Stopwatch 2: Prototype (OOC)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Boris has lost his cover, as you picked it up. 

Also, for being so gentle against a military man I am awarding a hero point for this fight. 

Hronos - Injured x2, Fatigued, 1 HP

That's the good news

1d20+11=30 is a critical hit with a sniper rifle, and shifted +2 DC / -2 Attack. Which means a DC 27 Toughness save from Hronos!

Ok so we taking a pause from combat now. 

Hronos and Boris, swiping at each other, both notice the ATU heading back to the base. It will reach there in one round. 

At this point, Velocity can spring into action, either by reaching the base or following the footprints the ATU left and reaching the situation. 

Velocity may wish to roll initiative at this point and we will bring you all together!

I think Steed is left at the cave, so she is out for now. 

Ok So we will retain the rolls for Boris and Hronos

1d20+17=25 is the ATU initiative. 

Round 1

60 - Velocity - Fatigued - 2 HP

25 - ATU - Injured x2 - Concealed*

19- Boris - unharmed

14- Hronos - Injured x 2 - OP

Reminders:

*Whilst concealed, the presence of snow gives you a +2 Situational bonus on your "hit" chance to see concealed foes, (normally 11-20 needed) and allows targetting with ranged attacks (due to snow tracks). 

It is a very cold environment. This will not affect the ATU or Hronos, but Boris and Velocity will have upcoming saves. Lvov and Schobak have a third check upcoming too (at -2 for third check, -2 as they are stationary)

We have some distance issues in the barren arctic landscape. Boris and Hronos are next to each other, and we shall say the ATU and Velocity are 250 feet from eachother (for ease, lets call it a triangular pattern). 

Velocity is up

Cape, actually, Velocity still has an stunted power in play (Stunted off Speed 10 and never shut down), dropping her Speed to 9, but giving her Immunity 1 (Cold Environment)- representing vibrating her molecules to keep herself warm.

She will use her other and run over to where she sees the ATU’s footprints ending and unleash a lot of punches in the area around it (say 40’ in each direction).

So, it has a DC 20 Reflex save to reduce the damage.  If it succeeds, DC 20 toughness save, otherwise a DC 25 toughness save (and it is already at -2 from prior damage!)

Ah yes forgot you have that stunted, consider yourself immune to cold! Sorry about that. 

The other power is still active, and we have a flurry of punches!

1d20+8=11 it resolutely fails its reflex save. 

1d20+10=19 It picks up another Injury and is dazed

This means Boris is up again. This time, he will take a pot shot at Velocity, as he can barely target the ATU. Given he is facing a very fast target, he is shifting +2 attack, -2 DC. 

1d20+15=20 is still a miss. 

Which means Hronos is up

As we are moving towards wrap up, Ill just throw out a call for any thoughts on what you would like story wise for Hronos and Velocity before proceeding further. Most particularly what to do with the three Stopwatch fragments (the Antarctic one, Hronos one, and Steed one). This - in relation to future stories, relationships, character development etc. 

No promises, just slinging it out there for thoughts!

Sounds good. 

I'll pause here as I know Vahn and You have posed the possibility of a trip to the future!

So currently we have three prototype fragments in play. Steeds, the Antarctic ones (which the ATU has), and Hronos one (which was previously owned by "John Smith")

Firstly I suggest any future trip is a separate thread. 

Secondly I suggest that the only people who properly know how to use the Stopwatch or the prototype fragments are Robert Harrow - who has a dangerous addiction to its power, and "John Smith" who has has decades or centuries to study it (and is a genius). One or maybe both should be used.

I suggest the motivation for the trip to the future is to close down future Roberts operation to retrieve both the original Stopwatch and the prototype. As he will continue his operations and will surely succeed at some juncture. This is presumably in both Velocities interest (as she and Robert are involved) and Hronos interest (as protector of time). 

We need a discussion about:

Collapse involvement: who I conceived as a PL X threat. His motivation is basically to ensure Collapse exists in as many time lines as possible. For this reason he built the Stopwatch, a device that allowed Robert to function at a level with Velocity and thus Romance her, ensuring that he is conceived. Collapse's "power" is that he is a gestalt being - he functions in a every alternate reality simultaenously, meaning the more timelines he exists in, the greater his power. it also makes him rather loopy. 

Other than that I have left him an open canvas. Do we want him involved and how? Thevshi - as he is the (potential) child of Velocity this is fundamentally your call. 

Future Robert - is dedicated to retrieving the Stopwatch to fight collapse in the future. Of course the horrors of his own child have made him an embittered war general, totally dedicated to the fight and with little humanity left (at least, this version of future Robert). Is this ok?

How do you get there? Who comes? Current Robert? John Smith? Steed? By accident? By design?

Throw out initial thoughts and lets bash something together before posting further. 

I have no problem with Collapse either way. He could be an immediate threat, or a distant pressence, his shadow looming just a bit over the edge of the scenes.

The ATU was an agent sent by one of them time police organizations that oppose Collapse, correct? I would suggest we deal with them first. They are bound to send more agents our way, regardless of our timelines(and they may even decide getting cute with us, by sending more agents at a further point to our past, if they haven't already done so).,,, so, yeah.

Okay Cape, have thought some more about the various points you raised, here are my thoughts:

1)  Totally agree that the trip to the future should be in another thread (SW3).  Perhaps sent currently (ie Oct/Nov).

2)  I believe Robert (current timeline one) should likely be in that thread.  I don’t really have an opinion re: John Smith, though having him involved seems logical.  I agree with your idea for the motivation for the future trip (ie to deal with the operations of the future-Robert’s group).  I was thinking that perhaps SW3 could open with a attempt to get at the proto-type and/or the Stopwatch by his group (could use some cameos by other League members in helping deal with the incursion or something).

3) I am fine with Collapse being a bit more prominent role in SW3, even if he does not directly appear.

4)  I am good with how you describe things for future-Robert (or at least that particular one). 

5)  I already mentioned I see no need for Steed to be further involved after SW2.  As for who could also go forward in time I am fine with either (or both) current Robert and John Smith.

So here is my thought.

Modern day Robert is time-napped to the future.

This seems the best way to have a motive to go the future.

I can expand on the motivation for the kidnapping if you wish.

Someone is trying to persuade power-mad Robert of the future to come to his senses, and thinks his younger self may be able to do it

How does this sound? May need refinement but it feels like a good way of propelling you guys onwards. It makes Robert important. You could need John Smiths expertise to activate the Prototype fragments and travel forward.

If going this Route, THevshi I would like your thoughts on how far you want to play on having a "helpless" (although how helpless he is another q) relative and how Velocity might be manipulated or held to ransom or conflicted on this.

Cape,

As I mentioned (I believe) in chat, I am good with the idea that current-Robert gets taken to the future.  Are you talking like he is taken now (in SW2)?  Or at some future point?  (only concern I have with option 1, is that we have elsewhere established Robert being around (Carnival), so the pursuit into the future would have to happen soon (not that getting there and getting him back is hard…time travel, after all).  (If we want, we could even stage it between SW2 and Carnival, say Robert getting snatched off the yacht when he and Megan are cruising around in the Greek islands before Carnival).

I do agree it adds a more solid reason for Robert being directly involved in the next part (as his connection/addiction to the Stopwatch was more a reason for him to NOT be involved).  It also increases a reason for the need to enlist the assistance of John Smith.

It certainly would pull at Velocity and make her want to travel forward in time (and could be used as possible leverage against her).