Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
A single sentence to encompass the lord of storm and sand, darkest night and fickle fate?! Impossible! It must suffice to know that I am Set, and Set is magnificent!

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Many! When walking among mortals I sometimes take the name Seth to remain inconspicuous.

What is your full birth name?
Set. Mortals may argue over pronunciation and spelling, but tis as close as they will likely come.

Where do you live?
As god of foreigners I may make my home in any land! ...which is to say I am between permanent lodgings at the moment.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
Age is a tricky thing for one who was present for the dawn of time itself! This new self is rather young, admittedly. Mortal eyes would judge me to be a teenager.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
I am male when it suits me and otherwise when it does not.

How would you describe your heritage?
I am birthed of Geb and Nut, the very earth and sky! My present manifestation takes after the mortals of what is present day Egypt.

How tall are you?
Not so tall as I might like. Shorter than Sekhmet, to my chagrin. If I understand the units correctly, slightly more than five and a half feet.

What is your body type?
Getting saucy, are we? Do you have a category for 'perfection'?

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
I do my best to avoid dismemberment, though I suppose tis outright fatal for mortals so even in that I am mighty!

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
I carry myself with the regal poise befitting my station, naturally.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.
Sun-kissed bronze, piercing grey and deep, rich red, respectively.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I keep my hair in thick braids, both practical and suitably rakish! My current manifestation is annoyingly unable to grow a beard, tragically.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I am told modesty is considered a virtue by some but truly what benefit would there be to my dissembling? All who behold me can do naught but praise Ra for the sunlight which grants them vision.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
Nothing of the sort! Whatever happened to me I am as though birthed new into the world.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
I am someone famous. What a foolish question.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Foes find both of my hands dominating, I am certain.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Usually a shendyt trimmed in red along with sandals and a few adornments, though I can easily assume garb more common to my locale. I do not understand the modern mortal obsession with covering one's torso in restrictive clothing, however.

Do you wear makeup?
The markings about my eyes are both functional and aesthetically pleasing, but they are not in the strictest term 'makeup'.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
Another of my many talents! As god of foreigners I may assume any range or inflection appropriate. ...I do find myself with a higher default register than my previous self was accustomed.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
I cannot fathom anyone finding my presence anything but delightful! Snapping my fingers when I alter my appearance is something of an affectation, though, yes.

History

Where do you come from?
I am a god of Heliopolis, the golden city! ...exile aside.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
I have decided to make my place in the mortal Freedom City, yes! A wonderful name, that; bold and bombastic!

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
One should never mix religion and politics. Haha! Tis a mortal style joke, you see. I have developed quite the sense of humour.

How do you feel about the place you come from?
It would be better to ask after its disposition toward me, I think.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Heliopolis tis a shining beacon of divinity! Tis also stagnant, close-minded and judgemental.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
A minority? Ha, as gods judge such things, I suppose so. Tis enough to say I have ever been 'different' and that gods treat the different no better than mortals.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
Set's talents are effectively boundless! Once I was best known for my nightly battles with hated Apep, then later my older self was very good at being bad. Haha, more wordplay!

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
I... do not recall the retails perfectly but I do know my brother Horus was slain in battle against the sun eater. It should have been me on the barge...

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
Well, as I have apparently found a new childhood, tis something to ask me later, yes?

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
That supposes Set makes errors! I merely have successes of a subtle nature. Sometimes most subtle.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
School is for those who learn! Set teaches by stupendous example!

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I find myself bereft of possessions. Tis troubling, given that mine is a way in which one does indeed 'take it with them'.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Of all my siblings, tis Horus who is still remembered fondly by the mortals, as one of their greatest heroes! I would likewise earn their hearts with feats of selfless daring!

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
What do you wish to hear? That I seek redemption for my older self? Tis a foolish question, I do not wish to entertain it further.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
Deep and dark, indeed! Secret? Well, not everything is known, true.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
I represent myself as befits a god! Never let them see you question yourself, yes? Do not let them see you sweat.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
Protecting secrets implies shame on my part! Admittedly, there are things that would be... dangerous if they came to light.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
My older self was a well known and widely feared villain, of course. Some of that stigma has carried over to me, exile included.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?
Geb, the earth and Nut, the sky, though 'biology' had little to do with it.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Phaw, the Ennead did not require raising! Unlike the younger gods we sprang into being fully formed.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
You might say Geb's standing was quite low and that of Nut quite high, haha!

Where are your parents now?
Look down, then up, mortal.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
I begin to suspect you are failing to grasp 'the earth and sky' on a fundamental level.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
We had relatively little interaction, as I recall, but I have a definite sense that I amounted to the least favourite among my siblings, madness though that may be!

