Clyde Allen, the Atomic Man

Avalon

I'd like to have some eyes go over Clyde's crunchy bits to check if everything is legal and whatnot. I'm especially concerned about the device and the vulnerability drawback that goes with it.

Abilities: 7 + 6 -10 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 17 PP
Strength: 35/25/17 (+7)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: --
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Combat: 12 + 8 = 16 PP
Initiative: +3
Attack: +8 Melee, +6 Ranged (+8 Lightning Gun)
Grapple: +16/+25 (H.E.R.O. System)
Defense: +8 (+4 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -14

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 5 = 9PP
Toughness: +12 (+0 Con, +12 [Other], 10 Impervious)
Fortitude: ---
Reflex: +7 (+3 Dex, +4)
Will: +7 (+2 Wis, +5)

Skills: 60 R = 15 PP
Bluff 8 (+11/+15)

Disguise 10 (+13)

Intimidate 6 (+9)

Knowledge (Cosmology) 8 (+9)

Notice 8 (+10)

Perform (Acting) 10 (+13/+17)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 13 PP

Accurate Attack

All-Out Attack

Beginner’s Luck

Attack Focus (Melee) 2

Attractive

Dodge Focus 4

Elusive Attack

Luck

Power Attack

Takedown Attack

Powers: 24 + 61 + 2 + 2 = 89PP

Device 6 (Flaw: Hard-To-Lose) [24PP] (Atomic-Powered Heart)

Array 13 (Cavorite Heart Amplification System - Enhanced)

Base: Blast 12 (PF: Accurate, Improved Critical) [26PP] (Lightning Gun)

Alternate: Damage 10 (Extra: Area – Cone [+1]) [20PP] (Phlogiston Burner)

Alternate: Enhanced Strength 10 & Super-Strength 4 (Effective Strength 60, Heavy Load 50 tons) & Flight 4 (250mph/2,500ft per move action) [10+8+8=26PP] (H.E.R.O. System)

Alternate: Illusion 6 (All Senses [4 pp/rank]) [24PP] (Virtual Reality Projector)

Alternate: Super-Movement 3 (6th-Dimensional Folding Array; Dimensional Travel - Any Dimension; Extra: Affects Others [+1], Area - General Burst [+1])

Container 12 (Passive Container; PF: Innate) [61PP] (Nu-Steel Composite Body)

Immunity 30 (Fortitude) [30PP]
Density 4 (Permanent [+0]) [12PP]

Enhanced Strength 8

Immovable 1

Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious [+1])

Super-Strength 1 (Effective Strength 30, Heavy Load: 1,600 lbs)

Protection 10 (Impervious 8) [18PP]

Morph 4 (Any humanoid; Extra: Continuous [+1]; Flaw: Full-Round Action [-3]) [2PP] (Onboard Make-up Toolset)

Flight 1 (10mph/100ft per move action) [2PP] (Cavorite Lift System)

Drawbacks: (-6) + (-3) (-1) = -10PP

Vulnerable (Electrical Effects; Common, Moderate) [-3PP]

Vulnerable (Magnetic Effects; Uncommon, Minor) [-1PP]

Weakness (Without Atomic-Powered Heart; Uncommon; Major; cumulative -1 drain on all ability scores per minute) [-6PP]

Totals: Abilities (17) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (9) + Skills (15) + Feats (11) + Powers (89) - Drawbacks (10) = 150/150 Power Points

Edited by Avalon

I would say that the Device is not really a Device. Can this person move around without the Heart? Can it be taken away and they can still operate in a non-powered form? Taking out someone's heart sounds like the sort of thing that would kill them, and that's not how a Device works.

If his heart gets takes, he has around 14 minutes to get it back or he runs out of energy and basically shuts down. Clyde is functionally around PL7.5 offensively without the device with his effectiveness lowering by 1 PL around every 2 minutes or so.

I think there was some confusion with my formatting and the forum basically showed all of his powers under the one device. I edited the OP to make things more legible.

The Atomic-Powered Heart only contains the CHASE array which contains most of his offensive powers. Without it he still has his body to lean on for fighting and comes in at a respectable PL 7.5 for offense..

Scanning this:

1. No major problem with the atomic powered heart device, but you do need to be clear this is removable. I suppose there might be a concern about this if he constantly "wearing" the device, as its a pretty big discount you get. A battlesuit for instance would need to be put on (usually) if in his secret I.D. 

2. I am a bit concerned about the Vulnerability. Firstly, its potentially lethal. It means he has to wear his heart constantly. To be honest, I am not sure how you would ever get a situation with this guy getting captured and his heart removed (which would kill him). And if its never )or only with great difficulty) going to happen, is it worth the large PP? To be honest, I think its neater to say that this is not a device, but he could be disabled as a result of someone surgically removing his power source as a complication. 

3. Morph is mispriced. I make it 9 PP (12PPbase, -3 for drawback)