Familiar Problems (IC)

Darren touched his fingertips to his heart. "Please, nothing about my talk is, like, random. I just like to throw out a lot of red herrings, keep people on their metaphorical toes. It's a good way to weed out the normals - they can't handle it. Get all confused and angry, it's really quite cute." He blinked slowly, looked down at his book, and then up towards the sky with pursed lips. "But, I guess that didn't work on you.Hmm hmm."

With a stretch, Darren stood up off his lounge chair, which fell into a cloud of glittering dust that disappeared in the air. He stuffed his book back into his bag, then smiled at Marcus. "Maybe I misjudged you a little. Anyone who can actually, like, admit that I know what I'm doing can't be completely boring. Still a bit on the plebeish side, but this is America, right? Upward mobility!" Darren waved his phone. "Give me your number. Maybe I'll even help you with, like, super people problems or something."

"Super people problems... hm." Marcus chuckled. He figured it couldn't hurt for Darren to have his number; everyone else who could actually contact him didn't attend Claremont or had some other super powered means to do so. "I guess you might as well give me your number too."

"'Confused and angry' could definitely describe a lot of people... myself included. Beast Rune or no Beast Rune. I guess it's okay though. I mean, I have a guess as to WHY, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have some answers soon. Need to have a conversation with my dad soon."