Opening Bids (IC)

Erick moved to go along with the stride of the music.  He wasn't stumbling or the like that was never an issue balance wise.  Nor was it that he particularly lacked rhythm.  The dance floor was just simply not the environment his grace was often applied in.  Of course he wasn't aiming to make a fool of himself either so carrying on with a confident expression as he returned the woman's smile with one of his own.

"Indeed, we'll just have to make them a memorable thirty minutes."  He gave a curt nod as he went along with their motion.  Compared to how he spent his evenings usually, it was a certainly a nice change of pace.  He almost had to remind himself not to get too comfortable.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megan continued to glide across the dance floor along with Erick, who, despite his warning, was doing quite well at keeping pace with her.  Though, she was not particularly surprised by that, after all, he was a world class athlete with incredible balance and agility, he likely just had to focus on the steps a bit more than if he was an experienced dancer.

One of the many reasons Megan continued to enjoy dancing so much was that it was an activity that forced her to remain at a normal speed.  While running around at supersonic speeds and battling supervillains was thrilling and her work at Summit was "fast paced," it was nice to be able to slow down from time to time and just be in the moment.   

GM

Suddenly a loud ringing noise pierced the sky before the roar of the engine starting up echoed throughout.the craft.  Everyone on board would be jerked back as the vehicle began jettisoning itself forward.  Those on the boarding ramp at the time were knocked into the water below.  Landing safely, but no doubt ruining at least one outfit.  The yacht's speaker system would kick in and a gruff voice would begin to echo throughout the boat.  "Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking.  Seeing as you are all in such a charitable mood, I trust you won't mind a little change in the itinerary.  Tonight you get the honor of not pretending like you care about the poor in this city and actually giving back.  Careful it's going to be a bumpy ride."

The so called captain's warning did not need much explanation  A loud thud followed by the entire vessel being rocked.  Those on the starboard side of the ship would be able to see that the cause was the grey skinned villain known as Smash.  A member of Larceny, Inc. one of FCPD's most wanted crew of super criminals.  The man who looked as if he was chiseled from literal granite slammed onto the vessel with such velocity that it was only a matter of physics defying luck that the luxury vehicle wasn't torn asunder   The passengers were in a state of panic many screaming for help and running all over the deck.  Some even attempted to jump of the vessel having decided the cruise was not in their best interest.

Erick wanted to groan as he almost fell to his feet from the movement the massive yacht had been engaging in.  Far more than was obviously expected in the evening.  The loud clanging of an uninvited guest scaling the ship didn't add any bouts of inspired enthusiasm either.  Erick would go on to look around rather frantically for some sort of opening not fond of what he assumed was some roundabout hostage situation.  Of course, how could my night go any other way?  As much as he enjoyed his job, he really was wishing the career path came with a night off.  Almost at odds with that wish he was at least grateful that the auction items were only one floor lower.  Attending an event hosted by acquaintances of the Sloane family gave him a little leeway.  "Still one of the better high society events I've attended."  He let out, sighing as a plan of action began to form.

When the ship suddenly lurched forward, Megan managed to remain on her feet as everything came to a halt on the dance floor and then someone's voice came over the speaker system, someone the young woman was confident was NOT the captain.  Wonderful, just what I need.  She thought to herself as her mind began to race with thoughts on how she could get herself clear to change and deal with this mess.  The last thing she wanted was some large hostage situation.

People were starting to run around in panic, thought Erick sure seemed to be relatively calm about things as he made a comment about the event being one of the better he had been at.  "You really need to get out more."  Megan replied back with a somewhat grim grin.  "Maybe we should get off the deck?"  She suggested, still not sure how she was going to slip away from Erick.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Sorry about this.  Erick considered slipping away, there was after all a scrambling crowd to hide behind.  It wasn't all that impossible to think that they could get separated.  But this shake up was all the reminder he needed to keep his personal relations at an arm's length.  Chances were that his next act was going to kill any impression he had made thus far.  The blonde man sprinted for the port side of the deck and grabbing the railing it appeared as if he simply leapt over.  

