Junk and Scrap

Lucy could never be considered stupid in any sense of the word as was rapidly getting the feeling that she was missing something, something that seemed really important.

“I can’t help the feeling that I’m missing something important. Would anyone like to fill me in on the important details? Oh apart from you, you’re not going to be able to speak much soon.â€

As she spoke she made her way to the second chainsaw wielding cultist going for a straight forward punch to the face. Never one to fight pretty she’d always been taught to fight to gain results.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Shut yer mouth, missy!" said the cultist, who, from the sounds of it, was not one of their brightest recruits. "I'm gonna be speaking just fine! I got a lifetime of speaking ahead of ,....argh!" he screamed. 

Revenants blow blissfully knocked him unconscious, which was a blessing. The man landed on his chainsaw, which tore open his sternum. Fortunately the chainsaw died before anything truly gruesome could happen, but there was no doubt about it - the main had sustained a serous chest injury, from the blood and the sucking sounds his chest was making. He wasn't going to walk away from that one - he clumsiness may have cost him his life. 

"There it is!" smiled Detective Chance, hey eyes and scar glistening in the strange light of the Native American wooden idol. WIthout hesitation, and ignoring the melee around her, she darted forward and picked it up...

"You'll pay for this, bear!" shouted the maddened smile of the Cult Leader. "Gauntlet will rip you and your friends to pieces! There will be no mercy! The Beast Rune will be plucked from your cold dead corpse!!!"

"I'll explain when there's not claws and chainsaws flying everywhere," Marcus blurted, drawing his huge hand from the tunnel wall. There wasn't a whole lot he could do once Terra Pugnum was cast, leaving him free to fully assess what was happening.

And there was a lot happening.

His magic had stirred Gauntlet. It was another mistake in a string of mishaps that was beginning to grate heavily on the bear's rapidly deteriorating nerves. Before he could actually do anything else, the sound of the chainsaw's sudden and abrupt cease hit his ears; the scent of oil and blood were hard not to notice. All at once, the entire situation invaded his senses, overriding the Beast Rune's influence just long enough to jolt Marcus out of his beast form, barely resisting the urge to revisit his last meal. On the bright side, now he couldn't see the body.

On top of everything else, he could feel the magic of the spell he cast weakening; in the dim light of the tunnel, he saw the cult leader change forms--again. It was something he hadn't yet learned to do, not without a significant amount of effort.

Now is NOT the time to be impressed. Steeling his resolve, Marcus shifted back into his bear form, ignoring the threat in favor of aiming a furry-knuckled fist right in the cult leader's face to fix that sinister grin.

In the meantime, Marcus was still concerned with where Detective Chance's priorities were. Cult or not, that really was the main reason he was there, after all, but there was no way he could be fast enough to get by all the obstacles in his way unless he did something particularly drastic. If it was powerful enough to kickstart Gauntlet, then it certainly shouldn't have been in the hands of someone like Chance. "As for you... drop the statue, lady." Marcus straightened up a little, ignoring the fact that just moments earlier he nearly vomited. In reality he still felt like doing so, but he wasn't about to lose his composure now.

Edited by GranspearZX

GM

"I...have...returned....my....quarry....ignites....me" groaned the empty metal of Gauntlet, his eyes flaring at Arcturus. It was almost as if the others around him did not exist. Gauntlet's voice had that same tinny and crushing noise, like metal groaning against metal in a most horrible way. 

"There....is...no...escape....flesh and bones....will fall to steel and chains....." he said, unfolding himself and slamming into the Bear. From what Marcus could feel, the armour was stronger than ever, full of relentless power. 

"The...Beast Rune...Is mine...." he said in stronger tones as he caught Marcus by the shoulders and forced him to his knees, all his weight and strength pushing Marcus down, his steel hands digging into the bear's shoulders, 

• 1 month later...

Lucy didn’t exactly know what was going on, apart from the fact that some serious magic was taking place, but her ally seemed to be in trouble with the armoured figure. At least all of the cultist had fled meaning one less trouble to deal with, talking of which.

“I really think it would be a good time to leave Detective Chance I don’t think you can help here. Unless you know something I don’t, in which case it would be a good time to share.â€

Now to help deal with the armoured figure. The uneven surface gave her a chance to gain a little height and she took it coming up behind the figure and slapping it on both, where with any luck, it’s ears should be.

GM

"I'm leaving all right!" retorted Detective Chance, with hints of fear and regret in her voice. 

"I didn't bargain for that!" she said, pointing her gun at Gauntlet. 

"As for what I know, it's more than I should..." she said, heading off down the tunnel. 

"And less than I need...."

Gauntlet resounded to the boxing Revenant gave him. Hollow booms echoed almost painfully around the cave as if he was a still drum. But for all her inhuman strength, Gauntlet was made of sterner stuff. Revenant could bend steel, but Gauntlet was more than mere steel now, as the flare of burning light behind the helmet testified. His eyes glowed no more, no less. 

"Your strength is great...." he groaned, like rusting metal grinding slowly. 

"But mine is greater. The beast rune is power that cannot be chained..."

"but is chained in me, nonetheless!"

• 2 months later...

C-crap...

Outwardly, it looked like a battle between two unwavering giants, one with a slight advantage over the other. Arcturus, however, knew otherwise; beyond the fangs and crimson-eyes glare, he was stuck. Stunned by the fact that Gauntlet was still even around, he was still annoyed with himself for discarding and dismissing him so easily. And now here he was, even stronger than before, and he was in a REALLY bad position.

