GM Post

Liberty Park
Tuesday, April 23rd, 8:12 PM

The area roared in commotion, as all the people scattered through the streets, many leaving their cars unattended in their attempts to flee for their lives. The ship had appeared out of nowhere, a frigate with red and white sails, made out of wood and iron, like the ships of old. The masts and the sides of the ship were equiped with steampowered helicopter rotors, and the oars exuded what appeared to be bright powder and light. On the front, a giant lance was held in place, and in the back, propellers rotated furiously as they stirred the hovering vehicle. Freedom City was no stranger to such a peculiar image as that of an airship cruising through the streets and above the traffic, but an airship suddenly emerging in the middle of the road and commencing fire on buildings and such... now *THAT* was a cause for worry and panic.

The ship's cannons blasted periodically, causing a deafening noise to thunder throughout the streets, and everything they touched, from buildings to people, disappeared, leaving only spherical holes in their wake. Both the police, the firefighters, and the paramedics, as well as other various disaster relief task forces were dispatched almost immediately, but they are still a long way away from the site, and even if they did arrive, it would be doubtful that they could contribute in any meaningful way, other than removing citizens from the immediate area. The airship continued to rain fire on Freedom City, as it finally made it's way to the park...

Philos was waiting for a bus, or he had been until the bus stop had disappeared. He rolled almost immediately and avoided the hit, the other people sitting on the bench, not so much. They were gone, just gone. There was no proof of anything but their immediate absence from that space, and that in of itself, was wrong. If they were alive, if they still existed or had been dissentigrated into nothingness was in question, but they were still gone and something had to be done.

He looked at the ship, as it rolled forward, he looked at the havok it provoked, and took shelter for the moment immediately. There were several appartments overlooking the park, high end appartments, which were now flooding with people with the same idea. Philos had a similiar idea, and slipping through the crowds he booked up the stairs of the appartment. It didn't take long to get to the roof, and he jumped down onto overlooking verandas one at a time before he was a safe distance to jump onto the ship. He waited a second for it to get into proper range before dropping down, he landed in a roll onto the deck and took a quick look around.

GM Post

The airship floated slowly yet steadily as it passed by Philos. The young Farsider managed effortlessly to scale down the building, and from that vantage point, land on top of the ship's deck. As soon as he did, Philos searched the immediate area, but he didn't find anything particularly interesting or useful, in regards to the ship's engines. The ship had two entryways, a door that led to the deckhouse, and a staircase that led to the lower decks and the ship's cabins. The deckhouse had 4 windows that surveyed the deck, and it was from these windows that one of the ship's occupants noticed Philos as he was snooping around.

"Hey! What's this?" the woman wondered aloud. She turned to the other four occupants with her in the room, and shouted. "We've got a stowaway on our hands! Janice! Go bring the lads from  bellow! Mark, go and inform the Captain! Davis and Kate, you're with me!" At once, the man called Mark and the woman called Janice went on their way, at the insistance of the commanding woman.

"So, we're the welcoming commitee? That's great! We haven't got the chance to welcome anyone in the last 8 centuries we visited!" The woman named  Kate cheerfully commented, as the three of them exited the deckhouse.

The man named Davis held a pistol trained at the Farsider. "This the rat you spotted, Amy?" he said at the woman on his right. She only smiled as she unfastened her own pistol. "Well then, love. What brings you 'ere? Come sightseeing, 'ave you? I'd be more careful if I was you; they say there be a lot of unsavory folk around these parts, if you catch my drift." He half mocked, half threatened Philos.

"Well that wouldn't be refering to you would it?"
He said it in a voice completely devoid of sarcasm, if such an affliction could be met with those words, he said it. He didn't raise his hands, he didn't make any move to appear threatened, he just looked over the top of his mirrored sunglasses at what appeared to be several pirates, or at least what he could identify as pirates from several movies he had seen. It was not like he had ever personally met any. His eyes flickered to the gun only for a second before he walked forward,

"Eight centuries, well that is quite a long time to go without company, given, your manner of introduction might explain that. Do you usually get positive response from that, I'd imagine not. But then you're trying to intimidate me aren't you."
He looked thoughtfully back at the gun,

"No, that really doesn't quite do it, though I guess that says more about me then it does you. Anyway, introductions are in order then, my name is Philos, no I do not have a surname, it usually does not come up. Would it be too much of a trouble for you to provide some formal names as well, though I can guess from what you call each other, I would rather not be rude if some of those are more intimate nicknames reserved for friends as opposed to new aquaintinces."