Outwardly it seemed as if he was making a cowardly leap for survival without bothering to check on his dance partner.  In reality he was using the railing as a pivot point to help launch himself to the lower deck.  Where a bit more privacy could be afforded.

Megan was only half paying attention to what Erick was doing, as she was looking for an easy way to slip away into the crowd.  So when he started sprinting off towards the port side of the deck, the blonde young woman did not think twice, but instead let herself get pulled off to starboard by some of the crowd. 

Once she had gotten away from Erick, she made her way out of the crowd as it tried to head towards the stairs to a lower deck, and made her way through an open doorway to the interior of the massive yacht, looking for a place where she could change into Velocity in order to get back out there and try to get things back under control. 

GM

The commotion did absolutely nothing to stop Smash from reaching the top deck of the yacht.  Making his way to the center of the deck, Smash would raise his large boot into the air before slamming with enough authority that he was sure to get the attention he wanted.  "Listen up, do what Trap-Door want and nobody get hurt.  Don't and me smash!" The threat may not have been the most articulate one ever uttered, but it certainly got the job done.

Megan had lucked out, due to the massive size of the yacht it needed a bit more storage space than the average vessel.  With the rest of the passengers otherwise occupied in terror by Smash.  Those who hadn't elected to simply jump overboard would not be aware of her slipping into an unoccupied broom closet.  It wouldn't, however, be the most comfortable fit.

Well, not the best place to try to change, but could be worse I suppose.  Megan thought to herself as she slipped into the broom closet and took off her shawl to get to the hidden pocket in which she had hidden her Velocity costume.  Normally, the change would have taken a fraction of a second, but the tight space of the broom closet had her moving a bit more slowly than she otherwise might. 

Still, she was changed rather quickly, and hid her dress, heels and shawl on the upper shelf of the closet and then stepped back into the passageway.  Checking that the coast was clear, she was then off in a blur of movement, looking to try to get up to where the muscle bound member of Larceny Inc had been heading.

GM

It didn't take Velocity long to reach the top deck.  It was no surprise as it didn't take her long to do much of anything else.  Whizzing by at speeds invisible to the naked eye she'd be greeted to the unfortunate surprise of the craggly musclebound Smash.  Whom was currently guarding his deck full of hostages in his single mounded pursuit to follow whatever orders he had been given previously   Secretly part of him was hoping that one of them would make a  move so that he could go off script.  Standing still and doing nothing was far too boring a use for the former pugilist.

The passengers for their part were slowly inching towards the edges of the deck. Other than the occasional sob not a single peep could be heard.  One brave man sought to make himself an example by defiantly standing up to Smash.  After taking a few steps forward the man was sent flying into the sea by a glancing blow.  Luckily, he was left relatively unharmed simply winded for a moment as he struggled to stay afloat.  Upon gathering his bearings, the civilian would begin swimming to shore like those whom had taken the leap before.

Unfortunately, the distraction had served to get Velocity within Smash's line of sight.  "Oh pretty underwear lady.  You gonna be in trouble if you no listen!"

-------

Elsewhere, Erick had managed to safely land on the middle deck of the boat.  And as far as he could tell he was completely alone. If one didn't count the various items and offers on display.  None of which had been tampered with or stolen.  A few fragile items such as vases had been knocked over in the initial commotion when the ship was first boarded by Smash.  But other than that he was completely in the free and clear to make his way to his own display case.  The one which placed an offer on a free boat ride with Erick Sloane to the winning purchase of the old family fishing boat.  The blonde was positively livid as he pulled out a briefcase from underneath the case.

Edited by HG Morrison

Velocity skidded to a halt between the bulk of the passengers on the deck and the large supervillain.  She was not sure how many there might be, but for the moment, this one seemed like the biggest threat. 

"Underwear?"  The speedster replied with an affronted tone.  "The name's Velocity, you know, from the Freedom League.  And I think you're sorely mistaken about who is going to be in trouble."

