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Murder. Not even for the government. Even in AEGIS I didn't explicitly go out to kill people. Not my department.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Not very spiritual, no. I believe in almost everything though. I once hit a dude with a dog face wearing an Egyptian headress claiming to be Anubis' kid.
And then there was that thing with Baron Samedi. I hate zombies, did I mention that?

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
Not so much.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
Nope.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
If I had to, yes. And yes, I have. During my time in AEGIS.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
Him or me, and he was gonna blow up Dubai. Not just a building in Dubai. Just Dubai.

With a neutron bomb he stole from Soviet-Union superscience warehouse. Pretty much narrowed down my choices a bit..

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
I think I'm a peace enforcer. I make citizen's arrests to keep the peace. If we're at war, or there's no other way to save people then take a life, then I will, but it's not a choice I make lightly, ever.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
I don't like it. It's grim work, and I hope I never get used to seeing it happen.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
Annoyed to extremely annoyed depending on who and what.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Depends on how funny it was I suppose.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
Not well. If I found the guy who did it...yeah, he'd be sorry. I'd make sure of it.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Murder for hire. Taking someone's life for cash is just....reprehensible to me.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
I'd organize my affairs, say goodbye to my family, and then go out fighting crime, saving as many lives as I possibly could before going down.
It's all about what you do before you die, not how and when you do it.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Plenty. I got it at Claremont Academy from my instructors, as well as at AEGIS afterwords.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Grandpa taught me the basics of how my anti-gravity harnass worked, but I figured out the ropes pretty much by myself.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I can disarm an alien antimatter warhead. I learned it when I had to disarm an alien antimatter warhead this one time. The Grue suck.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
CEO of Freedom Consolidated.

What is your preferred combat style?
Depends on who or what I'm fighting and how many of them there are, but I like to stay mobile and in the air mostly.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Won "World's Sexiest New CEO" last year, and "Freedom City's Most Eligable Bachelor", but it was in Rolling Stone, not a business magazine.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I'd like to improve everywhere. Seriously, you never stop learning in the cape business.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you inareas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I try to get some lessons off of them. Only way to learn except by trial-and-error, and being taught's faster.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Get up, go to work, manage the company, get off work, go on patrol.
Usually when something interrupts me, I go out and punch it in the face.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
Flying. Seriously, just....flying.

What do you do for fun?
My job is fun. It's called being a "costumed adventurer" for a reason!

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
My helmet, gauntlets, and boots are all gold, with the boots mostly being red with gold lines, with gold wings My outfit is white normally, with some nice American Flag iconography across the sides of my legs when I'm showing off. It can alter it's pigmentation so it's mostly black though, which is how I leave it usually. The chest has a golden eagle with it's peak pointed upword and it's wings spread on the torso. The helmet has two flared-back eagle wings on the side, sort of like a certain fictional DC Comics character I could name, though lower profile then his. My wings when not in use are wrapped around me, with two points clasped around my shoulders like a cape that splits down the middle. When I'm flying or fighting, they extend and become solid. The cape, my helmet, and gauntlets are all made out of pseudometal, a shape-memory alloy that's like cloth metal mesh that can become unbreakably strong surfaces when psychoactive commands are sent to it, which let me fold them and store them in a suitcase or whatever.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Suits. Tasteful ones.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Boxers. American Flag boxers. No, really.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Nope.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
Not really.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Flight and flight, but I have Gallardi Nova I use when making civilian appearances.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, but I probably should though.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Dental records. My DNA is registered with AEGIS too.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Being the best hero I could possibly be. Maybe a statue in Heroes Knoll. That would be nice.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
Nope. I don't because I've spent years making sure I'm ready for this job.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
I'm pretty adaptable most of the time. It's saved my ass more then once.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I'm not bulletproof...or anything-proof, really.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

"There's more to being alive then being a superhero. If you life your whole life protecting people and not living as one, you'll loose sight of what's important, and maybe even loose perspective too."

Edited by BType

1. Where is your hero from?

Freedom City, New Jersey

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

Decent-looking, confident, and brave. Most people would add that he's a little cocky.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

He likes to banter during fights and considers it an art form.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

He genuinely does what he does to help people and make things better.
5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?
He's extremely adaptable, but he's also too self-reliant, and has difficulty asking for help. He isn't aware of his flaw.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?
He loves his job (both of them), and he hates organized crime (all kinds).

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?
Surprisingly healthy for a guy who dresses up like a bird and throws himself into danger every day.

8. What does your hero fear the most?
Feeling helpless or useless.

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?
He wants to live up to his Grandfather's example, and be known as one of the world's most beloved superheroes, just to prove he's made a positive impact on the world somehow

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?
He thinks things could be better, and he thinks he can make it better if he tries hard enough.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?
None in particular. He gets along with other people very well

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?
He's got several, but has difficulty prioritizing which to put first.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?
None as of yet.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?
His uncle and grandfather. They're on good terms.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?
A good guy, if a little bit of a workaholic sometimes.

16. Is your hero a role model?
He tries his absolute best to be.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition?
Not especially.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?
No, but he might some day, just to make a bigger positive impact in the world.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?
Without superhumans, the world would be more boring. Aliens should be judged on an individual basis first and foremost

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

"Make sure you live a normal life as much as you do a superhero one."