GM Post

The cocky smile from Davis' mouth disappeared, giving way to a look of confusion and even slight embarrassment. Unsure of himself, he checked the other two people with him him, both of them looking equally baffled and unsure as to how to proceed. After an uncomfortable few seconds, the woman on his left stepped forward and said "Ummm, hello. My name's Kate... I think..."

Davis stared for two seconds before recoiling, as if he had remembered his manners. "Wha-? Ahh! Roight, then! Yes! My- uhhh- the name's Davis." He said, scratching his head with one hand in the process, while the other hand that held the gun waived aimlessly away from Philos. "Oh! And this here's Amy, but you can call'er Amy." Davis took to himself introducing the other woman to Philos, a bit eagerly.

"Just Amy will suffice." The last woman unnecessarily added a third time, laughing awkwardly. She had completely forgotten about her pistol, leaving it in place. "Charmed, I'm sure." she said instead, waving her hand at the Farsider. After another 3 seconds passed, she decided to take a metaphorical stab at asking Philos "So... ummm, not to be rude or anything but... well... how do I put this..." She once again looked uncertain, and gave glances to the other two, same as Davis did not too long ago.

"What my esteemed colleague here would like to know..." Kate took the cue, and continued the question in Amy's place. "... is what exactly are you doing here?" A moment later, she clarified "... As in, in this ship."

"I am indeed charmed,"

He gave a slight bow, slight in that it put him at just head level for a moment with the tallest member before he resumed his full height,

"As for what I am doing here, well, I am not quite sure yet. You see, that depends entirely on what it is you three are doing here, in this ship."
He turned around, showing them his back with little disregard to the fact that they were armed while he was not and started walking towards the edge,

"And what a beautiful ship it is, though very unfortunately placed. It's causing quite a stir now isn't it, I do believe I hear several people screaming. Then there are the cannons,"
He waved a hand outward in there general direction,

"Now, what are those doing, that's a great question to ask. I got a first hand look, and I still haven't the foggiest idea what they have actually accomplished."
Philos turned around again and looked at them through his sunglasses, though this time he took a second, in the twilight not needing them as much to take them off, revealing somewhat startling red irises, which never the less kept a rather placid look in them rather then one of someone showing any anger or discomfort,

"So yes, I would love to know if you could inform me, what this ship and yourselves doing here currently before I proceed, please try to be very clear, I wouldn't like to jump to any malformed conclusions that could lead to some unfortunate incidents because of miscommunication."

GM Post

The three people were looking less confused now, but they had already forgotten their reason for confronting Philos, his friendly attitude having already thrown them off. They still felt something was off, especially with the way he dodged their question, but by now their minds were occupied with answering the questions of the Farsider. "Yeah! Hehe, she's a marv'lous beauty, the Flying Loriane!" Exclaimed Davis, with a dream-like stare. "She can easily make 76.5 knots in no time, hehe, and she handles 'ard turns against the air current like a swallow in spring."

"Hmm-mmm. Although she takes some to make an ascend. Not that you can blame her, mind, what with weighting more than 50 kilo tons, and that's without the crew, right?" Kate added.

"Pheh! Who cares?" Amy scoffed. "It's not like we need to make port or something. All we have to do is fire the IDTD cannonballs at whatever we wish to rob, and jump out of the current timeline. That leaves the time-stranded targets ripe for plundering, we leave them behind for anyone who might have followed us to occupy, and we're gone before you know it!"

"Literally!" Kate commented cheerfully, and the three people who all but revealed themselves to be pirates started laughing.

Their laugh however couldn't hide the commotion that was growing from bellow from Philos' ears; the rest of the crew was being mobilized, and Philos could even hear some distinct cogs and machinery turn, machinery that up until now seemed to have been dormant.

Philos raised an eyebrow,

"So, those cannons rip things out of this time?"
He let out a breath,

"That is somewhat comforting then what I had previously hypothesised, you realize that it has been hitting humans. Does this happening to them have any adverse effects? If that were the case there could be some trouble with you and the locals authorities as it was."

The concern in his voice was clear. He was taking a look around at the other members of the crew moving around,

"I assume that means something is happening, are we going to be visiting the things that have been disappeared, I would rather like to accompany you if that is the case."

GM Post

"Who, the landlubbers? Oww!" Davis asked, earning a smack on the back of the head by Kate, for calling people landlubbers. "Okay, okay, awroight, you don't have to hit me, geez!" he exclaimed at her. "So, anyway, what was I saying? Oh, roight. The land dwellers. Nah, they'll be fine. They'll remain stasis-locked or somethingy, surrounded by a protective bubble that won't let anything spill. Anyways, the only thing we have to worry about is how we divy up the loot."

