We are Legion

"That all you got?" Legionnaire growled. He picked himself up. He felt his heart beat increasing as his dangerously frail temperature started to wear thin. His heart beat pounded above the battle as the fight slowed down. Legionnaire gritted his teeth. He remembered that Discipline was never fully thrashed into him, but the odd lack of discipline did double his abilities. He tried all he could to avoid breaking into the blood frenzy he has been known to fall into time to time.

"Surgeon and girl, Might Frenzy, Stay way" Legionnaire growled to Archville and Kitty. He closed with the Priest that struck him, swinging again. His sword arced just above the priests head.

The first Tech Priest shot at the still invisible Dr. Archeville but with no target, he missed completely.

The second Tech Priest couldn't see his target either, but for a different reason. He was enveloped in darkness. He was about to fire again, but he felt a burning pain in his neck, gasped, and slumped to the floor . . . dead.

The priest slumped to the floor and Kiera stared at the corpse. The circle of darkness around her dropped and she seemed completely oblivious to the battle going on around her. With the darkness also disappears the black claws from her hand which is followed by a sprinkling of blood onto the floor. Her hands are clear of evidence, but her mind is not. Why did that happen? I...I only intended to knock him out but...where did that come from? Oh god.. I KILLED someone!

Notice check (1d20+10 = 16) to see if Archeville happened to see what's going on with Keira & her (dead) foe?

Whoah, did she just kill that guy?

Please, she's not the type. She looks spooky, sure, but she seems like a nice enough kid.

Yeah, that's what they said about Ted Bundy, too.

Don't go there. Speaking of going, we really should give this guy a better go at things, it's really not fair of us to be shooting while we're invisible.

Oh, so you're trying to hit him? I thought you were trying to redecorate.

Archeville switched his force field from stealth mode to full defensive mode, popping back into view, then aims the staff right at the Tech-Priest. "Zhrow down your veapon und surrender! It's zhree against von now, you cannot vin. Get on zhe ground, now, hands vhere ve can see zhem!"

OOC: Readying an action to shoot the Tech Priest if he does anything other than throw down/drop his weapon and gets on the ground.

Legionnaire thrust his sword into the stomachs of his allies victims. They fought better than he dead, which did not make him that happy. However, he dare not strike back. He kicked over the other and decapitated another, just to make sure they did not get back up. He was about to move onto the third, when suddenly a Tech-priest hurtled against a wall. Legionnaire raced towards him, when he noticed the half metal, half biological man was severely hurt. Legionnaire stood there in shock, not even he had the strength to physically propel a man roughly 30 yards. Then suddenly, a huge bulky suit of armour emerged around the corner.

It was massive, twice the size of Kitty, bigger than the Doctor and Dwarfing even Legionnaire himself! In it's right hand held a blade, a massive flow of unidentifiable energy wracking the blade with an elegant gold handle. Carried in its other hand was a huge gun, roughly as tall as its breastplate, and thick as her arm. It had a two headed eagle emblazoned on its side.

It took Legionnaire just seconds to recognize who was wearing the suit. The long flowing blond hair, the anger on her face like it was sculpted, the prayers spilling from her mouth. Legionnaire had never seen Sister Valencia hacked like this though. She raised her weapon and screamed as she pulled the trigger. Bolt after bolt shot from her fire arm and buried into the Tech priests chest. He was dead before the second shot hit, the bullets exploding upon burying into his chest. She ran up to him, shoulder bashing him into the wall, before neatly decapitating him. It was a small miracle the wall stood up to her crashing into it, but this structure looked old to Legionnaire, and looked like it had seen action.

Valencia turned to face them, face ablaze with anger. She saw three people. One glance at Doctor almost made her charge, seeing what she thought was another Tech priest. Then, she saw Legionnaire. She took a few deep breaths as she snapped out of her holy rage. She sheathed her bloodied sword and walked towards the small party, a loud boom echoing her every step. She beamed at the three others. She stopped short.

"So, Sister Lachryma did reach you. I am eternally grateful for your assistance, I already fought and slew four others that defiled this place, and it was starting to take a toll on my stamina" Valencia gasped thankful. She pulled out a strange looking device from her belt, something that could be described as a handheld scanner of some kind.

"You, Herr Doktor Archville, am I correct? Yes, I know you, my handmaidens are everywhere. You are a true Tech-Priest of Mars, are you not? Wait, wrong time period. Anyway, I have a gift for you" Valencia offered, holding the scanner out.

"This is known as an Auspex. I am sure our technology from the future will interest you greatly. Study it intently, for although our technology is not as advanced as other species, for example the Tau, it is good enough for the job" Valencia smiled.

She turned to Kitty.

"You are uneasy with what you did here? Dear girl, you will be sung by the Handmaidens tonight of your bravery. I offer you the Holy Symbol of my order. You are a rare person to have received this gift. May you never lose hope and faith, for if we lose that, then why do we exist" Valencia smiled, offering her a Fleur De Lyse.

She stood back from the party.

"Legionnaire, remain with me please" She ordered.

"You two have access to my services. I will not fight for you, I only fight if my sanctuary is in danger. However, I will offer counseling and advice when you require it. Seek me out if you need re-assurance or strengthening of your Faith. If you have any questions, might I suggest you ask them now, as I have other things that need getting on with soon" she asked.

... what just happened?

... I don't know.

"Umm," the super-scientist stammered, clearly taken aback by everything that had had so quickly occurred, especially the appearance of the large armored person, "Who are you, und who are zhese men zhat Legionnaire just finished off?"

Composing himself sufficiently to take the Auspex scanner, he turned it this way and that, briefly examining it. "Und vhat, exactly, is zhis? Some sort of scanner?"

