Against the Fearsome Five (PL 7-8 Thread)

Gizmo

I'm looking to run a thread for lower PL characters, probably in the 7-8 range, facing off against the Fearsome Five, a villainous team who's shown up a few times. Set and Sekhmet will be a part of this, so it's also an opportunity to team-up with them.

The Fearsome Five are all PL 10 and individually dangerous, with a broad range of abilities so a group of PL 7-8 heroes are going to be in significantly over their heads. That means figuring out a way to win other than a straight fight and knowing as a player that your character may well have their butt handed to them in the process of saving the day. Hey, the Fearsome Five may even get away with their plan!

If you're interested in a challenging thread with some strong personalities, let me know. I'll be choosing less based on first-come and more on which characters would be most interesting to include so feel free to make your pitch along those lines!

For reference:

Solar Sentinel's an old soldier and a classic paragon. He's got turn of the century values (expanded by exposure to alien worlds and civilizations, naturally), so I think he'd have an interesting dynamic with young people. Would he protect them out of a sense of honor and duty, or would he roll his eyes or gaze sternly at them in disapproval for antics? I think there's potential for interpersonal interaction and potential conflict (though he's goal and detail oriented and wouldn't end up accidentally throwing things off course).

That's my pitch, an old soldier with old (but forgiving) values and a lot of honor and integrity. I think that it would actually be a pretty funny interaction with Set and Sekhmet.

Alright, I'm going to rope Glamazon, Errant and Temperance into this. TK, put a pin in that idea for having Solar Sentinel interact with Set and Sekhmet 'cause it sounds hilarious, just doesn't gel with this thread specifically. I'll post a link here when I have the IC and OOC threads up.

• 3 weeks later...