The Desert Calls Its Own (OCC)

• 4 weeks later...

A Knowledge (Popular Culture) DC  15 for Carmen to remeber the story of the El milagro de la niebla rosada

(The Miracle of the Pink Mist).

In the late Nineteenth Century a bunch of Settler were lost in badlands of New Mexico. Hungry and thirst they were almost done for when one of them saw a glowing pink mist. Thinking it a sign they travelled to the mist to find a source of water.

The story end’s that despite the mist fading they built a town there, putting the church on the spot where the “miracle†happened, but the town didn’t last too long in the arid conditions.

Well Axel I would just say was a pretty regular guy. I may make him a sidekick in the future. He is a biker so he knows how to handle himself I guess. 

Off the top of my head I would say pertinent stats would be

STR 14 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 12

Att +4, Def +4 Fort +4, Reflex +2, Will +6

Skills: Probably Initimidate +6 (+7) as relevant. He probably has Drive 6 (+0) if needed, and some skills in Craf (Mechanical) and Streetwise although I doubt they come up.

As for Ironside, well she is your baby so I guess up to you. I'd suggest something around PL4, as these guys would know how to handle themselves but aren't SWAT level fighters?

Right you're facing two hellhounds, custom PL 6 builds (so pardon my errors :))

Large Hellhound

Power Level:  6 (90/90PP)

Abilities: 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Strength: 28 (+9)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 22 (+6)

Intelligence: 2 (-4)

Wisdom: 12 (+1)

Charisma: 6 (-2)

Combat: 6 + 8 = 14PP

Initiative: +2

Attack: +1 +5 Hellfire, +5 Claws

Grapple: +20

Defense: +6 (+2 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -11

Saving Throws: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Toughness: +6 (+6 Con)

Fortitude: +8 (+6 Con, +2)

Reflex: +2 (+2 Dex, +0)

Will: +1 (+1 Wis, +0)

Skills: 13R = 14PP

Notice 2 (+3)

Stealth 10 (+4)

Survival 1 (+2)

Feats: 8PP

Attack Specialization (Hellfire) 2

Attack Specialization (Claws) 2

Dodge Focus 4

Improved Trip

Powers: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Blast 6 (hellfire, 60ft range) [12PP]

Growth 6 (Flaw: Permaent) [24PP]

Speed 6 (500mph, 4400 ft/rnd) [6PP]

Strike 5 (flaming aura; Extra: Aura, Duration 2) [20PP]

DC Block

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                                       EFFECT

Unarmed     Touch        DC24 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Hellfire          Ranged    DC21 Toughness (Staged)    Damage (Physical)

Fire Aura     Aura    DC20 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Totals: Abilities (0) + Combat (14) + Saving Throws (2) + Skills (4) + Feats (8) + Powers (62) - Drawbacks (0) = 90/90 Power Points

Pitch will be immune to there hellfire breath and there flaming aura.

Hellhound's initiative are 1d20+2=9, 1d20+2=10

Axel's and Ironhorse's initiative are 1d20=8, 1d20=9

Nikki's initiative 1d20+1=15

So we have

16 Pitch, Unharmed, 1HP

15 Nikki, Unharmed, GM

10 Hellhound 1, Unharmed, GM

9 Hellhound 2, Unharmed, GM

9 Ironhorse, Unharmed, GM

8 Axel, Unharmed, GM

Everyone driving a vehicle (Pitch, Nikki & Ironhorse) will need to use there Move Action to control the choose vehicle. Being that it's long flat terrain no one need's to roll unless there trying something fancy or the vehicle get's damaged.

We'll say that the Hellhounds have pulled up between the three vehicle.

So Pitch to start.

Nikki's attack 1d20+10=17 which is a hit with her DC19 claw's. Hellhound's  Toughness save 1d20+6=14, so dazed and bruised

Ironhorse has to draw her weapon so Axel get a chance to blast the Hellhound 1d20+4=13, a close miss. So we have

16 Pitch, Unharmed, 1HP

15 Nikki, Unharmed, GM

10 Hellhound 1, Bound, Helpless,Unharmed, Dazed, Bruised, GM

9 Hellhound 2, Dazed and Bruised, GM

8 Axel, Unharmed, GM

Nikki will throw the Jeep round a make back towards Pitch 1d20+1=16, so she keep's it under control. She'll fire off a bolt of hellfire towards the second Hellhound 1d20+10=29. It'll need a DC 25 save 1d20+6=26. That was a lucky roll for the hound...

The Hellhound Pitch took down will pick itself up and try and break the snare 1d20+11=22, the chain shift's a little (it's injured) but still holds.

Hellhound 1 is going to try and take out the Jeep 1d20+5=25, and with that it's quite likely. He's just going for damage so DC 29 Save 1d20+9=25. So poor Jeep is injured, and the fire aura is still in effect so it needs to save verses DC20 1d20+9=26 no worries.

Rachael tries to hit it with the Shotgun 1d20+4=8, a miss, and so does Axel 1d20+4=16. Which is just a hit, I'll treat them as solid slug so DC 21 Staggered and dazed.

That Axel a bit useful you should keep him around :).

16 Pitch, Unharmed, 1HP

15 Nikki, Unharmed, GM (Her Jeep is Injured)

10 Hellhound 1, Bound, Helpless, Bruised, GM

9 Hellhound 2, Dazed and Staggard, GM

8 Axel, Unharmed, GM

Pitch is up.

As everyone was picking on the same Hellhound it's now returned to it's comfy hot home. The other hellhound is going to stop struggling and await it's fate.

We'll drop out of  combat whilst you decide what to do with it, info wise Carmen would know the creature only had animal level intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...