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
I have yet to be swallowed up by an earthquake or blown away in a hurricane, so I suppose they view me with more regard than does Ra.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Indeed. Osiris, well-loved ruler on the underworld, his wife Isis, and doleful Nepthys my ex-consort. Osiris tis quite the forgiving sort but Isis would like nothing more than to slowly roast me to oblivion, frankly. My falling out with Nepthys was... not amiable. What has become of my brother Horus, I am uncertain.

What was your birth order in the family?
I prefer to call it simultaneous, despite what Isis would tell you.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
Ah, well. Tis a rather complicated matter, when it comes to gods. Were I to hazard, Osiris is going easier on a soul than he likely ought, Isis is whipping herself into a righteous fury and Nepthys is further refining the delicate art of crocodile tears.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
Estranged, exiled. Tomato, to-mah-to, as one says.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Hate? No, not at all. I can hardly fault them their suspicions, pure though my intentions be.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
I would call my brother Horus all three, were I to know the vicinity I might direct the compliment toward.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Well, not a black sheep precisely; I never could settle on a mundane beast.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
I suppose you might think of my older self as an ancestor! I cannot say I fully appreciate the weight of reproach his deeds have earned me.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Not only am I single, diminished stature aside there is more than enough Set to go around!

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
Given how contentious my sterility became with my last consort, neither is likely.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Person? Singular? I do not believe we are on the same scroll, mortal.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Ha, I believe my closest friend currently may indeed be Sekhmet herself, for all she was press-ganged into accompanying me. A bit tragic, no? Ah well, I shall win her over eventually, I'm sure.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Set is ever Set's own best friend, I'm told. We shall see, won't we?

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Judging by my long absence from Heliopolis, none at all.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Tch, not so lost as I might like.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
My word, we'll be here all day. Suffice to say I have inherited a truly impressive array of animosity.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
I cannot say I was expecting a giant, crystal tzitzimitl! Given the scope and power of those with a proverbial axe to grind, retribution might take any form. Tis exhilarating, no?

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
Ignoring the self-inflicted? ...they ignored me. I will not be ignored.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Aha, you expect me to say 'Set and Set alone' yes? Not so! To be the mortal realm's greatest hero, I must be loyal to truth and justice! ...well, perhaps not truth, as such. Justice, though, I quite like.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
I trust in my own ability to prevail! Nothing is out of reach to the determined.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Apep, the sun-eater, the god-killer. If Ra's fears prove well founded, I will end my battle with the serpent this time.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Cunning, independent thought, commitment! A litany of my virtues.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Blind obedience, fear of the unknown, mediocrity. Inexcusable.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
Why would I wish to hide who I am? I do sometimes adopt a guise or two for the sake of convenience, true.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I prefer to think tis groups who fail to work well with me. Heroic collaboration seems more predisposed toward success, though, compared to the usual inevitable betrayal.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
Not yet, though I expect many will vie for my inclusion. I shall keep my options open.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I understand cults are somewhat passé in this age. I am intrigued by your mortal 'social networking' however.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
Horus made quite the name for himself among the mortal champions. I plan to build upon his example!

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
'Disillusioned' would be something of an understatement when describing my older self. Fortunately my optimism has been restored along with my youthful good looks!

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
The adulation, I expect. Ah, rather, the satisfaction of having done the right thing! Yes.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Historically I suppose I'd have to answer yes. It would have to outweigh my desire to prove my doubters wrong, however, and that desire is brobdingnagian.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Hm. Best to stay conservative. Leading the mortal Freedom League, perhaps?

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
Hopefully having found a way to grow facial hair again. Moustaches are very 'hip' in this era, I've heard!

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
I would prefer to avoid the path of my older self. One might say my entire heroic outlook is in response to that, aha!

Is there anything you would give you life for?
There is something attractive about a blaze of glory, but it's rather harder for an immortal to die for the cause.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I'm not against riches as a rule, but power has ever been the truest of currencies.

How do you generally treat others?
I naturally assume anyone I meet is an admirer unless proven otherwise and am therefore gracious!

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I don't typically fine trust to be necessary for most things so long as everyone involved remains convinced they're the one in control.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Ahaha, I suspect I need not answer this one.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
They're attractive and available, I'm attractive and available, why fight fate?

