Lord Steam took a look at his cane and tossed it to one side, with apparent nonchalence. Of course, he made sure it didn't hit any of the displays. 

"Distraction, distraction, distraction! Why does everyone insist on distracting me!" he said, irritated with himself. 

He paused, and folded his arms across his chest to drum his fingers on his chin.

"I dare say she has got away with it. Although the details of exactly what damage she has done elude me. Most vexing..." he said, casting his eye over the difference engine. 

"I confess, whilst my remarkable mind is quite the whizz with engineering, the details of your dimension's electronics and gadgets have not yet permeated my brain..." he said with further irritation. 

"I never did bother with all of the money and banking and transaction nonsense. I can see if my diminutive accountant can help..." he pondered. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the automaton crashed down to join its fallen brother, Subito relaxed the grip on his Bandera, giving the defeated robots a crisp salute. Hearing Madame Vapeur's scornful voice he swung around to glower at her, the stocky boy clenching his fists as he struggled to resist the urge to fly over and punch her, knowing it wouldn't do any good didn't make it feel any better.

"We'll get you yet, Madame Vapeur!" he declared fiercely "Count on it!" he was about to go on a tangent about how Vapeur smelled like gloomy eagles and goats crying when Lord Steam spoke, and Heraldo turned to stare at the man in horrified amazement. "Wait...you...seriously?" Walking over to the Victorian ambassador as he holstered the Bandera, the vanishing thief forgotten, the young paragon told him "Sir! It's kind of a big deal to keep track of what your money's doing, are you tellin' me you have to pay somebody to do it for you?"

Shaking his head, the patriotic teen glanced outside the exhibit and winced, his costume beginning to evaporate "Oooh. Yeahm we should pro'lly get goin' before people swarm in wanting to know what just happened, huh?" Freedonians could take a lot, but that just made them even more eager to know what was going on in the crazy world they lived in, and that had its own dangers for those trying to keep a secret identity!

• 4 weeks later...

With the resilience that seemed to be common with Freedom City resident’s the people from the gathering were already moving back into the room to find out what was going on. And siren’s in the background suggested that Freedom City’s finest was already on it way.

Blodeuwedd scowled and didn’t look at all happy with the turn of events

“I’ve got a nasty feeling we’ve not seen the last of Madame Vapeur. And especially you Lord Steam, she seems to have taken a shine to you...â€

Looking around it was easy to see the kind of trouble she could cause the next time she turned up...

"Shine...Diamond...yes I see what you did there...."

Lord Steam gave a curl of his mouth which was hard as his eyes. "Yes, she is a fascinating creature is she not! It has been a while since I was vexed so, I confess. And I relish the feeling..."

He dusted himself off, a few shards of broken cane and a coiled spring had lodged themselves on his waistcoat. 

"Well, I have no doubt that I shall cross swords with her again. In fact, I insist on it!" he demanded to the ether. 

"As for me...us...I suggest we take that suggestion of departing without delay. I do so hate the tedious banality of police questioning. No panache. It bores my silk socks off!" he said, ushering Blod and El Heraldo out and following suit...

• 2 weeks later...

Above the city Madame vapeur relaxed as her original airship the smaller than her last but more homely the Wyldtyme. With this craft she had been place’s she couldn't have even imagined when she was just a simple engineer tinkering back home.

This world offered such wonderful opportunities she would definitely be back to visit this world. Who would want to miss a chance to tussle with a great analytical mind, and he wasn’t half looking to boot. Standing at one of the window’s overlooking the city she raised a glass of champagne to a worthy foe.

“To you Lord Steam what wonderful stories we shall make.â€

But where to next? She fancied a trip to the Orient they held many fascinating secret’s to discover, and some impressive treasure’s.

With a flash of light the Wyldtyme blinked out of existence into a new world of adventure.

~Fin~