Glamazon

Table of Contents:
1. >HellQ
2. >20Q

Freedom City Timeline:

February 17, 2013: Diving into Academics:  The Glamazon starts her Sophomore year at Claremont doing battle with academics

June 24th, 2013: Azure Seas The Glamazon and Tsunami do battle against Pirates(mercenaries) over the high seas (The Mediterranean)

July 16th?, 2013: Fearsome Five by Five  The Glamazon teams with Errant, Set, Sekhmet, and Temperance to do battle with 

November 20th, 2013: Interpersonal Counter Revolutions  The Glamazon and Errant do battle against socializing and minor thugs

November 25th, 2013: Bargain Hunting The Glamazon teams with Tsunami and the Tiger Most Crimson to do battle against the many faces of Legion

December 8th, 2013:  Disastrous Delinquency The Glamazon teams with Kit to investigate a series of unfortunate events and battle against the woes of investigating demons.

December 17, 2013: Bright Lights and Good Cheer The Glamazon does not do battle with friends and merriment.

January 5th, 2013: Gravity Falls The Glamazon joins in on Tsunami's campus tour for some of the incoming transfers to Claremont momentarily doing battle against new student Cho

Edited by HG Morrison

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am just a girl with a mean left hook.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

The surface-dwellers have taken to calling me the Glamazon.  It has a certain ring to it. 
What is your full birth name?

Thalassa of the House of Atlan.  We can address ourselves by a patronymic so I would be Thalassa daughter of Poseidon for a formal introduction.  Or if one has earned the accolades they can be addressed with a title in place of what one would call a middle name.  As the surfacers have granted unto me a title, you may call me Princess Thalass 'The Glamazon' Daughter of Poseidon. 

Where do you live?

Currently I reside in Claremont Academy, although the Atlantean embassy also has a room available when I so choose.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Recently turned 16, so 1997.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female.  Wait what does not applicable mean? 

How would you describe your heritage?

Atlantean, no matter what else is in there my heart does lie with my people.

How tall are you?

I do not know fairly tall.

What is your body type?

I have a warrior's physique.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Why would I share those with you?

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you
walk with confidence?

A warrior should always move swiftly with an air of confidence.  There is nothing to fear on the battlefield.  Stealth may be too delicate for me, but I can move with some grace if need be.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Raven black hair, light blue eyes, and olive skin.  I have been told that the ocean is always reflected in my eyes.  I am sure it is just a complement.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I wear it down.  I know I should I cut it shorter for practically, but if someone's foolish enough to pull my hair they better be willing to have some bones in need of mending.  Do I look like I have facial hair?

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I do not know.  Cannot punch someone with attractiveness, what use is it to me if I am?

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I have an odd trident shaped birthmark near the heel of my left foot.  Sadly I do not have any scars, it seems my wounds do not like to stick around.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I am not sure.  I would like to think I resemble some members of my family.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I am left-handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Whatever is comfortable normally.  I do enjoy taking apart bits of armor and wearing it as an accessory though.  I officially hate heels, though will wear them for my cousin's benefit.  Dresses for formal events.

Do you wear makeup?

Not unless under duress or held down and forced to for some sort of public event.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I have been told my voice is a little deep for a girl's before.  I talk a little slowly sometimes so as to prevent myself from screaming.  Sound carries differently underwater, and your tongues are not as naturally fitting for me as Atlantean is.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and
what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they
annoy you or other people?

I have been called out for saying whatever is on my mind the moment it is on my mind.  I did have a little stutter when I was younger, but that went away with time.  Thetis tells me people do not always appreciate brutal honesty, ironically after giving someone else her own opinionated statements.

History

Where do you come from?

Princess of Atlantis sort of tells the story.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Well, living above the sea level is a new experience.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you
feel about the government of your country?

I do not mean any offense to my guest country.  But my heart belongs to the sea, and push come to shove I know who I would side with if it came to choosing sides.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I love it!

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Filled with more water, and less in the way of skyscrapers.  To begin with the lack of a sky makes certain of that.  There's always a beast to be slayed or an adventure at every corner if one goes out to seek it.  Our magic can serve many of the same purposes as your 'science'

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

No one treated me any differently from my siblings, I am not sure how many mixed-blooded Atlanteans there are but we  seem to do just fine.  My status affords me certain privileges, however I am not sure if that is relevant to your question.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your
life?

I' am really good at fighting.  Gve me an armament and I could serve proudly in the Atlantean military if the need arises.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member,
abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

I was abandoned at birth.  I have lost friends and family due to either infighting from those attempting a coup d'etat or other events...fairly normal experiences.  