"But I tell you what, why don't you get whoever is running this little scheme out here so I can talk with him and we can see if this can't be resolved without having things get unpleasant."  The heroine did not have much faith in being able to possibly talk things out, but she thought she should at least try before she just started punching the villains into unconsciousness.  But she was more than ready to fight if need be. 

Erick was steadily putting on his costume.  Even though he had far more open space to get the job done, the process wasn't anywhere near as expedient as what Megan had accomplished elsewhere.  Unbeknownst to him of course.  Folding up his dress clothes, Erick placed them inside the carrying case for his costume.  There was a loud clicking noise as he attached his utility belt.  The only part that took any real length of time was the application of his domino mask.  With a single push of a button on the side of the high tech mask the reflective lenses would activate giving him the visibility to skulk in the night.

In one fell swoop Omen would slide the briefcase back where it was once was and begin stepping with the.  In a less than his normally jovial mood, the young man would slight snarl.  Fully intending to let out his feelings for the direction the night went on the intruders.

GM

Smash was never going to deviate from his orders under any circumstances.  Other than an almost child like innocence that level of loyalty was certainly his most admirable quality.  Unfortunately that very same quality was not endearing him to be compliant with Velocity's request.  "Nu uh.  Trap Door said not to let anyone up to the drivey room.  You stay.  Or I beat you up but good!"  He wasn't in anyway aware of the fact that he still managed to answer her in his defiant outburst.

The shirtless behemoth beat his chest in a dominant display.  A simplistic showing of his might to keep everyone in line.  Smash probably thought he was being innovative as he gave off a very pleased with himself grin afterwards.  All he really served to accomplish was buying enough time for Omen to reach the opposite end of the deck in the amount of time it took the craggly man to show off.

Omen for his part wasn't making any effort to hide his presence as he rushed up to the deck.  Which did nothing in helping him stay out of Smash's line of sight when he made his way up.  "Hey you tricked me!"  Looking back and forth between Velocity and Omen, Smash quickly came to the realization that the woman was serving as a distraction so Omen could make his way to the wheel.  It wasn't a correct assumption, but he wasn't about to ask for clarification.  "Now I Smash you up!"

"Oh please."  Velocity replied with a roll of her eyes back as the large muscular villain turned back to threaten her.  "Like I've never heard that one before."

In a blur of movement, the yellow clad speedster was over next to Smash, her right hand shooting out at blinding speed.  A loud *CRACK* echoed in the night air as her hand broke the sound barrier, and then connected solidly with the large villain's chin. 

*WHAM*

Smash remained on his feet, but the blow clearly hurt, as he stepped back slightly, a dazed look on his face as he tried to regain his bearings.  But the heroine was still on the move, zipping back around the deck to come to a stop next to the new hero, or at least she figured he was a hero, who had just appeared.

"Hey."  She offered, keeping her gaze on Smash.  "I've got this guy.  Why don’t you try to head up to the bridge and see what's going on there.  I will catch up when I can."

Edited by Thevshi

In the amount of time it took Omen to blink, he missed what occurred right in front of him.  Almost at a lost when Smash took a tremendous blow from the much smaller framed female.  The way the pugilist reeled back completely out of it from the shock of the impact was all the convincing the caped vigilante needed to go along with her request.  "Works for me."  Omen turned around intending to ascend up the bridge and pay a visit to the captain.  He looked back for a moment just to take in the sight yet again.  A wide smirk forming on his face as he was pretty pleased with the impressive sight of the craggly man almost getting ready to drop that quickly.

Edited by HG Morrison

GM

Of course looking back even for a second was hardly the intelligent thing to do when dealing with Larceny, Inc.  Four parts made up the whole and Get Away wasn't just about to let their muscle drop like that.  Or more importantly give someone the opportunity to make it to Trap Door without providing ample time.  Which was why it should have come as no surprise when moving like a blur, she ran up from the lower levels of the yacht.  Causing a small sonic boom to follow in the wake of her impressive rate of speed.

