House of Marvelous (IC)

Tiffany Korta

Even as she continued to try to distract Madame Marvelous, Velocity was watching the events going on around her.  While the villainess appeared to be distracted, or at least doing a very convincing job or pretending to be, her two henchwomen were aware something was up.  At any moment Crimson Crush was going to reach the upper level where several Merges had just taken out Marvelous' henchmen, and Asad and another Merge were going to be there at any moment.

So, it was time to act….

"But really," the yellow clad speedster began, suddenly focused and serious once more, "I am here to stop whatever you have planned and to brining you in!"  Then, in a blur of yellow, she was moving, seemingly everywhere in the room at once.

Several loud *CRACK*s echoed in the room seemingly at the exact same moment, as Velocity launched supersonic punches at Madame Marvelous, Mini Marvelous and Crimson Crush as she moved quickly through the room.  However, the speedster’s timing was off, and she failed to land her attacks on any of the three.

Reappearing near where she had started a split second later, the speedster was tensed and ready for any counter attack as she added, in a low, self depreciating tone, "or maybe not." 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the first studio Merge turned towards Asad, with a rather determined look on her face.

“Thing are starting to kick off in there. This is going to be easier if I concentrate on thing in there. It’s straight ahead you can’t miss it.â€

And with that she faded away to nothing in that studio, something that would have been unnerving if Asad hadn’t seen it far too often before.

Whilst in the other studio thing’s went in the opposite direction the room was suddenly filled with Merge’s who started to attack the all three enemies into the room with a flurry of fists.

At that point Asad came tearing through the open door, a static charge filling in the air as he rushed in targeting the largest overt threat.  Certainly not having Velocity's speed, but as he angled right at Crimson Crush, he was a runaway freight train to her racing motorcycle.  Clotheslining her as hard as he could, he kept hold and lifted with her into the air before he rocketed up to the ceiling, pushing her against it.  Sure he was avoiding Marvelous, but that really was unsurprising, given the history he had with her.

Mini Marvelous took that opportunity to prove that she was more wasn’t the “little guy†of the group growing in height until she was to the height of the studio, and even then she stooped a little. As she grew she threw out one of her hand’s scattering quite a number of Merge Trois to the four corners of the studio.

Madame Marvelous seemed to be enjoying the whole thing giving a little clap of joy. THe lights of the studio seemed to paint her face in a variety of colors as if made up by a small child.

“Asad my darling you made it, I was afraid you’d miss all the fun. Do come down her and give little old Marvelous a kiss.â€

She spun her head around in a comedy manner as if she was trying to follow Velocities movements.

“All that running around must be very tiring Velocity, maybe you should slow down a little.â€

As she spoke Velocity could feel herself getting sluggish as if Madame Marvelous word were having an effect on her.

Velocity followed all the action that was taking place in the room with relative easy, thanks to the three hundred and sixty degree sight her goggles provided her.  Asad seemed to have Crimson Crush taken care of for the moment, and while "Mini" Marvelous proved she was more muscle than she initially appeared, Merge still very much seemed in the fight.

As Madame Marvelous called out to her, the yellow clad speedster was able to stay just ahead of whatever the villainess was trying to do.  "Well, thanks for the concern, but it takes a good bit more than this little bit of running to tire me out."  She quipped back as she speed back up onto the stage.

As she streaked past the supervillainess, Velocity's right hand shout out, making a loud *CRACK* as it broke the sound barrier.  But this time she was not trying to punch Marvelous, at least not directly.  Instead, the speedster created a small shockwave with her supersonic punch, trying to stun the other woman.  Unfortunately, her timing was off again, and the micro sonic boom missed the intended target as Velocity zipped back through the studio, putting distance between her and Marvelous again. 

• 2 weeks later...

The number and position of the multitude of Merge’s was a rapidly shifting and changing to allow her various allies to actually move around. Not to mention trying to avoid the massive grip of “Mini†Marvelous. With all this motion is was actually pretty difficult trying to hit anyone.

“Marvelous your dialogue must be among the most cheesiest I’ve ever heard. And trust me I’ve used pretty bad puns in my time.â€

At least things seemed to going there way so far, but she wouldn’t put it past Marvelous to have a trick or two up her sleeve.

Asad growled, like his namesake, and he spun from the wall, and quite simply piledrove Crimson Crush into the floor.  It wasn't graceful, it was a mad wheel about, before he blasted himself as his full flight speed to, and then into the ground.  Admittedly his only method of dealing with Marvelous herself was to mentally employ the tactic of a grammar schooler and repeat to himself, just under his breath, "La la la la la I'm not listening..."  It was crude, but it was what he had.

Edited by TheAbsurdist
  • 2 weeks later...

With a massive smash Asad and Crimson Crush came crashing to the floor in a flurry of seat’s. The tall woman seem to come off the worse from the fall and just lied in a small crater in the floor and managed a little a little groan.

Madame Marvelous didn’t seem overly concerned about this or her failed assault on Velocity discarding potential failures with a shrug.

“Amir it’s so nice that you came all this way to see me I do hope that we can spend some more time together.†to Asad’s ears it sounded so soothing, like she was his old lover returned to him after all this time...