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

To say public opinion back home of the surface world is not popular would be putting it lightly.  When I was a small child that did not stop King Theseus from single handedly stopping a band of barbarians from taking over a ship belonging to a small band of human sailors.  He fought against his own people, at the risk of his life for the weak strangers whom no doubt had little trust for him in the first place.  Despite any criticism that he would get from such an act he bore a huge grin on his face and laughed the entire event off.  That is when I began to understand what is right and wrong.  As well as the responsibility those with the power to help bear in helping those in need.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I once broke a pillar supporting the royal library and it took years for the library to be restored.  The memory crystals inside were left unharmed.  But, the structure itself was in shambles.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I received private instruction from the finest royal tutors.  I paid attention when it was entertaining, which means hardly ever.  Let us see if Claremont fairs any better.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

A dagger.  It was a memento of my first failed kidnapping attempt.  Or was it a murder attempt?  I survived.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

It was not a conscious decision.  My body just sort of reacts when I see someone in need of help.   Still, I have never thought of not being a hero, the queen and king are the examples to live by.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so,
why?

No

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

No!  Secrets are too much work.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I am proud of who I am, as everyone should be of themselves.  I do have to act proper and ladylike at times, but I do not feel as if I' am putting on an act.  Thetis once said to me we are who we choose to be.  It just means sometimes I choose to be more whined down.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far
would you go to protect those secrets?

Does not apply.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Um...propert-oh wait record?  No none.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Father is called Poseidon but he goes by many names.  Though he's not exactly a father to me.  The king is more of a father figure.  End of question.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Pact or no pact Poseidon is not winning father of the year.  However, the king on the other hand has raised me since I was a small child.  A warrior through and through, he is a shining example I strive to live up to.  But in my own way.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Well he is sort of king of the seven seas.  Even if the United Nations keeps trying to limit how much territory Atlantis truly governs it is not their decision to make.

Where are your parents now?

Who knows, Olympus?  Could care less.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Once again, I have no idea.  I assume, with the rules and all they stay far and away from here.  But then again I do exist.  And my other family tends to stick to Atlantis.  Other than when we're not.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

No comment.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

I would imagine they would be proud of me.  At least I hope so.  No-not that I care about making them proud.  

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship
with them.

We do not have time to list of all the possibilities.  It is safe to say I have a big family.  As far as Iam concerned my cousins are the only siblings I need.

What was your birth order in the family?

To keep it simple I will simply say it went Theseus, myself, and then Telemachus.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they
do?

Tethis undergoes lessons for her eventual ascension to queen..  Telemachus is far too interested in the arts.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Yes.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Hate is a strong word.  I do not deny the possibility.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or
arch-rival)?

Thetis, I would like to think we're as close or closer than sisters.  She always talks about the surface-world and getting to experience first hand what her life was like when she lived up here is important to me.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I shall leave that for others to decide.  I think the general public might feel I stick out a little.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has
affected your life.

I have plenty whose stories get passed around through word of mouth.  It sets a precedent which I hope to surpass one day.  A goal to strive for.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

What?!  

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your
opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I have not thought about it.  Possibly, if someone of strong enough character.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

...Strong.  Physical might means nothing in a suitor, I have that in spades.  A strong warrior's heart.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to
them.

Giang Trang, Mali, Cerys.  They were my seniors during my studies on the surface.  We engaged in adventure against fearsome adversaries.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Giang Trang.  She was my rommate in Claremont.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My family.  Though they should really be worrying about the kidnappers.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I had a mechanical hippocampi that was killed by a raider.  I broke the raider's bones.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Vengeful and loving members of my divine family.  Barbarians, raiders, and the like.  Deep Ones.  I have gone through angering my fair share of creatures you could not imagine up here.  A lot of beings could wish me harm.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

....Poorly?

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I really liked that hippocampus.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Atlantis, The Sea itself, All of you other people.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Thetis. 

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I am not fond of Devil-Ray or Deep Ones.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Strength.  It does not just have to be physical strength mind you.  Everyone assumes I have no appreciation for the subtler strengths.  But I do!  And yes I would like to think I do.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Those that have it in them to bully others completely disgust me.  Strength should be used to protect the weak, not to take advantage of others.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

No.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I do not see why I would not.  But do not know.  Is not everyone a little of both?

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Not on one.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

Um, I do not know how to answer this.  No?  I try to take in an eclectic approach to my spirituality, but my faith lies within the Dodekatheon.  But, I do not think it makes me a member of a specific church.  Atlantean culture does not use political parties but I am part of the royal family.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My relatives are the heroes I aspire to be.  There is also the woman named Wander

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No,  I set the bar properly in who I aspire to.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

The fighting is most enjoyabe.  Oh rewarding, I enjoy the feeling I get after I help someone. I do not know how to explain it.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Dying?

