The suit went dark the blue glowing light fading away into nothing, with the radiation around the body dropping away, whether Cerenkov was still active was hard to tell though he wasn’t currently moving.

In reaction the cloud around Orda spun around causing several of the Merge’s to vanish into nothingness as he collapsed into his corporeal form.

“If you heroes have harmed him in any way.â€

“Well he should have gone boom, so we’ve just saved you cloudy little ass.â€

This Doc weighs a ton and I’m sure he’s getting hot. And not it a eugh type of way.

Just concentrate.

Hey I am, just even for us this is all weird.

As she spoke a horde of Merge’s began to beat on the now solid form of Orda, seemingly causing some harm to the mercenary villain.

"Mission accomplished!" said Supercape as the nuclear explosion faded from probability. 

"Thank goodness for parametric n-dimensional quantum tunnelling!" he explained to nobody in particular, wiping his brown and taking pleasure in the chance for an off-the cuff lecture in advanced subatomic physics. 

He started with a snap. 

That cloud....

His attention turned once again to Merge, fighting off the cloud- whatever it was - which swarmed over her like bees to honey. A flick of his mind, and a spark of electricity arced around the cloud, pulsing through it. 

"Thank goodness for nano-event quark static fluctuations!" he lectured once again, pleased with the pretty display. 

Liebniz...

"Thank goodness for...oh dear" he mumbled in anxiety. 

With Supercape’s blast Orda collapsed to the group taking on a more solid form his clouds shrinking until only a small area around the body swarmed around him like a field of angry bees.

A silence descended on the library and it seemed for a moment that everything had come to an conclusion, but Cerenkov and Supercape weren't the only people in the room who wielded radioactive energies. During an accident in his past Professor Liebniz had unleashed a creature of both massive power and ego, fuelled by radioactivity. Normally this monster was locked away inside the Professor, unless the ambient radiation got to high...

Almost as soon as Orda fell the Merge’s helping the Professor were throw away Liebniz form begun to change and grow.

Heavy Metal had arrived.

Edited by TiffanyKorta

"By all the curses of the world, not again!" cursed Supercape, his mind picking up the so familiar and distinctive signals of Heavy Metal. 

Dense, radioactive, Gamma spectrum...

...Solid, animate uranium...

...And completely immune to anything I throw at him....

He had learned from hard experience that he could throw any type of radiation or energy at Heavy Metal, all day, and it would not scratch him. In many ways, Heavy Metal was radiation, and nothing of that form would harm him in the slightest. 

"Merge! Whoever you are!" he shouted. 

"Get away! It's Heavy Metal ! I mean he has turned into Heavy...I mean he is a supervill...I mean...oh bother. Just watch out! you are dealing with somebody incredibly powerful and quite insane!!!" he belted as loudly as he could. 

“Hey no worries I can take this rumbling giant down, just gotta remember to take my shot first.â€

All of the other Merge’s vanished only to be replaced by a swarm of them around Heavy Metal. They swept back and forwards pummeling him with a series of blows, none of which seemed to have any effect on his Uranium skins.

Heavy Metal for part seemed to be unable to catch any of the dodging Merge’s instead seeming to flail around helplessly.

“Am I reduced to fighting prattling children now? How bothersome, still it just an appetizer for the main course.†he set a baleful eye of the floating Supercape.

"Now now" mumbled Supercape, a mumble of sound rather than volume. 

"Try to calm down, Liebniz...err...I mean Heavy Metal. You have just had a healthy meal of radiation. Try to remember who you really are. Well, perhaps try to remember someone nicer you would like to be....oh dear...."

His force field glowing in anticipation of what he was sure would be a powered uranium fist thrust to his facial area, he held his hands up. 

"Merge....be very careful, this chap is radioactive....and very powerful....and, errr....I can't hurt him....and....errr....he doesn't like me very much.  Blames me for his accident...." he explained, gulping as he met Heavy Metal's uranium eyes with his own. 

Heavy Metal was moving slowly deliberately almost like he was a bored cat playing with his prey. With half an effort he hefted a bookcase a hurled it towards Supercape.

â€Are you not coming down to play? I suppose I better come up there then. WHen I deal with this troublesome woman.â€

This guy is tough.

And possibly radioactive

Oh great so I’m going to glow now. I don’t look good with no hair you know.

Now would be a good time to focus.

The herd of Merge’s threw themselves at the lumbering uranium man, though there attack were more focus on possible weak spot. A lone Merge near the banister waved her hand to get Supercapes attention, then she gave her best mock dumb thinking face.

“Yeah hey there Mr Fancy Cape he might be immune to you attack, but what about the floor?†she gestured for emphasis “Gravity still affects him and this place has a couple of basement’s.†she rolled her eye’s “Smart people can be so dumb sometimes.â€

"Good idea!" nodded Supercape giving Merge the thumbs up. 

"You aren't as stupid as you look!" he replied, impressed with Merge's smarts, and rather disappointed he had not thought of that himself. Normally he might have...

Liebniz...I mean heavy Metal...sends me into a panic...

