House of Marvelous (IC)

Tiffany Korta

Onika Studio's, 5th March 2013

Whilst some diehard had arrived through the previous day the main body of people had begun to arrive sometime around dawn. Onika had been closed for almost a year after Merge’s original robbery whilst the legal ramification of them losing a large portion of money from their Box O Money show.

There was an almost carnival like atmosphere to the whole thing with the Angeliever's, who believed it was all her playing a part, exchanging views with the Marvelousite’s, who followed her criminal career as fervently as some followed her previous movie career.  Some people had came in makeshift costumes, of varying degrees of competency, giving the whole gathering the feel that everyone was waiting for the opening of a very strange Convention. Here and there were the people who held themselves with a degree of competency, and sometime bemusement at the actions of other, they seemed to have the look of professionals criminals of various stripes.

Right at the front of the queue chatting politely to the two bouncers on the door, one wearing a t-shirt marked Truth the other Lie, was a version of Merge. Dressed almost normally she had been waiting all night to keep an eye on everything going on and await a good moment for the “real†Merge Trois to arrive.

Edited by TiffanyKorta
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday after talking with Merge, the Velocity had gone back into work and been a bit more productive than usual, making it easier for her to arrange to work from home today.  She had spent a bit of time this morning getting everything she needed to have done finished, having already sent some of it in, with the rest ready to be sent throughout the day. 

With that taken care of, she had gotten into costume and recently arrived on the rooftop of a nearby building with a view of the front of Onika Studio.  From there she was using her goggles magnification to keep an eye on the crowd and look for Merge Trois and Asad to arrive so she could assist them.  Overall, the speedster did not like the look of the crowd below, as it looked like it could easily get out of hand. 

Amir had retired to his office, and not left the rest of the day, or night.  It was uncharacteristic of the billionaire, but it happened.

He showed up without anything resembling pomp or circumstance.  Coasting in overhead, and stopping as he looked down at the tableau beneath him, and he frowned.  She should call herself Madame Barnum.  Looking down at the throngs of people, he didn't descend quite yet, knowing that likely she had accounted for him.  Or worse.  Of course he was only noticed if people were looking up, and they would be.  Especially if Madame Marvelous was involved.  It paid to be on your toes, lest you are smacked with a halibut.  An avant garde halibut.

• 2 weeks later...

When the time was right, just before the door were about to open, Merge strode into the parking lot where people where everyone was gathered. She was dressed only in bright blue swimsuit and a pair of heels walking with extravagant and exaggerated movement’s that demanded attention.

She clambered up on the roof of one of the few parked vehicle’s, helped up by two of herselves, and threw her arms out wide as she got the attention of the crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen I’m afraid that Madame Marvelous had to suddenly change venue, if you’d like to follow me...†she gestured to another her from where she had just come from, who grinned and gave a little wave. “...she’ll lead you to the new location.â€

With a few sighs and moans a portion of the crowd began to gather their positions to follow the Merge.

As the more flamboyant Merge had the attention of the crowd the plainer less obvious Merge was talking with the bouncer’s on the door, with monies about to change hands.

• 3 weeks later...

He was trying to be unobstrusive, as much as he could be.  Which was little, precious little.  He watched the crowd start to disperse, scowling, his hands clenching and unclenching, before he reached up and touched the comm, sending a message out to Ana.  "I will be late, there are things I need to do.  I doubt there was anything I needed to be in on, and that is just from looking at the schedule.  Though get me the blow by blow from the meeting with the Sao Paolo office if I am not there."

He paused a moment, listening to her response, before he interjected.  "I am aware Ana.  However what you are saying is easier said than done, I need to go now."  And then he hung up, before he dipped down smoothly to a rooftop, waiting until the majority of the throng of people was away before he went to the street.

The Merge on the car now seemed to just lounge on the vehicle seeming checking her messages as most of the crowd started to move away. In reality she was sending a message to Asad.

I know another way into the building, follow me.