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Not breaking any public buildings.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'd like to be a full fledged hero that my people could be proud of.  Defending the Seas from all whom wish to bring it harm.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I am kind of afraid of flying.  I live below sea level.  The idea it feels unnatural. 

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Someone in need.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you
miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Well there is certainly no lack of gold or the like in the palace.  Material wealth is simply a means to an end, it does not matter to me one way or the other.  Atlanteans prefer to barter in trade, but gold does exist.  I do accept my perspective comes from one who has all her needs taken care of.  

How do you generally treat others?

I treat everyone with the same modicum of respect unless they have wronged me.  Once that respect is severed they have made an enemy most dire.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes, and yes.  I do not care much for betrayal though.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of
self-confidence?

Extroverted.  It is not overconfidence if you can prove the claim.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Looks are not a basis for any preferential treatment whatsoever.  They fade.  Any discussion about potential mates should be centered around the feats they have committed as a warrior.  And since when does one have a preferred sex?

What are your most annoying habits?

I have been told I might be a tad too prideful.  Just a tad, I estimate.  I also boast more than some people are used to up in the surface.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

I try to be accepting of everyone.  Within reason. Deep Ones are offshoots of the most contemptuous serpent people that plagued this world.  

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time
to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I enjoy dry eating, it is a luxury in Atlantis.  I wish to intake proteins over any specific food dish.  If alone I can just devour my food, but in public I have to slow myself down.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Water.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I do not eat sweets usually.  Bitter coffee has a certain allure..

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I dislike sweets.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like blue, red, oh gold on armor.  Not a fan of purple.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I enjoy classical music, this rock music is far too angry.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Do you know the smell of salt-water?  That fresh breath of air of the wind by the beach tickling against you.  Oh that is a good one.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Equines of all sorts.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I have an ornate dagger back home.  It was my first trinket from a victory.  It is missing half the handle as I gave it up as an offering to the gods.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Roughing it does provide more comforts than living it up lavishly.  But, I could likely not fare well outside of Atlantean city life.  The open sea is quite rough.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How
important is it to you?

Difficult question.  In more ways than one.  I have faith in powers beyond my full understanding.  I take in knowledge from other cultural beliefs to help center and grow my own spirituality.  But being related to those I put my faith in creates an arduous conundrum to me.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My family?

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the
beliefs of your organization?

Nothing to attend, it is not that sort of worship.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I could, anyone could.  In war and outside it.  But I certainly have not taken a life.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

My land is no stranger to war.  Hesitation when no other option is available is a weakness that only leads to death.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I f all other options are completely exhausted.  During the midst of a war so that your comrades are not killed.  There are no specific situations that come to mind.  But they do exist.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

Do not let my earlier statements fool you.  Even if entirely necessary, there is a price to be paid for murder of any sort.  Not that all killing is murder.  But even my friends and family must pay the price if they dishonor themselves by killing in cold blood.  I do, however, come from a far different culture than yours.  I do accept that sometimes killing is necessary.  But it is not my place to judge the perspective heroes on the surface adhere to.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

With violence.  Lots and lots of violence. 

How would you react to public humiliation?

Hm...violence?

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I do not ever want to think about that.  I might fall apart, I might go on a rampage to get revenge.  I will not kill for something petty like revenge.  But that is a whole lot of grief to focus on those who decided to anger me so much.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murdering an innocent is as bad as it gets.  One must live with the knowledge that it is an unrepentable crime as people do not come back from dying.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Maybe a quick visit to the palace.  I would not do anything special other than that.  Even the day I die is not any different than the day before it.  Still, I would like to die in a blaze of glory.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I was trained by the Atlantean military since early in my youth.  With personalized lessons from the head of the palace guard and the queen herself.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Queen Ariallis.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Well, I can shrug off things that would normally put out other Atlanteans from a fight as long as I have my connection to the water active. 

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Student, princess, demigoddess.  Who has time to work?

What is your preferred combat style?

I hit things really hard.  It is a lot more complicated than it sounds.  I am most confident in carrying myself with any weapon placed in my hands.  But all I really need are my hands and feet..  Having to decided exactly how much strength to use on each opponent so as to not hurt them too much is no easy task, it is counter intuitive to the process so every move I make has some air of hesitation to it.  On the surface I learned minimals level of pankration

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

They call me Glamazon.  That is an honor if that is what you mean?

