Opening Bids (OOC)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, edited my last post to have her throttle the engine down and try to stop the yacht.

Also, she will take a couple of free actions (again thanks to Quickness 9) to take 20 on some Notice checks around her (for a total of 29), on the look out for Trap-Door.  Her goggles (Device) provide 360 degree sight, so she doesn't even have to turn around. :)

• 3 months later...

Again apologies for the large delay.  But my free time is obviously back in order.  And since you said you're willing to continue let's get that show on the road.

Omen takes the opportunity to demoralize the already stunned Get Away as a standard action.  With a roll of 28 which succeeds against her Sense Motive of 18

Get Away wants to try and make a run for it.  But she's reeling, terrified, and isn't going to risk more bodily harm than she just finished receiving.  So this time the speedster gives in.  Of course Miss Traykoss is still being difficult but she is essentially out of combat now.

Trap Door for his part had a pretty impressive stealth roll of 34.  However, I'm going to dock him 5 whilst he's moving to get near.  As he takes his entire round entering the scene through one of the various mirrors strewn about the area.  Leaving Velocity aware of his presence. 

So now the situation is

Round Five
Velocity (59): Unharmed, 2HP
Omen (18): Unharmed, 2HP

Trap-Door (12): Unharmed-GM
Get Away (44): Surrendered-GM
Smash (5): Unconscious-GM

Omen arrives on the scene and wastes no time in his own introductions with a kick of 25 which hits, forcing a DC 18 Toughness Save.  Of which Trap Door gets a 17

He takes a second shot at Velocity but it's a wide miss with a 12.

Round Seven

Trap-Door (12): Bruised-GM

Get Away (44): Snared-GM

Which does set up Round Eight.  But one name seems to be missing off this list.  Hence why it's not all she wrote.

Round Eight

Trap-Door (12): Unconscious-GM

Get Away (44): Snared-GM

Edited by HG Morrison

Velocity easily notices that Grab is hiding beneath a table.  More importantly that two outstretched hands are coming forth from said table.  It also doesn't take a notice check to notice this, but the lights on this floor were turned off at some point before the smashing began and in the middle of the night the floor has obscured some vision somewhat.

Omen has to work a bit harder to hoof it moving all out to make it to the same floor.

I'm going to play it a little fast and loose for a second and stunting off elongation Grab can make an area trip attack on both of Omen and Velocity getting a 21  Not good enough to get Velocity especially with total defense.  But good enough to try and peg Omen.  She gets a 22 on her Dex Roll, which thanks to the house rules would be opposed by Omen's acrobat score so essentially he couldn't fail said roll either.

Round Nine

Grab (5) GM

Omen has his own go at hitting Grab.  And gets a 19 swing and a miss.

Grab for her part tries and grapple Omen.  Getting a 22 which lands and impressive 34 on her grapple check.

Omen's opposed grapple roll comes down to a 14 leaving him pinned.  Which would lead to a Distract (Bluff) check towards velocity as a move action.  Due to taking it as a Fast Task the check is at -5 so she only gets a 15

Round Ten

Omen (18): Pinned, 2HP

Grab (5) GM

Edited by HG Morrison

Alright let's see.  Since Omen's bound not pinned as I wrote earlier what with failing the grapple check by 5 last round only action he's allowed to try is Escape at a -4 due to Grab's Improved Pin.  Not that he would try any other.  And it's as good as it can get with a...31 ...unfortunately Grab's got an equally impressive roll with a 37

And since Grab is dazed can't do anything else other than keep the hold.

Round Ten

Omen (18): Bound, 2HP

Grab (5): Bruised, GM

Edited by HG Morrison

Let's see Omen gets a 23 on his Escape attempt.  Which is stopped by Grab's 38.  And Grab's on a bit of a grappling roll isn't she what with the 20's and 19's.

Grab starts the chokehold that she would have been smarter to start two rounds ago.  Completely done for narrative reasons and not me forgetting that chokehold can be applied immediately and not needing a standard action to use.   *Whistles innocently*  'Course it did take me a good while to figure out whether dazed lets go of grapples as well.  To show how often grapples and I cross pass.  

Back to the action.  Although I think Grab can make a -4 attack with her free elongated armed due to the improved grapple and yadda yadda.  The choke is all she shall do for actual narrative reasons.  And Omen makes the first save with a 26

Round 11

Velocity (59): Unharmed, 1HP

Omen (18): Bound & Suffocating, 2HP

Grab (5): Bruised 2, GM

Edited by HG Morrison