Enfant Terrible (IC)

"I'll be all right," said Mark after a moment's thought. "I think...I think I'm ready to talk to her like a grownup now." Privately he wasn't sure how well his mom was going to take the conversation, and while he was sure she'd eventually get the help she needed, the messy reality of it was more than he wanted Erin to have to see. "I may call you if she wants to hear the gory details about the fight with Curtis. She'll be really glad you took him out so fast. Like you said, I have to be there for her, however it goes. It'll be pretty rough...but it can't be worse than when she asks me when Nina and I are going to give her a grandkid." He actually blushed faintly at that one as he got out of the car alongside Erin. "But I think that's a story for another day. I'm just glad we pulled this one off." 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin hesitated for a second, then leaned in and gave Mark a brief, slightly awkward hug. "Good luck," she told him sincerely. "And just remember that you're doing what you do because you love her and want her to get better. Give us a call if you need any help with anything, okay?" She stepped back and watched for a moment, then slipped off her shoes and vaulted into the air like a bird taking flight. She was glad to have been able to help, glad to repay the favor of Mark's help with Singularity, but for the moment she was guiltily glad to be shed of all of it. All she wanted to do was get back to the Manor and settle in for awhile where things were quiet and safe and normal. Or as normal as they got for Freedom City's heroes, anyway. Mark would be all right, she reasoned, somehow he always managed to land on his feet.