Filth and Vermin (OOC)

Supercape

Eh, sorry BR, that was my mistake. YOu want to target a duck, not a rat ;)

Goon Will roll: 1d20+0=2

Yep, he is enraged. 

Rolling Notice rolls (DC20) to see if Filth or Vermin notice the change (as it is subtle)

1d20+4=5 Filth does not. 

1d20+9=14 and neither does Vermin. 

In response, Duck will throw a surprise attack on Vermin

Filth Gangs stats

[spolier]

Using a scrawny Thug Archetype!

STR 10 DEX 10 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 8

Attack +2, Defence +2, Tough +1, Fort +2, Reflex +1, Will +0

Equipment: Leather Jacket (+1 Tough), Club (DC 17 Tough Save)

1d20+4=7 missed the rat. 

I wont roll further, just rule that Filth and Donny are engaged in grappling / restraining him. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switching to invis. Take 10 on Stealth to not bump anyone, if need be, for a result of 27 before bonuses, if any. Just go in, grab stick, off lights, and get back to a conventional hiding spot.

Now, will holding the cane without knowing how to use it let me understand the rat, I wonder?

Edited by Blue Rose

I was aware of the power, that's why I asked; if it was something she needed to know in order to use. Is she aware of the other functions by virtue of having the cane in hand?

And yeah, Sam is kind of an odd one here. Even most stealth characters use it for scouting or to get the surprise round before getting to the part where they punch people. Sam's a character that just does not want to get to the part where she's punching people.

Though I am going to get Teamwork on Sam in the near future so she's more useful when it comes time to start punching people.

So Donny and Duck are going back to the pit entrance to - presumably - seal it up. Vermin (the rat) and Filth are still with Carmen, searching for the cane. They are spreading out however. The rat will stay with Carmen as he(it) is a bit more crafty than poor Filth. 

Sam can dodge past Filth and Vermin fairly easily. Ill say it a DC 5 DEX check to do so. 

That works! :)

On that note, however, how do you want to play out this thread? potentially it could wrap (or near wrap) with your escape. It could play on from that point, or there could be some GM-fiat thingy as Kit makes her escape with Pitch to complicate that very escape. 

There is, of course, the matter of Tazel. However, I suspect once Carmen is back in earshot, that sort of takes care of itself.

The gang itself isn't all that dangerous, really. Taking them down isn't a huge deal.

If the rat is dangerous as more than just a schemer, it could jump on Carmen's leg and come along for the ride for a battle in Sam's dorm room, which may be a bit silly. Especially since it's a school of supers. The rat can't really do much before being swarmed and overwhelmed. And, if you think the demon rat may come in handy later, leaving it floating around may be handy.

I wouldn't mind a complication in-escape, so long as it doesn't amount to, "Aha! The teleport failed! You're trapped in a fight with the gang anyways!" but otherwise, this wouldn't be a bad place for a near-wrapup.

Filth and Vermin are around PL 6/7, which would prove a fight for Kit - at least combined. 

I am inclined to say this is a wrap, although I have grown quite fond of Filth and Vermin as NPC's and perhaps they could challenge Kit in another thread? would she be proactive in seeking them out again?