After that, Kate added "Pfft, besides, who cares about the local authorities? It's not like they can follow us or anything. Honestly, it's the perfect crime!" She exclaimed with glee.

"Perfect, but for the incompetence of the blabbering fools I have working for me." A voice bellowed. At that point, the door shot open, as the ship's captain strutted outside confidently. Pirates started pouring out of the stairs as he inspected the deck. Kate, Davis, and Amy looked terrified, as the dawning realization about their actual duties hit them.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? A stowaway and three incompetent idiots. You haven't forgotten that you are pirates, and that your job is to take care of annoyances, such as him, as they come, have you?" The captain's voice was calm, but a storm was building up behind his eyes, as he indicated at Phillos. "Well? What are you standing there for? Do you need an invitation? Grab him and throw him off the ship." He commanded his subordinates.

"So you're the captain of this fine vessel, and what a beauty she is."
He walked past the trio he was conversing with and stopped right in front of the man, smiling,

"I was just inquirying about your purpose, and I see that even if it was rather forceful, no direct harm has been given to those unfortunate enough to be in the path of your cannons. What I would ask is you plan on stealing yes? What of value would the people you have hit have? You already have advanced technology that allows vessel to move so stealing something like phones or tablets don't seem terribly nessicary. I don't think you would go to so much trouble for clothes or shoes. Any capital you take would be purely digital and easy to void on those persons parts, and any jewellery likely very light and cheap as that is the style. If you aren't seeking to robe the people, but the envirement all you've plundered is a lot of wood, bits of metal and concrete, oh and a bus bench, that one I saw personally. So, I got the how, and some of the why, but you taking these things doesn't make much sense to me, unless you have some grander purpose I am currently missing."

GM Post

The pirates were about to make a jump on Philos, but seeing him calmly and confidently talk to the captain gave them pause. The captain, for his part, remained silent and stared long and hard at the tall Farsider, as Philos made his case. No veins popped out on his forehead and no fumes escaped his ears, but also, he didn't appear baffled and confused, nor did he seemed to soften his expression.

Finally, after a long silence, a smile broke out on the captain's mouth. "Muhuhuhuhu..." That smile steadily transformed into a laughter. "MuhuBWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Following his cue, all the pirates joined in the laughter, some more sure than others. Even some tears formed in the corner of the captain's eyes. "Ohohoho, aaaah, you hear that, lads? The boy... hehehee, wants to talk with us pirates!" The laughter had died down, but now some snickering could also be heard. "I'm sorry, you lordship," the captain said to Philos, with a mocking tone, "but we are but poor and uneducated men and women trying to make an honest living here. I sincerely doubt your words could ever hold much sway here. But fear not." Raising his hand on the air, as if to signal something, the captain continued. "I'm sure the crew will fondly remember your word, and some may even spare a prayer for your soul to have a safe and good journey to the afterlife."

Upon lowering his hand, the pirates started moving against Philos, their intent filled with bloodlust. Even the trio of pirates Philos had been conversing with were now readying their weapons once again, and this time, no confusion was evident on them. "Sorry, mate. Cap'n's orders are the law 'ere." Davis said at Philos. It is plenty evident that this situation is not negotiable.

Philos frowned as he heard the tone in their voice. He hated when it was resorted to this. He didn't looked at all startled by the fact, but he did look sad as he reached to one of the steely looking bands on each of his wrists,

"Must we do this,"
He gave it a twist and material spread from each one overtaking the t-shirt and jeans, replacing it with a green suit with silver accents,

"It would go so much faster if we could just talk things through,"
His gun holstered under the had the material form around it, showing it's handle clearly a gun even if the design was more alien then most.

"I mean,"
Finally he removed his sunglasses and tucked them into a pouch not wanting them to be broken off his face revealing concerned red eyes that looked back at the captian.

GM Post

The captain of the pirate airship simply removed a pipe from his jacket, lit it up, and started puffing. Completely relaxed, he observed as two of his pirates rushed Philos with their bare hands, only for the Farsider to dodge them effortlessly. Letting some smoke out, the pirate captain smiled, as Philos evaded his first two attackers without trouble. "That's right! This is the way. Otherwise, this wouldn't be fun." he taunted. Seeing their two comrades hit nothing but empty air, five more of the pirate group rushed all at once in order to hold Philos down on the behalf of one of their comrades. Even so, two pirates still couldn't even touch him. The three who did, managed to grab him by the shoulders and waist, and while that wasn't enough to pin him, it was more than enough to hold him in place for an eighth pirate to come and throw a punch at Philos' face; the rest of the pirate crew on the deck cheering as their comrades exhibited such teamwork.