Valencia turned her brilliant blue eyes onto Archville.

"Doktor, you were sent here to find Sister Valencia. I am Sister Valencia, and I stand before you technology that has not been developed. Unfortunately I can not let you examine my armour, for I require it upon me at all times. However, the Auspex you hold is a piece of technology commonly used.

The Auspex is a handheld scanner, used to search for enemy scouts. If you know where an ambush is going to happen, you can plan around it. It is also useful for scanning compounds of material. I believe you will find great use for it" Valencia assured.

"As for my aggressors? I personally have little idea. As you have seen, I have knowledge of everything that has been going on. Might I ask for your support if I track down their location? I need people like you at my side. Meanwhile, can I ask for one more thing? Remove the bodies from my chapel. You can take anything you wish from, just keep them out of my sight" Valencia requested.

She's got technology from the future, and she gives us a scanner?

It's a nice scanner.

It's a frakin' tricorder! We've got plans for one back home! Heck, Purdue University had a briefcase-sized one early last year!

Yes, but that was just a mass spectrometer, and this looks like it can do much more. But if you don't want it, you can be the one to turn the gift away from the big, imposing, sword-carrying lady.

"If you're so omniscient, how can anyzhing be removed from your sight?," Archeville muttered off-handedly, before realizing he was speaking out loud. "I mean, of course, I vould be honored to help you, und ve can remove these... defilers, but it will be hard to explain to zhe local constabulary. Especially zhat von." he said with a nod towards the one Legionnaire had decapitated. "Of course, zhe police need not be involved. I could just make zhe bodies... disappear."

We can always use some corpses in the laboratory. Need to brush up on our anatomy.

What? No! NO! We should treat them with some respect!

Archeville placed the Auspex into one of his labcoat pockets, then pulled the non-decapitated tech priest (and his staff) over to the decapitated one, then opened a panel on his belt and began fiddling with the controls. "Let's see, if I disable zhe rematerialization subroutine und connect zhe phase inducer directly to zhe emitter array, und lock zhe pattern buffer into a diagnostic cycle, zhen I should be able to dematerialize them und store zhem within zhe teleportation circuitry of mein gravimetric belt. However," he stopped in his jury-rigging and bent down to take a gauntlet and a visor from the non-decapitated one, and put them into his labcoat pockets, "I zhink I'll just carry zhese two items meinself, just in case zhings go awry." He continued to tinker a bit longer, at one point removing what looked like a lens from the inner edge of his belt and placing it onto the center of the front of the belt.

Once done, Archeville turned to the separated head of the tech priest and pressed a button on his belt. An ray of intense blue-white light lanced out, and in a flash the head disappeared. He paused and examined his belt, seeing a new pattern to the flashing lights, then looked up to the headless tech priest. Another lance of blue-white light shot out, and again the body and its gear disappeared in a flash. Archeville paused again, checked his belt, seemed satisfied, then turned to face the remaining dead tech priest. A third lance of intense blue-white light shot out, and the body and its gear disappeared. He checked his belt a final time, then turned back to Valencia.

"Zhe downside of zhis is zhat I now haff to valk home. Ah, well. As long as it holds out long enough for me to get across town, it should be no problem." He withdrew the Auspex and looked at it, then bowed once more to Valencia, "I zhank you again for zhis gift, und vish you vell in your endeavors." With that, he headed towards the doors to leave.

[[ OOC: using extra effort to stunt Dimensional Pocket off his Teleport. Using an HP to offset the fatigue to the device. ]]

Valencia looked curtly at Archville, the normally bland looking being more menacing when the person giving the looked was a foot taller and in huge armour.

She looked at Archville, confused beyond belief at the techno-babble coming out of his mouth. She finally spoke when he finished.

"Either you wouldn't last long, or be a living saint where I come from. I lived in a time where technology was worshiped, as we have lost much of our technology in a Dark time known as The Age of Strife. Our technology is basic and cheap, with only few sophisticated machines. Like I said, the filthy xenos known as the Tau possess the most advanced technology in the Galaxy. They have mastered Plasma technology for one thing, a concept we need to grasp. We have plasma weapons, but they are highly unstable compared to the Tau's, and have a tendency to overheat. This causes injury and even death!

You could be considered a heresy, as the amount of technology you'd make the Techpriest Archmagos, the highest ranking tech priests, suspicious that you went to chaos to grab the tech. Being suspected by the Adeptus Mechanicus is not a good thing, and usually leads to death.

Or, you could literally solve our problems. We are very tightly pressed in the future, with essentially every alien race hell bent on our extinction. Its...its part of the reason I left to here. I still am not used to the peaceful nature of this world" Valencia admitted. Everybody could tell she was in a mixture of emotions.

When Valencia heard Archville moaning about transport, she snapped her fingers. A handmaiden, one you recognised as Sister Lachryma, stepped forward.

"Sister, you will take these people to any destination. Make sure you obey the local law regarding vehicles. Also, try not leave the bike alone, for it is a different design and will attract attention" Valencia ordered.

Kizzy stands around in complete shock. She looks around and mutters incoherently as the roman kills unconscious foes, a holy woman in some form of battlesuit annihilates a fourth and the Doctor talks to the woman about future, technology and a load of words that she has no idea what they could even possibly mean.

Out of all that is said she has only five words that can make their way to her mouth. "My name isn't Kitty."

That seemed to go over well.

Technically, yes, but- oh! Look at poor Keira!

Hunh? Eh, let 'er walk it off, we've got to get back home!

Not yet we don't.

Archeville looked over at Keira and saw she was in a light state of shock. "Keira? Keira?!". The doktor jogged over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Keira, are you alright?"