And the artifact he'd come here for was slipping away.

The other woman's punches ringing against Gauntlet's magical armor snapped him out of his stupor of self pity. "Hey lady! If you wanna help me, don't let her leave! I've got this."

Arc's training flooded back to him slowly. He gripped both of Gauntlet's wrists and tried to power his way back up to his feet... then shifted his weight, trying to throw Gauntlet into the wall he'd been pinned against, drawing the armored golem arm behind him in a hammerlock. It wasn't the most effective thing to do against an unliving opponent, but it would give him a chance to clear his head without the magical menace breathing down his neck. "Chained? I'll see you buried. AGAIN."

GM

"Nothing will stop me, meat" replied the rusty voice of Gauntlet, the beast rune flaring inside its empty helmet.

"Even if you defeat me, I will only come back stronger. I am the only lock strong enough to contain the beast. Steel and Iron. It is the natural way of things. Ever has the wild given way to the metal...."

Gauntlet's voice was full of conviction - nothing could shake the single minded purpose. He lived only to capture and contain the flaring power that resided in Marcus, and he did it well. He was stronger and heavier than Arcturus, and despite the bear's power, he would not be moved. 

And yet he was slower, too, lacking the animal ferocity and reflexes. Slowed by the creaking metal that held him together. The anger was there, but it groaned with weight. His grip was like a hundred vices, but he did not shift his weight quickly enough to force himself back onto Marcus...

• 5 weeks later...

Lucy gave Arcturus a worried look, she didn’t exactly have an sort of magical senses but she could tell that this lumbering giant was trouble. But the kid also seemed to know what he was doing, and she had learned to trust those kind of instinct in her time.

“Okay, but I really want that explanation when I get back.â€

With a quick burst of speed she quickly caught up with the Detective and wasting no time tried to take the woman down. Instead of stopping she caught the woman leg’s hoping to bring her down without harming her in an way.

GM

Detective chance tumbled to the floor, spaying earthy dust and dirt ahead of her and up into her face - an ignoble fall, if ever there was one. 

"What the hell...Revenant!" she shouted in frustration. 

She clung on to the ancient artifact with one hand and levelled her old and large revolver in the other. Her sunglasses had come off, revealing a livid multutude of scars around her eye and cheek. She could see fine - even in the darkness - but the scars now revealed in full glory certainly stamped their mark on her otherwise beautiful features. 

"Can't you give a girl a damn break. I damn near lost my face serving this city. All I want is a bit of payback" she grunted. 

"And the dead aren't going to stop me. Life is for the living..."

She took aim and fired at Revenant's chest, her brow flexing in concentration. An explosion of fire shot from the barrel of the gun, as a fiery slug exploded in an incendiary blaze over Revenant. 

"Yeah, he told me you wouldn't like that..." she muttered, a half smile on her lips. 

• 4 weeks later...

Arcturus was in trouble.

Despite all the confidence he'd had in telling the other woman to leave, he couldn't help but think that decision was a bad one. Somehow, Gauntlet was stronger than he remembered, and being pinned down by hundreds of pounds of living armor was incredibly painful. He was doing all he could not to be crushed between the golem and the cavern wall. He couldn't even think of a cynical comeback; just surviving, at this point, was paramount...

In the back of Arc's mind, though, he could feel his grip on the Beast Rune slipping. He could sense something brewing, taking advantage of his fear and split focus... Damn it... not now...

GM

"The Beast Rune cannot be contained or controlled by flesh..." hissed Gauntlet through his tinny voice. 

"It is only the strength of steel that can be its master. You are not fit for its power. Ever seeking to limit, restrain, for fear that you will break...that is why you are weak, and that is why I am strong....said the grating helm, flaring with deep power. It was no idle boast, either. Gauntlet maintained his single minded purpose, arrogance even - if the armor even had that degree of personality. Whatever spirit flared inside him, he was stronger than ever, powered by magic and spirit that crushed with inexhaustible force on Arcturus. The bear remained gripped tightly in, ironically, a bear hug. 

Lucy was normally a very level headed woman and wasn’t prone to bouts to anger, if she had been she wouldn’t have been as good as she was at either her previous or current job. But the layers of information revealed about how little she knew right now was really irking her.

“I getting a little fed up of people not telling me what’s going on. People are going to have to start telling me the whole story soon.â€

She began moving towards the detective he wounds as well as her suit healing up as she did until she appeared unharmed. Stepping close to the detective she grabbed hold of the gun and tried to twist the weapon out of her hand.

“Let’s try to have a civil conversation without all these weapons.â€

GM

The old revoler came away in Revenants supernaturally powerful grip, much to Detective Chance's annoyance. 

"Speaking to the dead, is it?" said Detective Chance, glaring at Revenant. "Not everyone gets a second chance like you. Not everyone gets so lucky" she said.

"Some of us have to claw our way through life, and through its misfortunes"

"Me, I took my luck where I could get it. I spent my life on the streets and when I got shot up, I figured it was time to get my life back in order. Just so happened I found a guy who could make that happen. And he had a thing or two to say about you. Said you owed him three favours. But then it went down to two..." he said. 

"He told me how to make that gun. Sweat, blood and tears. And I mean that in the literal sense. Told me about this Indian artifact too. Said it could heal me. It could heal anything. Well I guess he got that right..." she said, as they both listened to the metallic voice of Gauntlet and the roar of Arcturus behind them. 

"And he said I should call in favour number two. Nobody getting hurt here, as he promised. He just wanted to Indian Artifact. So let me go..."