Opening Bids (IC)

Omen made a face full of pure discomfort.  "Yeah, sure I'm peachy.  I think my insides were just violated.  And I'm still hoping she washed her fingers.  But other than that top of the world.  That was easily the most violating near death experience I have ever had.  Seriously if there's a self-help group for this I wouldn't be surprised."  Omen chuckled as he rose to his feet.  Any future meetings with Grab or villains like her would certainly involve a bit less mouthwork on his part.

Omen wasn't jesting with how perturbed the woman's attempted asphyxiation had made him.   "Anyways, thanks.  If it wasn't for you knocking her around like it was going out of fashion I might not be awake for this conversation."  Taking another moment to shake any lasting discomfort off.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity gave Omen a sympathetic look, cringing slightly as she thought what it Grab’s attack must have felt like.  "Sorry I was not able to get you lose quicker."  The speedster replied.   "She turned out to be rather resilient."  She added turning her head back towards where Grab was now sitting.

But of course, the speedster did not need to look in the direction of something to see it thanks to her high-tech goggles.  Right now, they were feeding her images of the items Grab had smashed, including the apparently concealed hard drive that had also been damaged.  The fact that they were all items donated by Grant Conglomerates was not lost on the young woman.

As Megan Howell, she had met Jonathan Grant a few times over the years.  Growing up, she had also known his oldest child, Sarah, who was a couple years older.  But since she had become a member of Freedom City’s superhero community, and particularly after she had joined the Freedom League, Velocity had heard some of the suspicions other heroes had about the owner of Grant Conglomerates.

"So, was this really about an attempt to fleece a bunch of wealthy people, or were you all really after something else?"  The speedster asked Grab.

GM

"Why so curious?  Sorry if you think the well is deeper than it really is.  But if you weren't here, I can guarantee we would have left with the spoils.  Not that our motive is any of your business, Goggles.  We could have only come out for sightseeing for all I care.  And all you will get outta me.  You can go back to letting that hamster wheel inside your head turn."  Grab replied brushing off Velocity's attempts at gathering any more information.  Her personality made it difficult to tell if she was being difficult for the sake of being difficult or actually guarding information.

The elastic grifter's eyes scanned the room before her head tilted in Velocity's direction  a coy look on her face.  Obviously now intent on being as problematic as she could.  "Well, I could be convinced to be a bit more gabby.  For a price.  This party is just about ruined.  So how about you let me take some prison trinkets?"

"Oh, how silly of me to think there possibly could have been anything deeper to your plan than simplistic, greedy goals."  Velocity replied.  "In any event, what you can be charged with can put you away for a long time as it is, I mean, just because being cooperative can help in maybe getting the DA to lessen the charges doesn’t mean you necessarily have anything to offer in that regard."

When the rather cynical criminal continued running her mouth and asked about taking some "prison trinkets," the speedster gave her a small frown.  "How about no."

"Something tells me you two won't be becoming prison pen pals."  Omen quipped as he noted the interaction between Grab and Velocity.  His curiosity was also piqued at the notion of what their goals really were.  His curiosity was equally piqued as to whether there was anything deeper going on.  The asphyxiation made sure that Omen also wanted some distance from her.  Officially finding himself not a fan of Larceny, Inc as the night went on.  Not that there was any question in the first place.  "Two out of four isn't horrible at least we can take that as a win.  Only a matter of time until the other two end up behind bars.  The rest of the group seemed a lot more diplomatic than her.  'Course I don't think they kept the Big guy upstairs in on the loop."