The airship itself had significantly slowed down, and the streets bellow it had by now been completely emptied of citizens. The cannons had long stopped firing, and they were being stowed inside the ship.

"Not very fair,"
Philos took the hit to the face, getting a bruise on the cheek as he turned slightly to avoid any major damage. He had avoided most of the grabs, but he was still a bit weaker then the average human so they were able to hold him in place for a long enough moment for the punch to connect. The pain left him dizzy, but he continued to speak,

"A several against one, not very much in my favor is it."

GM Post

"Gyahhahaha! We're pirates, buddy! In case you haven't noticed, we wouldn't be here if we cared about doing things the fair way!" One of the pirates taunted Philos, as the rest of the crew sniggered derisively. They continued trying to hold him in place, and one of the pirates, emboldened by the tide of the battle, took a swing at Philos' back of the head, only it was wide, and the Farsider could see it coming from miles away even without actually needing to see, avoiding the hit with the merest of sways. "Slippery bastard!" He cursed, as the watching pirates decided to boo him and laugh at his incompetence instead. The pirate that landed the first hit, in turn, decided to take another stab, as more and more pirates had pilled up on Philos. This time, however, the alien was more than ready for him, and held him at bay using a well placed foot raised at the pirate's sternum, letting the punch pass harmlessly through the air with Philos well outside the punch's range.

"AAAhahahaha! Well done, well done!" The captain applauded the resourceful alien as he clapped, clearly amused at the shenanigans happening in front of him. "Do you see that, men? That's how you handle being surrounded!" Several oooh's and aaah's were heard from the crew, while the eight pirates were still trying to restrain Philos.

Philos weaved through the crowd, avoiding punches,

"I suppose not, but it doesn't seem to be working out too terribly well for you."
The tangle of limbs got in each others way then they did Philos, who used the advantage of his height to have a vantage of where the various people were going, before ducking out of the knot that was several pirates trying to grab him. The trick with crowds was if they're close enough, they're more likely to grab each other then you. He with a quick movement planted his foot on the tangle of hands and used it as a spring board propelling him into a quick flip that landed him away from the lot eye to eye with the ship's captian.

"Are you quite certain we can't simply talk this out, this seems like an extraordinary waste of energy."

Edited by Aoiroo

As the fight ensued in the Airship, Hronos, who had just become aware of the ruckus after making a round of patrol on the West Freedom, rushed towards Liberty Park to find out what was happening. The floating airship above the park stood out like a fly, or perhaps, more appropriately, a giant flying whale, in a soup, but more worrying was the state of the streets and buildings that seemed as if they were bombed, only without leaving any traces of ruins. The Mechanodynamis flew high into the sky, in order to inspect the ship, just in time to see the restrained Philos escape the hold of the pirates restraining him, and approach the captain of the ship. "Greetings, citizens. I am called Hronos. What is currently occuring in this area?" Hronos bellowed at the people on the deck, as he descented towards the ship. "I would request that you cease any action you are currently taking and answer my questions." the mechanical being ordered, while maintaining a heigh of about 25 feet above the ship.

GM Post

The captain watched Philos' body, making carefully sure to keep all of the Farsider's body into his line of sight, despite still appearing standoffish. As a result, he wasn't distracted, and kept his awareness sharpened. "I'm affraid not. We haven't gotten to the trouble of spreading mayhem in the middle of a bustling city, only to surrender or give up and turn around before we collect our loot. And unless you are willing to walk the plank yourself, me and my crew will have to make sure that you see hell." No sooner had he finished, though, and Hronos made his appearance, prompting the captain to sigh in exasperation. "Tsk, another one? And this one flies as well... Alright, everyone not attacking our stowaway, open fire at the blasted machine up there." The captain calmly ordered the crew, which was more than happy to oblidge.

The pirates that were tangling with Philos started their co-ordinated attack anew, and as they held him in check, one of them managed a kick in the stomach. "That's payback for humiliating me before!" he exclaimed. The rest of the crew opened fire on Hronos, who was able to maneouver and avoid most of the blasts. One however managed to hit him in the shoulder pad, causing damage and inflicting pain on the Mechanodynamis. "See that, Davis? That's how you shoot properly!" Amy boasted, while Davis responded "What are you, blind? It was obviously my shot that got 'im!"

Philos let out a cough as he took the hit to the stomach before backing away,

"I am almost certain I have been nothing but cordial, I do not think it is in any ettiquite rules that I should let myself be hurt. Though you are doing fairly well regardless."
Side stepping the crowd once more he moved in towards the captain,

"There is now a third party involved, maybe we could talk again before things get to hectic. I doubt he should take things lightly,"
He put a hand on the captains arm, there was a discharge, but it wasn't very powerful feeling more like static then a full shock.