Merge

XXX

With then she gracefully slid down the bonnet of the car and slunk her way to the other side of the building.

Whilst everyone seemed distracted the secret Merge by the door reached an agreement with the doorman and slipping him a rather large amount of money, before slipping quietly into the building.

Velocity was relieved when Merge was able to convince the crowd to move away from the building.  Hopefully they would not be back anytime soon.

The speedster waited as the crowd continued away, never an easy thing for her, and the watched as Asad flew down towards the street and the Merge that was near the entrance was let in by the guards positioned there. 

Well, looks like Merge is in.  Time to meet up.  Velocity thought as she started off in a blur of yellow, running down the side of the building she was standing on top of and speeding off to one side of the studio not far from the front door.  Vibrating her body's molecules at superspeed, the speedster passed easily through the walls of the building and into the hallway beyond.  A moment later she coming to a halt near the Merge that had gone through the main entrance.

"Nice job getting the crowd to move away."  Velocity offered with a small smile.  

Inside Onika Studio

Whoop’s Busted!

What do I do now, can we go with the original plan?

We could but let’s see how this pans out.

Merge’s face seemed a little shocked to see Velocity, but she quickly regained her composure.

“Oh hey, you just caught me off guard. And thanks I’ll try and keep them out of the way until we can sort something out with Madame Marvelous.â€

With her more fannish form of dress she looked almost normal, no where near as flamboyant as she normally looked.

“I’ve taken Asad in via another route I used last time I visited this place. Shall we go visit the spider in her web?â€

Velocity listened as Merge explained how another copy of herself was leading Asad in through another entrance.  The speedster still did not fully trust Merge, but thus far she had not done anything to make her think she was not being honest about wanting to stop Madame Marvelous.  So, she was willing to go along with Merge's plan, for now.

"Sure, though isn't that the most likely way to be ensnared in the spider's trap?"  She replied with a slight grin.  "Any particular plan for when we get there?"  She then asked.  "Or we just going to make it up as we go along?"

“Well we’re probably the best people to avoid the trap, we’re both pretty hard to pin down.â€

It was mostly true, she had been planning to try and to convince Madame Marvelous one her own. But now Velocity was here she wasn’t going to reject the help.

“Madame Marvelous is all ego, she the kind who need to tell everyone about her plan. If we keep her talking we can assess whatever help she has, and she will have some muscle. Then when we have enough info we can bring in the big guns. Oh and Asad as well...†she struck a pose suggesting the big guns she was talking about.

Velocity gave a slight nod as Merge mentioned they were likely the best ones to avoid any potential trap.  The speedster then listened as the other woman described what she had in mind as far as trying to learn what Madame Marvelous was planning, and what sort of help she had with her.  While it was certainly not a full proof plan, it was sufficiently simple and straightforward enough that they could easily adapt depending on what happened.

"Then I guess we get trap springing duty."  She replied with a small grin as Merge mentioned Asad almost as an afterthought and struck her pose.  "Lead the way then.  I'll try to do my best to not rush ahead."    

• 3 weeks later...

Rounding the corner the two hero’s were confronted by a strange sight, not unexpected when dealing with Madame Marvelous.

The person who drew the eye first was a woman who barely fitted into the corridor being so tall but that wasn’t her most striking feature, that was reserved for her skin which was a bright crimson in color. She was well muscled, even considering her size, and was obviously some form of hired muscle.

She was made to look much taller by her companion who must have been only around 4’6†and dressed in same kind of clothes Madame Marvelous chose to wear. When they were spotted the smaller of the two spoke revealing that she appeared to be only a child.

“I’m Mini Marvelous and this is my protector Crimson Crush. I’m handling all of Madame marvelous appointment today. Who should I say is visiting?â€

Edited by TiffanyKorta

Velocity forced herself to remain at a more normal speed as she followed along after Merge, only occasionally stopping for a moment before catching back up in a blur of motion.  When they found their way blocked by two of Madame Marvelous' henchmen, the speedster simply looked coolly at the pair before she responded to the question from the smaller one.

