cosmicarus

Character status

Legionnaire - no bruises - no other conditions - HP's |||

Kizzy - 2 Bruises - no other conditions - HP's |

Archeville - no bruises - no other conditions - HP's ||

Tech priest #1 - no bruises - no other conditions

Tech priest #2 - no bruises - no other conditions

Encounter01Round02.jpg

The grey circles are pillars that go to the roof, everything else is just tile except for the stair at the far end that allow passage to the next room. There is no door between these rooms.

The room is well lit by fire lanterns on the four compass points of each pillar and a humble (yet elegant) chandalier haning from the roof in the middle of the room.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you like it :)

The Roman soldier I just took from the web, but the characters I made in the City of Heroes stand alone character creator, which I downloaded from here, over at the ATT.

Anyone else from the "A New Day, A New Way" thread is welcome to join, just post in here first :)

Nareik, this is your show, I live but to serve... and eat cookies.

I'd like to join up but just checking to make sure it's cool with nareik first.

Also, I love the use of imagery. I always try to find/make designs for foes but it never seems to turn out well. I'd love to use COH's design but it looks like the download link is no longer operable. I remember trying to dl it a few months ago also. Le sigh.

Also, I love the use of imagery. I always try to find/make designs for foes but it never seems to turn out well. I'd love to use COH's design but it looks like the download link is no longer operable. I remember trying to dl it a few months ago also. Le sigh.

Dang, that's a shame :(

Great, when everyone is ready we'll get this party-a-rockin'!

Ok all involved, let's get a'goin'! Initiative please...

Tech Priests: 11

And just before we begin, did either Archeville or Kizzy use any HP's in the last thread? (I haven't read it all yet). In an attempt to balance things a little and because we're on the big bronze war-machine's home turf, the Legionnaire will begin the thread with 3 HP's (his normal 1 plus 2 more), and he'll find them easier to earn over the adventure. I've jacked up the power of the villains a little to cope with the new entries.

Let me know if your character icon doesn't properly represent your character and I can change it :)

In the meantime, let's get ready to rumbaaaaaaaal!

Uh-oh - at this rate, the Priests are going to go first!

It's all up to you, Jack-of-Tales!

Oh, important point, Archeville is currently wounded, he's got a Bruise after his run-in with Dryad.

Ah! Thanks, Doc, muchly appreciated :)

And just for my information, Doc, is your move on your turn or just before combat?

And just for my information, Doc, is your move on your turn or just before combat?

Just before, if possible :) Since my initiative's so low (lower even than nareik's!), lots of things could happen that'd impact what I would/could do.

Oh, and a reminder to folks, I'll be away from the 'net for most of this Friday and weekend (I'm gettin' married!).

Also, in the "A New Day, A New Away" thread, Jack said that he'd be away and posting infrequently for the next few days.

Still waiting on Jack of Tales to post an initiative, but I remember them saying that they'll be bsuy. In the interest of starting, we'll get going. JoT, just post an initiative when you're ready, if it's higher that where we're at, we'll have you in on that initiative next round. :)

Ok, I've updated the map for the Doc's move before combat started. I also added reference points so that it's easier to communicate. JoT, you mean that Kizzy will move to F6, right?

When the Doc gets back (another congratulations to him, by the way - I hope he's having a blast! :D), we can continue. In the meantime, here's something I should have stated earlier; we'll be keeping all OOC interaction in this thread. That includes rolls and OOC comments, including map references. I just find that this keeps things a little cleaner... that and I'm a pedantic guy ;)

To paste rolls into your IC post, please use Option C of the following:

How to Roll the Dice and Post Your Dice Rolls:

5. Post your roll: Once you click "Roll the Dice," Invisible Castle will show you a results page, including a link to your roll. Make sure you use the URL that is displayed on that page, and not the URL shown in the navigation bar of your browser window. Once you have that URL, there are several options. If your thread has a Ref involved, make sure you check with him/her to see if he/she has a preference. The three options:

A. Post the link in the OOC thread of your story/campaign/duel.

B. Include the link as an OOC comment at the bottom of your IC thread.

C. Include the link in your IC post with the [ URL] BBCode. Example:

The code for the last sentence in the above example looks like this:

They [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1352299]struck[/url] the flying hero and began trying to entangle his limbs.

DiceRoll.jpg

You can get that code by clicking on the text circled in red. When you paste it into your post (say that ten times fast ;)), just replace the text underlined in green to mesh it in with your text. It's something I only learnt here as well :)

I've removed all OOC references in the IC thread, not because I was annoyed or anything, just because I was bored and had time. Besides, they're my hard guidelines, no point you guys having to go back for my pedantic-ness... yes, that is a word.

Oh, and I've posted a move, so there's no need to hold on my account ;)

No problems, but there is currently total concealment for everyone in the room. I've rolled his check, he got a 12, so you'll be able to snatch it, but you need to make sure you hit him first ;) I was going to roll the d20 for you, but thought that might not be kosher.

(And that bruise you got from Dryad would be well and healed by now :))

Ok, the map is updated! Remember, however, that Kizzy is currently the only PC with normal vision, for everyone else it's complete darkness... spooky, huh?

Kizzy, that Priest that's moving toward you is in G5.

Lovin' the shoulder demons, Doc A! The staff you hold, as far as you can tell in the darkness, has two settings. It seems a fairly simple design - created to be mass produced, maybe?

I'm letting you guys roll the Concealment rolls for the bad guys, because it means that you can alter them with HP's and the like. If you'd like me to roll them, that's fine too. In the meantime, because you're rolling them, a result of 11 or above will result in a hit (as opposed to when the defender rolls them, which would result in a miss). Enjoy!

Oh, and I added the current HP's everyone has to the first post. New adventure, new HP totals. If you have luck or some such thing, let me know and I'll update it. For now, it's off to bed :P

(Archeville's disarm attempt, just for the record.)