It might have been an excuse, he reflected, but no - he wasn't vain enough to accept when his brain failed. It was, he realised, the truth - and a painful one at that. Unconsciously, or perhaps consciously...

I feel responsible...

And, to be honest, Heavy Metal frightened him. 

With an outstretched hand - for show and focus rather than necessity, he projected his mental senses to the atoms of the floor - concrete, wood - metal. He just needed to loosen the atomic bonds a little...

And when that happened, a collapse was in order!

• 3 weeks later...

With burst of strange particle’s that would make CERN jealous the floor below Heavy Metal became energy, and the weakest of the force’s suddenly took an interest in the massive bulk of the villain. The library had been designed with light roomy area’s which have the helpful side effect that the villain could pick up some speed before meeting the next floor.

Which was enough for him to go crashing through that floor and carry on, right down to the service tunnels’ that run beneath the campus.

Merge glanced down and then up at Supercape.

“He’s buried up quite a lot of debris, but it’s already leaking some kind of green gas. That not good I’m guessing? Don’t suppose you have a way of stopping him?â€

"None I can immediately think of, my dear" he said, barely surpressing an urge to adjust a non-existent bow tie. 

"And believe me, I have given this little problem some considerable thought. The man is solid uranium. Radioactive, almost indestructible, and able to rip either of us in half, if he got the chance. Although given your peculiarity in the multitude department, I would imagine it would take him some considerable time to do so with you....you could, I suppose, defeat him by boredom, but I wouldn't count on it..."

He was fully aware of the radiation down below. 

"And that will certainly not stop him. Neither will anything I can throw him. He is not only radioactive, but completely immune to any amount of radiation you throw at him. Which, in case you hadn't noticed, is what I do. Sling radiation around..."

"About all I can do is slow him down..." he said, concentrating at the rubble. In an instant, a shell of white crystal formed around the mess. 

"Quantum Matter" he explained. "Tougher than steel, but he can still punch through it. Of course, seeing as it is an unstable wave-function and doesn't technically exist, that might also be a problem..."

• 2 weeks later...

The flawless dome of matter, at least down to the foaminess at quantum level, formed without incident. Then mere seconds after it finished there was a pounding on the material, sending shockwaves through the steam tunnel.

“Ah quantum matter held together by the fundamental force’s of the universe. As long as the Heisenberg factor is not taken into effect nothing can effect it.†his voice sounded sarcastic, with a hint of his normal lecturing tone.

“Of cause the rest of this structure isn’t composed of such matter.â€

The banging began to increase and the tunnel started to shake with the blow’s.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah my dear lady, I hazard a guess that our friend down here is trying to bury his way out, and with his strength it will not take long" explained a nervous Supercape. 

He felt each jarring blow and winced. 

"And quite frankly he could shake the whole foundations of the building and cause it to collapse" he explained. 

He cast his mind back to the whirlwind of events that had happened here. 

"What is going on here? who where those people and why are they in the university? trying to steal something? and for that matter, who are you? trying not to steal something?" he asked, his mind whizzing. 

"Not that I don't trust you. It's just I...we...need to work out what to do. Heavy Metal want's to pound my to dust. That's not so much of a problem. I can whizz off to the other side of the universe if I have to. But I don't want him wrecking the university on my behalf. And he isn't stupid either. He will want to secure himself some power source so he doesn't starve himself back to Liebniz...."

"Which, dangerous as it is, provides an possibility. Overloading him..."

Merge paused for just a second before speaking again..

“I can’t tell you why I’m here, but I promise you I’m not here to cause any harm. I’ll admit that I did wrong in the past but i’m trying to turn over a new leaf.â€

There was another thumb on the dome and some dust sprinkled down on the pair.

“Aww how sweet and touching, you’re not going to start huggin now are you? Now remind me how many staff work in the Library?â€

Merge narrowed her eye’s and didn’t look happy at Heavy Metal’s teasing.

“What do we need to do to stop him you can probably get things quicker, but then again I can’t create matter...â€

"We need to get him to the University physics department. Specifically, to their research reactor. It's not exactly high powered, but it can still feed him what he needs. And then, keep him there, stopping him from grinding us, or anyone else to dust, whilst I recalibrate the reactor to overload him, or harmonize with his particularly own readioactive emissions, that would hopefully change him back to Liebniz...."

"Which will require quite a bit of work, I imagine. And will not be easy. I daresay you look like the kind of person who is particularly good at distracting people what with you *ahem* image, and everything. Well, todays the day you pull out all the stops, madam...."

"Do you know where the physics department is and can you get him there?" he asked. 

Do we know where the Physic’s building is?

Of cause we do, we’re student’s here remember?

Well technically I’m not that why I’m trying to avoid answer Supercape’s question.

Well let’s help him take the Mountain to Mohammed.

Merge nodded to Supercape’s question and as she did she became a multitude of Merge’s filling part of the Steam Tunnel. The lead Merge put her finger on her lips and pointed to the dome of Quantum matter and gestured the shape of a sphere. She was obviously suggesting that the horde of Merge’s move Heavy Metal by hands.