"Well, this is Merge Trois, and I'm Velocity."

From all initial appearances, the smaller one calling herself Mini Marvelous seemed relatively harmless.  But Velocity knew enough to not count on that actually being the case.  Crimson Crush's abilities seemed rather obvious and Velocity had experience dealing with muscle bound types  though it was also possible she had a trick or two up her sleeve as well.

He moved through the air towards the place she indicated.  He didn't enjoy this little game, Merge was still playing it.  But he had little choice, as the former-villain or whatever, had gotten to his urge to help.  And given he was flying, he was able to cover that distance easily before slipping to the side.  While not particular stealthy, he was relying on the other Merge and the whole mob mentality on letting him get to the location.  Touching down he looked at the Merge before him flatly, his arms crossed over his chest.

Outside the Studio

Merge stopped in front of a manhole cover and began to lift it off with no effort.

“The main sewer run’s right beside the studio, I created a path between here and the first studio to...†she looked a little embarrassed for a second “Well that doesn’t matter, it’ll get into the building without anyone knowing. Me and Velocity are already inside we can be in a position to help if things go awry.

Studio Corridor

A rather bored sounding voice drifted from the studio

“Who is it mini me?â€

Before Mini Marvelous could reply another Merge was in the doorway, giving another of her ridiculous heroic poses.

“I’m Merge Trois who the hell are you?†she stopped and gave a confused and slightly forgetful look “Oh and Velocity, she’s me plus one.â€

Crimson Crush was momentarily confused by Merge’s action but she was rapidly regaining her senses.

Edited by TiffanyKorta
  • 2 weeks later...

He nodded slowly, not bothering to follow up, they both knew precisely what she was implying, and his mood was sour, to say the least.  Moving slowly, he hovered over the hole, before lowering into the sewer.  Not a place he really wanted to be in.  But then lack of choices as his general tactic of full frontal assault was... less than ideal for Madame Attentionseeker.  It didn't help that had been in one recently, and had almost had to shave his beard to try and get the smell out.

Studio Two

Merge and Velocity were gently herded into the Studio by Crimson Crush, the room was in complete darkness and all they could make out was some kind of chair on the stage in front of them. Little Marvelous stepped round them into the room to be illuminated by a single spotlight.

“Ladies may I introduce our most gracious and talented of hosts for today’s gathering of like minded individuals. The one and only Madame Marvelous.â€

Another spotlight illuminated the throne on the chair which slowly span round to reveal Madame Marvelous dressed as the tackiest most sparkling medieval royal you could ever imagine.

“Why Merge Trois what a pleasure to finally meet you...†she waved her hand vaguely “Oh and your little friend as well.â€

• 2 weeks later...

Velocity smirked slightly at Madame Marvelous' general dismissal of her presence.  One would think a supervillain would be a little more up on the superheroes in Freedom City, particularly ones that were part of the Freedom League.  The speedster had a slight urge to just zip over there and crack the villainess across the jaw and bring this to a quick end.  But this was Merge's "show," so to speak, so she instead waited to see how things went with whatever she had planned.

Though she appeared to be focused on Madame Marvelous, her arms crossed in front of her, Velocity took a moment to take note of where Crimson Crush and Little Marvelous were, as well as scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary.

• 2 weeks later...

Studio Two

It was a common mistake that because Madame Marvelous acted crazy, or was crazy the court was still out, that her plan we’re just throw together on the spur of the moment. From Velocity special viewpoint she could she that was just the case. Up at the top of the seating was a least ten guards hidden in the almost darkness. They at least seemed to be armed with non-lethal weapons at least.

Madame Marvelous leaned forward and pointed a finger at Velocity

“You I know I never forget a face, Velocity...isn't it? Come to invite me to join your little Freedom Club?†she clapped her hands and looked gleeful “Or are the two of you here to join my little band.â€

Merge leaned in towards Velocity and whispered in her ear.