Cursing under her breath as both of the trouble makers seemed to avoid being blown away by the impact of her entrance.  Omen had lucked out and instinctualy dived out of the way.  Chances were he hadn't even see.  And Velocity for her part appeared to just take it head on brushing it aside.  Sad to say, it was probably the most impressive method of attack that Get Away had to offer.  "I think I'm going to have to cut in"

Smash for his part took the time to stare at the sky.  His hands reaching out as if he was trying to catch some imaginary flying birds circling his head.  To put it simply he was rocked, and stumbling about as he tried to catch recover from the blow.  His brain couldn't afford missing any more cells.  So the brief respite was more than welcomed from the almost 8 foot tall goliath.  "Ouchies"

Velocity managed to twist just enough that the sonic boom caused by Get Away's arrival did little more than make her ears ring slightly.  The speedster was much more used to delivering such an attack rather than receiving one.

Focusing on the Asian woman when she stopped near Smash, Velocity just gave her a grin.  "Sorry, I think I'll finish my dance with your muscle bound pal."  With that she zipped over next to Smash once again, another *CRACK* echoing in the air as the speedster landed another solid hit.

*WHAM*

As Smash was knocked off his feet, Velocity remained in place, ready to turn her attention to Get Away.

Edited by Thevshi

GM

Get Away wasn't a tactical genius.  Subscribing to the school if at first you don't succeed try and try again.  And if all else failed, she could run away as far as her legs could carry her.  Seeing as she had been planning on supporting Smash so he could do all the work the complete change of pace had taken her for a loop.  Gritting her teeth the brunette would be begin circling the heroes, with little concern for the safety of her teammate.

Smash didn't even feel the slightest tickle from the sensation of the Sonic Boom.  And her actual targets were prepared on the second go around to avoid its effects entirely.  As she ran back to check on Smash a transparent look of fear came on her face.  She wasn't having fun any more and it didn't look like things were about to turn around in their favor either.  "U-um, get up big guy.  Going to need your help.  Like now."

Smash's only response to her request was to punch mindlessly at the air.  It was obvious that at this point he was punch drunk.  It would be a wonder if he could even see the blue in the sky his brain being racked with the heavy weight of those fast blows it had been taking.

Edited by HG Morrison

Omen rolled his eyes as he reached for the Stun Gun on his utility belt.  Figuring it the best option for slowing her down a notch or two.  "Oi, I don't think he's getting up any time soon.  But don't worry I'll be the gentleman here and make sure to give you the proper attention you deserve.  Careful, if you make too much noise you might end up disrupting all the other passengers."  â€‹Omen called out derisively towards Get Away in light of her failure to make any progress in aiming Tensing up, the man would ready himself to intercept her the next time she passed by him during a mad dash.  He was planning on making it her last leisurely jog of the evening.

Once again the speedster of Larceny Inc tried to use her sonic boom against Velocity and the costumed hero who was also on hand.  This time Velocity was better prepared, dancing out of the way of the shockwave before running back over to Smash as he tried to get back up after her last attack.

"Normally don't like to do this, but I think you need to take a nap so we can get on with getting everything back under control."  The speedster stated as she delivered another supersonic punch to the muscleman.

As he went down for good this time, Velocity looked up to Get Away.  "Sorry, he won't be helping anytime soon.  Might I suggest surrendering?" 

GM

Waving her hands over Smash's face, Get Away wasn't able to get a single reaction out of the hulking man.  The fear now turned to terror as Get Away realized the losing battle was all but lost.  But she wasn't about to surrender that was for, looking to fully prove where she got her name from Get Away would take to a runner's position before calling out.  "I think I'll have to pass on that offer.  Ta-ta for now."  She planned on making her escape the raven haired woman would attempt to make a mad dash for the stairs.  Heading back down from where she had come from in the first place.  Unfortunately, that plan would soon be cut short as Omen was prepared to cut her off the next time she ran by..