What are your most annoying habits?
I've been accused of being an 'insufferable braggart' but I honestly don't see it.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Phaw, only those who rely on categories and labels.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
In the modern parlance I was 'vegan' before it was 'cool'. Tis nothing quite like a fresh salad or even just a crisp head of lettuce, I find.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
A god of the desert learns to appreciate simple water, truth.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
The advances in confections surely rank among the proudest of the current age. I do not know if I could choose!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
The idea of consuming flesh tis frankly repulsive to me. Sekhmet and I disagree rather vehemently on this point.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
My red hair has become something of a calling card. My older self wore entirely too much green, to my recollection.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I am much intrigued by the feverish fervour with which singers are worshiped in this age! I admit a preference for the music of your nineteen sixties and seventies, even so.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
A hot desert breeze just before a thunderhead lets loose its fury. Forces balanced on the razor's edge!

Do you have a favorite animal?
Do you know, I never could choose just one, so I invented my own!

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
I've little to my name currently. I would very much like to reclaim the Sceptre of Was. Oh, and there was a ring...

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I could do with either! Tis routine that grates upon me.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Like your magnificently mustachioed enforces of law, I will not be 'chained to a desk, Chief!'

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Haha, quite literally so! I suppose it is not quite the same for a god.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
Tis Ra who sets the endless rules and restrictions.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
Gods, as a rule, do not worship. Tis unseemly.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
Ah. A complicated question. Set, in the larger sense? Most certainly on both counts. Set myself? I think not, if it can be helped.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
Dying oneself does wonders for empathy.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
Hm. For survival, I suppose, or if the alternative be too terrible to risk. I would lose no sleep over ending Apep.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
You mortals remain a bloodthirsty lot, don't you? It would depend entirely on the situation.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I would endeavour to retrieve it or otherwise find compensation. Tis a matter of principle.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Hmph. Not well. Fortunately I am not easily shamed.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
Ah, well. Historically I have not been very good at 'measured responses'. Rather I heed passion's council over that of reason.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
I do not suffer harm coming to those under my protection. I suppose the end of all that ever was or will be would be the most heinous, by scale alone?

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
I was never fond of bestiality like those Olympians, oh ho! Truly, though. Immortal! I should like to avoid another unplanned reincarnation, still.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Unfortunately, I've lost the greater part of my older self's experience. Nothing diving in cannot remedy!

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
In a perverse way you might call Apep my greatest teacher. My mastery of darkness and chaos come from turning his own powers against him.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I can summon the storm! Call forth lightning! Shape shadow like clay! Speak any language as though it were my native tongue! Twist the tides of fate! Such power is Set's right.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
My older self was quite determined to be a world conqueror, but that didn't truly pan out. I have considered being professionally very, very attractive; surely there is a way to monetize all of this!

What is your preferred combat style?
Given my more... delicate state, I prefer to keep my distance when possible, commanding the battlefield with brilliant use of tactics and raw power!

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Heliopolis does not do awards so much as titles. Mine are largely unflattering.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I am eager for the fruits of my 'rebranding'. I expect being recognized as the mortal realm's greatest hero will require the development of several skills!

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I am but a humble student! Well. Humble prodigy of unparalleled talent and potential.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Yech, 'routine'. A foul word to a god of change and fickle fate.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I quite enjoy travel and meeting new people! Tis ever something new to see or a story to be told, even for an immortal.

What do you do for fun?
Oh, I find ways to amuse myself regardless of the situation.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
Tis not truly a 'costume' but my shendyt does stand out against contemporary mortal garb. From their reaction one might suspect onlookers had never beheld a bare chest before! Not one this magnificent, true.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
The brimmed caps emblazoned with the emblems of your local professional gamesmen are excellent! I am still trying to parse to concept of dressing 'ironically' but I shall master it soon enough!

What do you wear to bed most nights?
I take my rest in the nude, typically.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
I do have a few orichalcum bracelets and rings, certainly. 'Bling bling', yes?

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
I have little beyond what I wear on my person!

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Shadow walking tis an excellent means of hopping about but for longer distances I have reduced to the mortal conveyance called 'the bus'. Tis most undignified, but an exceptional way to meet new people!

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?
I rather suspect my older self did or else I would not be here at all! The specifics are lost to me, however.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
I can recover from dismemberment with some assistance, but were my form utterly destroyed I would theoretically be reborn once again. I would prefer not to test that.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
A fond enough remembrance to wash away the poor reputation of my older self is all I ask. That and perhaps a statue of some kind. Oh, a sandwich named after me!

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
My intentions are pure as the scouring desert! I pose a threat only to the dastardly criminal element!

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
I am Set!

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
...I am Set.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
I'm betting any advice about humility would fall on deaf ears and annoying Sekhmet seems inevitable, so let's talk maximizing search engine analytics...