Team UK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, any thoughts how this will start off? Supercape, care to share any plans you've made in that regard?

Not required obviously, but getting an idea what we shall do would help give this a bit of direction beyond it being something we're going to try and do.

Tiff, anything more on the psychic virus that gave rise to the evil equality people? Maybe a backup plan for the Headcase plan that went very badly wrong?

• 1 month later...

Okay, with both Synapse and Osprey approved, SC wanted to wrap up any details.  Looking at the last version of the Relationship Map, I believe the only thing I need to add is the butler (on Synapse's side of the map).  Also, any other information about the Blank Faces?  (leave it open for now?)

Anything else we want to add?

I think we're ready, unless anyone has something that they really really want to throw into the starting mix. If we begin with too much we run the risk of leaving a LOT of stuff on the wayside as we hammer things out and details slowly change. Big stuff that starts here often ends up at least a little different from how it turns out.

Which brings up the question of: how are we going to start this off? A series of intro threads? A general 'everyone meets up and the team is made' thread? Jumping right into the action for their first crack at high-profile superheroics? I have no especially strong feelings any way, but it's useful to make this clear.

Ok we are ready to kick off this weekend!

Huzzah! I really hope this works, because you guys have been awesome and threading this together. 

I will post stuff on the Campaign Discussion Site to Give some background. 

At this point, I hope you can give me reasonable license to take a few executive decisions about the remaining issues. I would ask you to go with it in principle, but equally if there is something that wont work from your perspective, let me know and I will address it as soon as possible. 

In other words, getting the show on the road more important that debating stuff at this juncture!

But don't treat me as a dictator because of that - what I want to avoid is debate about stuff that doesn't need to be particularly debated!

The one major issue possibly unresolved is we have not finalised the team name - I think it was Vanguard in practice, Taskforce UK as a Government project. And thats what I am calling it!

So at this point...

Please keep eyes peeled on Campaign Discussion Threads (Vanguard Dossiers - where I will post background and news IC, and this thread where we can discuss stuff OOC)

And in this thread we need to kick off!

If you have any ideas about your characters generic story arc, or stuff you want to explore, please do so.

Simultaneously, we should start some introductory threads where PCs might meet or greet. Please shoot me your ideas. 

Broadly speaking, I think the best thing to do is to get the team investigating the dissapearance of the Vanguard ten? years ago...perhaps some new evidence has come to light, your stories kick start it, or perhaps the Vanguard literally dissapeared last week!

I aim to start off some threads in the next 48 hours, so thinking caps on and replies please!

As mentioned in chat SC, I am good with you making the call on the team name (not to mention any other finalizing details at this point).

As for the old members disappearance, I was always working under the impression that it was fairly recent (and I think many others were as well).  I also made mention of Synapse meeting the other members of the team (having already known Headcase far better than she would like) a couple years earlier while at university.

As for my generic arc, I guess the only things for me would be how Synapse will be reluctant in all this and of course probably dealing with some things about her tense relations with her family.  Not sure there needs to be any appearance by Susan at this point (and certainly not her escaping just yet!)