Omen gripped his stun gun firmly lunging forward as the fast moving Blur came into view.  And responding with thousands of volts of electricity in kind.  "No really stay, I insist."  Her muscles began to quickly contract as she the voltage took her mind out of it.  Get Away's eyes rolled into the back of her head for a moment and the only sound that escaped her lips was a muffled 'mmf' noise. Afterwards, Omen would pull his arm back and lift the stun gun to his mouth level blowing on it in a joking manner before making some over-dramatic sheathing motions as if he was in an Old Western putting away his revolver.  Behind the reflective lenses of his domino mask, Omen's blue eyes would peer down at the petite woman whom was biting down on her bottom lip.  Her mind kind of out of it.

Velocity was just about ready to head off in pursuit of Get Away when the other hero zapped her with a stun gun, halting her, at least for the moment.  "Well, seems like you have her under control."  She called out.  "I'll head up to the bridge and see what is going on there."

With that, the speedster was off in a blur of movement.  A few seconds later, she arrived at the yacht's bridge, finding the large man who had made the earlier announcement about the start of the auction unconscious on the floor.  But the room was otherwise empty for the moment.  Velocity frowned a moment, worried where the leader of Larceny Inc might be right now.  But for the moment, she needed to at least get the ship stopped, so she began looking around for the controls to bring the engines to a stop.

Spotting the throttle next to the wheel for the ship, Velocity shifted it to power down the engines and try to bring the massive yacht to a stop.  While she was doing that, the speedster took a few moments to check the area around her, looking out for any sign of Trap-Door, the technology in her goggles allowing her to do so without even turning around.

Edited by Thevshi
  • 3 months later...

Omen crouched down as he looked at the slumped over villainess.  That glassy eyed look from being tazed was all too familiar to the domino masked hero.  As such it was the perfect opportunity for him to begin channeling his inheritance from his adoptive father.  Fear.  Omen took on a much more imposing demeanor as he began to speak to her.  His eyes narrowing ever so slightly as a gruff voice escaped his lips.  "You know there are a lot of things I would rather not do right now.  For starters, I would hate to have to pick you up and leave you dangling over the side of this vessel.  Your muscles would get tired, blood would rush to your head, and whatever I leave you tied up with may not hold.  All in all you would be pretty lucky if the police recovered you in time.  The water is pretty cold out here too." 

He was of course lying.  Not that Get Away needed to know that.  She merely needed to comply with the threat.  "Of course, if you listen to the nice lady from earlier's request and surrender, I could simply tie you up and focus on finishing up the clean up.  That sounds like something I would much rather have to do.  So, I'll have to ask will I have to do something I don't want to tonight?"  Erick then reached into his utility belt for his snare holding it up to help drive up the intimidation factor in her current state.  The fact that the boat had come to a stop was a positive sign.  The lack of a commotion in the course of said positive sign wasn't as reassuring for the blonde male.  As such he was making sure to drive the point home so as to remedy that lack of information as quick as he possibly could.

GM

As the yacth came to a gradual and complete stop the remaining passengers aboard the vessel breathed a collective sigh of relief.  Perhaps it would not be too much longer before the evening was salvaged thanks to the arrival of their saviours.  At least that was the mentality that was stirring aboard.  Showing that ever famous Freedom City resilience at its finest.  Get Away for her part wanted to try and bolt for it again.  But she wasn't about to let any more volts course through her body.  Especially with her human shield out of commision nearby and how close the threat came in the aftermath of recent events.  Still somewhat out of it she gave a slight nod to show she understood before surrendering herself to be captive.  Of course Miss Traykoss would continue to be difficult, but she wasn't about to put up a fight.  Despite this Get Away showed no outright concern for the fact that their plan was unraveling.

Trap Door emerged from one of the various mirrors drawn throughout the top floor.  A wry smile on the man's face staff drawn as he moved to attempt and sneak up on Velocity.  As far as Larceny, Inc's mastermind was concerned everything was going according to plan.   He just had to make it a few more inches unnoticed and the first of two distractions would be dealt with.  Unbeknownst to him he had stopped being unnoticed the moment he attempted to close the distance between the two of them.