Leaves in the Wind [OOC]

trollthumper

GK waits as long as he dares to give Fleur some distance, and then attempts to Snare the Doctor; he'll remain hidden, though, just in case! Mmmm, Tremmorsense and Indirect 2....

Ranged Attack Roll: 18

I'm...hoping the Doctor isn't much of a combatant; at the very least the Doctor should be flat-footed, I guess. If that hits, DC22 Reflex vs. a snare effect, coming straight up out of the ground. If the guy's bound, GK'll block all his senses.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an inanimate object, so it'll go down quickly. Frost would probably know from his involvement in Soviet espionage not to spam attack the miniature particle accelerator, but he can most certainly dismantle the rig to the point that it'll take a lot of effort to get it up and running again.

Welp, all the good Diplomacy is off frolicking with dryads, so time for another tack, maybe.

Tiamat puts on her scary face.

Intimidate Check: 25

GK aids!

Aid Intimidate Check: 22

.... :facepalm: GK, did you just nat-20 being scary? YOU? Really??

So, that's 25 (Tiamat) + 3 (GK) = 28 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I was all worried about GK trying to find the Mother until I remembered he had a 40pp array.

So! Stunting off his 40pp array:

Burrowing 4 (25mph; Extras: Affects Others, Penetrating; Feats: Subtle) 21pp,

ESP 8 (Visual, Tactile, 2000mi radius; Flaws: Medium (Earth); Feats: Subtle, Rapid 2 (100x)) 19pp

The general idea being he can try to find the Mother or Fleur, and then take the whole group there. 25mph isn't amazingly fast, but he can go all-out and take it to 100mph if he has to, depending on where they're going.

If my math is correct (and I have no guarantee that it is), ESP 8 should take 500x normal search time; a search is a full-round action, so that's almost an hour. Rapid 2 is 100x faster, or 5 rounds, or half a minute give or take dramatic timing.

He's looking for the Mother, where ever she may be hiding - trying to find suspicious-looking pockets of plant matter or anywhere that a whole lot of plants and roots all converge. If he can find out where Fleur went while he's at it, all the better! Though he's limited to what the earth could reasonably 'see' - if it's in the air, he's probably blind to it.

Stesha is going to take a moment just to try and assess the situation before she does anything else. Her skill mastery gives her 25s in Notice and Sense Motive, and she's got 20s in Life Science and Medicine as well. Who/what is this plant being, and what does it want, and what kind of hold does it have over all this foliage? 

This plant being appears to be a root structure for the general forest that is the Bay Area... except that seems like a convenient fiction. If this were a taproot, could it really be moving around so freely? It's grand, all right, and majestic, but it's not the heart of the structure.

• 1 month later...

And let's get this party started:

Green God: 25, Unharmed, 0 HP

Fleur de Joie: 17, Unharmed, 5 HP

Tiamat: 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Willow: 14, Unharmed, 2 HP

Comrade Frost: 13, Unharmed, 1 HP

Gaian Knight: 3, Unharmed, 3 HP

The Green God decides to use Snare to begin with. Due to his Super-Senses and his size due to Growth, he's technically aware of everyone in the area. That'll be DC23 Reflex to halve/evade, DC23 Reflex to avoid entirely.

Fleur is up next.

Alas, Fleur is snared. Luckily, she doesn't have to be free to use some of her more exciting planty powers! The Green Man is a plant monster, if we are sticking with past rulings, so is affected by plant descriptor powers. Like disintegrate! 

That's a DC 28 toughness save, even if it's immune to the linked fort drain effect. If the plants in the room and the vines snaring her are real plants that the Green Man is manipulating, she'll target them instead and dissolve the snare and any surrounding plant life. 

Well, probably not a good idea to go full-on dragon (unless the cavern's bigger than I'm thinking it is), but hey, plants. She has a (woefully under-PL'd) answer for plants.

Tiamat sends some nice fire breath the Green God's way. DC18 Reflex (assuming he can pull reflex saves in his current state), DC23 Tou vs. fire.

Since she isn't going anywhere at the moment, she'll also try to demoralize as a move action:

Intimidate Check vs. Green God (demoralize, -5/Move Action) (1d20 + 18 - 5=15)

Final check of 15? That's less than your bonus, Tiamat! Oh, so sad. I'll leave that be, though; a few rag-tag heroes underground probably don't mean much to someone with a god complex. And hey, maybe he'll bomb his save.