We are Legion (OOC)

cosmicarus

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be able to talk her way out of any trouble over his mysteriously unseen death while associating with someone who will become a raging psychopath and a man infamous in certain parts of Germany as being completely mad. :harley:

And I'm sure the ever-present trails of shadows around her only seem to be forming a copy of the dead man's face, frozen in a rictus of agony.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would require retconning that thread (which has just started getting back into action), something I personally would not want to do. You can always just have Legionnaire run from this area after the fight, looking for Valencia, while Archeville looks the other way (busy examining their tech, tracking down Keira, planning to extract a favor from Legionnaire at some later time in exchange for letting him go this time, or so on ;) ).

And anyway, the other Tech-Priest may be meeting his comrade soon....

The AoO thread made me think about where Kiera's dark powers came from. Not sure on where yet but its all dark, cold and lifeless making her a bit more...cruel if the right switch is hit. She's not going to try and run or anything, most likely just go along with anything. I mean its not as if she wasn't just defending herself!

It also shows that she 1) doesn't know much about her own powers and 2) can't yet control them fully.

Loot the corpses!

I mean... strip the two Tech Priests of any gear (I believe you'd mentioned a gauntlet and a visor, so definitely those; he would strip these guys to their underwear looking for concealed stuff, but he has no idea how Legionnaire or Keira would react to that). Check to see if the one he fired on is alive, or dead. If alive, make sure he's stable, then bind him (hopefully there's something around here he can use for that, a length of rope or some strips of metal he can fashion into some crude handcuffs or something). As for the dead one, assure Keira they'll deal with it later, but right now they need to hide the body (too many questions otherwise); see if she can teleport it away through the shadows.

Call the police, Doc tells them who he is and where he's from (on the off-chance someone on the force recognizes him from his work in Germany), and that he and an associate (Legionnaire; Doc's intentionally not mentioning Keira) had been following a lead on a kidnapping case. He tells them that there had been two kidnappers/assailants, but one escaped. Ask if they have any record of Valencia, if so why anyone'd be after her. When the police get there, turn over the bound Tech Priest and his gear to the cops, and ask if he can assist in the investigation. Doc tells Legionnaire he'll keep him informed of any developments, and let him know as soon as they get anything from the Tech Priest; Doc suggests Keira leaves quickly & quietly, no need to ruin her life over one mistake.

Archeville will pocket the tech from the dead Tech Priest -- staff, visor, gauntlet, and whatever else -- for future examination (and trophies). If need be he'll cannibalize tech from his own gravimetric belt to make an extradimensional pocket (i.e., using extra effort on his own Device -- that's okay, and not part of our current discussion in the Ref forum, yes? -- to get Dimensional Pocket 1 [using gravity manipulation to warp space so his labcoat pockets are far larger on the inside than they should appear to be], 'fatiguing' the belt to do so). If Keira cannot teleport the corpse away, he'll make a bigger dimensional pocket to carry it, too, telling her he'll find some way to make it 'disappear'.

Legionnaire will most likely see if Valencia is OK. He will let Archville plunder the bodies, believing that because he is victorious, he deserves the stuff and equipment. Legionnaire doesn't really care much about Kitty's kill, having seen enough death in his lifetime to strip away that part. He even congratulates her. (Sick i know, but still great)

Indeed so! And if Valencia had not stepped in, Archeville'd be having words with Legionnaire about stabbing the unconscious Tech Priest in the stomach & decapitating the other. Though I'm not sure if they'd be words of praise of admonishment; depends on which part of him's in charge at the time ;)

So, would Doc have had any time to enact any of the things I'd posted earlier (stripping gear, calling police, etc.) before Valencia came bursting in?

• 4 weeks later...