Hronos used his hand to trace the injury in his shoulder, as he avoided the oncomming fire. "Indeed, then it appears that my initial assessment has been correct, and that these people are involved in possibly unlawful activities. This leaves us with no course of action other than pacifying them with any means necessary, and it is for that purpose that I will require your help." Hronos said to the struggling Farsider, as he continued floating. Suddenly, he stopped moving. His chestplate opened, revealing an energy sphere of purple hue, as parts of his body transformed. The sphere fluxuated faster and faster, until it sent a giant pulse wave throughout the airship. Many of the pirates found themselves slowing to a screeching halt until they were left completely unable to move and frozen to place, though a couple of them, as well as the captain of the ship, managed to hide between their comrades bodies to lessen the effects of the attack. Philos himself found that the energy passed him completely harmlessly. "That should help alieviate some of our troubles." the Purple-colored robot exclaimed, still floating in place.

GM Post

The captain effortlessly avoided the attack, and decided that he had enough playtime. "See? I'm the one trying to get rid of you guys as painlessly as possible, and what thanks do I get? One tries to taser me while the other time-locks half of my crew... honestly, I hope you're happy with yourselves, because now I'm a bit annoyed." the captain of the pirate airship put his pipe away, and cracked his knuckles. "And YOU! Stowaway rat. You just drew the short straw, which means that you'll be the first one I'll deal with personally." With those menacing words, the captain flew at Philos, aiming to grab hold of his body with a low bear hug.

In the meantime, with the Mechanodynamis' attack stopping time for many of their comrades, the two pirates who were still standing opened fire once again at him. Both of them connected, but they managed little more than harmlessly grazing corners of his body. "Tsk, cheeky bastard!" Janice, the pirate who Kate sent to fetch the rest of the crew, and who was the one actually responsible for injuring Hronos, said, as she concernedly watched Kate's, Davis', and Amy's frozen bodies.

Edited by Vahnyu

"Being punched and kicked by your crew were rather painful I think,"
The bear hug connected, but Philos slipped out of the grip effortlessly as he looked at the captain and set a dial for a slightly higher shock,

"As for him, well, they aren't hurt, they're just, slower I suppose. You said their time was slowed, how is that any different then what you do to those you hit with the cannon. Is it so bad that the same ammunition be used against yourself?"
He lunged forward with a hand but was sidestepped by the captain who was far more capable then his crew,

"As for the taze, it's not designed to hurt at all, in fact, all it gives is some numbness and weakness, but no, no pain."

The sphere in Hronos' chest had stabilized, as the pulse wave dissipated. The fire he recieved drew his attention, however, and Hronos once again activated the Time Stopper device, in order to take the remaining three opponents that could still move. "The occupants of this vehicle do not appear to care about talking seriously, nor about laying down arms, my friend." Hronos spoke to the Farsider. "I would suggest that you conserve your strength and focus your efforts on immobilizing them, at least, for the forseeable future." Unleashing another pulse wave, Hronos attempted to freeze in time the 2 pirates and the captain as well, but this time, he only managed to affect one of the pirates. That course of action could have yielded better results. Hronos pondered, as he was busy attempting to calibrate the backlash from the wave, while he still remained floating in place.

Edited by Vahnyu

GM Post

"Ohhhh, you think that was painful, rat? I haven't even warmed up yet. By the time I'm done with you, you will grow to regret having that 'smart' mouth of yours." the captain of the airship growled mockingly, as he attempted to lock Philos on a grapple once more.

With Janice also frozen in place, only one pirate remained on deck, and he was shaking visibly, seeing his mates become frozen in place one by one. Taking a big gulp in an attempt to fight down that feeling of dread, the pirate tried to line his pistol with Hronos, and pulled the trigger. Unfortunately for him, however, his hand was still trembling, and the recoil from the gun caused his arm to flail wildly, resulting in a missed-by-a-mile shot and a broken wrist. The pain caused the pirate to releash his grip on the pistol, which fell tumbling to the deck, and the pirate himself took three steps back before slipping and falling on his butt, while he convulsed and sweated in paralyzing fear.

"You're fixation on one man who's done little to no damage to your crew is rather strange considering there is the one floating who has stopped them all entirely in their tracks,"
Philos slipped the grip once more leavaging out, and taking a side step to get behind the captain. He swung out and let his shock glove hit the small of the man's back giving him a jolt,

"Honestly, this could of all been avoided if we could of talked this out. I likely could of talked that man down and you'd still have your crew concious and well."

Edited by Aoiroo