The Desert Calls Its Own (IC)

It was a strange feeling travelling through the portal this time, and sensation of travelling in several directions at the same time. It was less than a second but it seemed a lot longer and for a time things went a little weird, it was almost like you could see the photons travelling along with you. The Raven obviously had the right idea.

And then it was over and Pitch’s little group found herself in the most mundane of location a rather swanky, but ordinary, office the futuristic vista of Freedom City laid out before them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well I wasn't expecting that" said Pitch, on one knee, clutching her cane. The disorientation had been there, and she wasn't the steadiest of people anyway. 

"I was half expecting to end up in some fiery pentagram, some B-movie satanic thing. But then, demon's aren't like that, are they. More subtle. I guess a lawyers office is as good as any..." she commented, looking around. 

Of course, it might not be a lawyers office, but it did look pretty swanky. 

"Coo--eeee!" she called out, wishing she had a plugged in electric guitar. "Anybody home?"

The double doors of the office were thrown open and a rather concerned looking African-American woman burst into the office.

“Mrs Hawthorn I really need you...† she stopped and looked rather wide eyed at Carmen and her little gang

The raven jumped on the offices desk, deftly avoiding piles of carefully ignore paperwork.

“‘Fraid Nikki’s been detained for a little while.†which was a strange euphemism for having blown herself up “We’ll have to enact the Dante Protocol, congratulation you are now unofficially in charge of a multi-million dollar company. So no pressure there.â€

The Raven hopped around to look at Carmen.

“Welcome to the Roseus Corporation based in Freedom City. I’m sure that Damaris here will help with any needs you have.â€

"The Roseus corperation? What is this, some kind of demon lawyer outfit?" she asked. 

Roseus...Nikki called herself Rosa...fits?

"I'm the last person you want running a company. And I don't think Axel will be much better, sorry my friend..." she added to the biker mechanic. 

"I'll spend it all on booze and...well...on other stuff...." she confessed, thinking of the wildest parties should could imagine. "Not that I don't like the green paper. Its just, well, it tends to slip through my fingers. And besides, running a company would give me a headache!"

She looked at Rachel, imploringly, Perhaps Ironhorse could hold the fort for Nikki. 

“Well I meant Miss  Wulf here actually.†he gave a weird swark which you guesses might have been a chuckle “Nikki expectedly someone to come after her no demon likes to lose anyone from hell, even their previous servants.â€

Obviously her PA had  been briefed about all this as she seemed perfectly fine with all the weirdness going on around her.

“There  are  one or two companies that  have the infernal on there board, they’ll be trying to take advantage of the situation here. We have a lot of work to do a very  little time, so  is there anything I can do for ladies and gentleman?â€

Edited by TiffanyKorta

"Well that's a relief. For a moment I thought I would be rich" said Carmen, straightening up. 

"I don't trust any damn one of you. Doubly so, if you run companies. I'm not the biggest fan of corperate America in the first place"

Her anger rose again. 

"You know, I really don't have a clue what went down in the desert, except we stopped a load of idiot bikers who thought, like always, they could control some demon. I guess they got played. Serves them right. But I got a nasty feeling that whatever we left down there ain't finished" she completed, making for the door. 

"And that gets me. But right now, I need a drink and a sleep and a bit of rock n roll. Where's the nearest bar?"

A few weeks later...

Sunset’s in the desert were always beautiful and the mesa offered a staggering view of the bleak desert. The Mesa had been scotched clean but whatever the two demons had used, except the church that seemed to somehow be rebuilding itself.

“Be damned, if you excuse the term, how it’s happening†Axel waved his large cigar in the air for emphasis “Far i understand never existed in the first place she created it to hide the portal.â€

He puffed his cigar and the two of them stood in silence for a little while.

“You know she’ll be back somehow, slippery customers demon good or bad. And at some point she’ll come back here. I’ve always felt that the desert claims it own...â€

~Fin~