“I’ve almost got Asad into position, see if you keep her distracted for a few more minutes.â€

Below Studio One

The sewer’s below the studio was surprisingly spacious and helpfully free of an effluent. This was probably because a short distance from the entrance was a massive hole dug into the ceiling. The hole was quite large and well excavated something that would have taken most work crew’s weeks to achieve. Unless of course you could provide almost unlimited woman power.

“Up through there is Studio One and there’s only a short linking corridor between that and Studio Two where Marvelous and friend are.†unlike her normal bubbly self Merge actually looked rather pensive.

Velocity took note of the men Madame Marvelous had hidden up in the shadows and nodded as Merge indicated one of her duplicates and Asad were nearly there.  "There are at least ten thugs up in the shadows, no sign of any firearms."  She replied in her own whisper.

The yellow clad speedster then stepped forward, giving Madame Marvelous a slight bow.  "That's me, one of the fastest people on the planet."  She replied before standing back up.  "But of course, I came to see if you would be interested in joining the League."

"It is not easy though, I mean, you would have to give up the life of crime," Velocity made a small sweeping gesture around them, "but, there are a number of perks.  For one, there are a number of cute guys, like Gabriel and Bowman.  Also, you can pretty much count on all the media attention you could want."

"Go back."  He said, with that frown, as he floated towards the hole that Merge had made.  He was uncharacteristically grumpy, but then he tended to be when it involved her.  And why not?  She wasn't going to get better, there seemed to be nothing he could do to help her or fix her.  It didn't help that the money and investments he kept in a trust were still a contentious legal issue that came back to bite him regularly.

But that was neither here nor there.  Whether or not Merge was involved in this, his mood would have turned.  "I'll be a distraction then.  Lights may go out soon."

And he rose through the hole into the Studio proper.

Studio Two

With Velocities 360o she could watch Merge spring into action with a multitude of Merge’s descending on the guards at the top of the seating. Despite her efforts to be stealth one of the guard managed to spot her and gave out a small yelp of surprise.

“And there’s all those attractive women on the League, you hear these rumors...†Madame Marvelous was oblivious to it all.

Here two henchwomen weren't quite so oblivious Little Marvelous ran forwards to beside Madame Marvelous and tried to attract her bosses attention.

“Your majesty I think you should...â€

“Not now Little Me I’m considering this nice womans offer.â€

Crimson Crush didn’t attempt to reason with Madame marvelous instead she started to make her way up towards where the bulk of Merge’s were active.

Studio One

Merge was already at the top of the hole waiting for Asad to arrive.

“Madame Marvelous has two henchwoman with here, one Crimson Crush is a pure bruiser and I’m not sure about Little Marvelous but I would figure she has some sort of powers. She had some more minions but I took them down...†there was a hint of pride in her voice.

“I think thing are about to kick off big time.â€

Velocity watched as Merge, or rather several of her, began to engage the thugs, her jaw tightening ever so slightly as one of the guards got out a warning shout.  Thankfully, Madame Marvelous appeared too distracted by the speedster and what she had to say.

"Well, I am afraid I cannot confirm any such rumors."  Velocity replied, lifting one gloved hand up and studying the back of it, or at least appeared to be doing so. 

In fact, the speedster was watching everything going on around her, tracking Crimson Crush's movement towards where the Merges were active, watching Little Marvelous for any sign she was about to act, and keeping an eye on Madame Marvelous to be sure she continued to be distracted just a little bit longer.  She had a distinct feeling things were about to get serious, and was ready to spring into action.

Edited by Thevshi

"Then I need to suit up."  And he moved pressing a hand to a light switch, and he started to absorb the the electrical energy.  The crackle of the current filled the air, as it rather visible was surging up his arm and then sinking into his skin.  His expression was tense as this happened, looking to Merge.  "I will be just a moment, you all should be focusing in that room."  Said, as he flexed his other hand, slowly, and soon there were arcs between those fingertips as he kept moving that hand.