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I could use some self control.  Maybe.  You would think I would be able to move the sea with my mind.  Or emotions or something.  But it seems that is not my blessing.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Avarice is a waste of an emotion and one should not spend time wanting what they do not have.  As long as I put my mind to it anything I lack simply becomes that which I have yet to achieve.  Besides it would be most unpleasant if I was looked down upon just because of my own talents.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Put on some stuffy clothes, listen to a series of lectures, study, train, attend a formal dinner, sneak out and have some fun.  In no particular order.  It is like a breath of fresh air to change from my routine.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I sing.  Sometimes.  My grandmother was a singer.

What do you do for fun?

Listen to music, read up on old legends.  Run off and do something reckless.   .

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

So right now it basically looks like a red dress styled to look like a toga meshed in with some pieces of Atlantean armor.  I think it looks cool.  Someone said it is very sword and sorcery chic. I still do not know what that means.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I like loose clothing that allows my muscles to be accentuated.  I have very good arms and feel like showing them off.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Nothing..

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

I do not usually wear any jewelry.  They break easily and I am usually the one at fault.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

In the royal family's vault.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Can I be the first to say that I loathe your transportation systems?  Killing off the environment just to avoid exercise   But if I must use something of yours to get around mass transit systems are convenient.  Unless I can swim to where I want to go.  I can move quicker than your transportation in general.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

None whatsoever.  I am sure my arrangements will be covered by someone.  Hopefully tales will be sung of my deeds.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Whatever torrential disasters follow afterwards.  That was a joke.  If I have blood left in my veins, it is slightly golden in hue.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

If I died a warrior's death it would be no greater honor to be remembered as such. 

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

I have destroyed Atlantean architecture before.  Which is created to withstand more force than your flimsy residences.  So, if I am not watching my strength, the results could be catstrophic.  As much as I hate to admit it, I do let my emotions get the best of me. 

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I do not understand the meaning of the word defeat.  Until my last breath is taken from me, I will continue to push forward.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Acting before thinking.  My emotions.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You're 16.  Relax a little, enjoy life.  You're way too young to take yourself so seriously.

20Q (Redone)

The Atlantean chain of command may have started with the monarchy but it didn't end with it.  Much like Ancient Roman kingdom the monarchy deferred some power to a thirty person elected magistrate.  A fact that allowed the government to survive while the Sea King was gallivanting in the surface world back in the 70s.  Five members of the magistrate served as praetors, commanders of the military second only to the king in their military jurisdiction.  The praetors were personally in charge of making sure not only every soldier in Atlantis was well trained, but they handled the training of the royal youths.  Youths like princess Thaelia.  

Praetor Nilikor, the praetor who had personally trained Thaelia in all manner of self-defense (after the queen and the captain of the palace guard), was now preparing her for her most dangerous bout yet.  Rising to the surface world.  "Your highness, why did you even agree to attend school on the surface?  Surely the king would have taken your opinion under consideration had you requested to stay."

Thaelia huffed.  The question her was imply a ludicrous notion to her mind.  "The king's arrangements have not thrust familial obligation upon my hands.  I wish to educate myself much as princess Thetis did.  It is not complicated. There was never any question of wishing to say otherise."

The praetor would begin pacing back and forth.  Nilikor was used to dealing with the princess' difficult requests.  Her naivete let worry simmer below the surface.   "Very well, what is your opinion of the surface dwellers?  The humans will wind you no friends with the common populace.  Furthermore, what considerations have you taken forth knowing you're going to be living with them for so long?  Your life is a sheltered existence, even for a warrior's"

Raising her head the girl would look at Nilikor contemplatively before answering.  "I do not think about humanity often.  My priority will always be to the Atlanteans first and foremost, but our surface cousins are not so removed from Atlantis we should remain isolated.  To answer the other question. I have had to practice holding back my strength with crab shells.  In ten shells only three crumble!"

Admittedly, her nonchalant honesty in that there was a chance a handshake, hug, or pat on the back could lead to broken bones terrified him a little. Humans were fragile.  But, their ability to raise a fuss was large.  "Perhaps hold of on any greetings invlving contact"  Nilikor continued.  "Assuming you received all the briefings on what is an appropriate purchase choices for a diplomat what will you be spending your money on?"

"I have a weekly stipend comparable to what I am told human youths refer to as an 'allowance'.  Purchases shall not become a recurring issue.  exchanging our coin for surace currency is not an expedient process."

"They do not call it surface coin.  A lack of have universal monetary system for above the sea."

"Why?"

Nilikor didn't even consider the question.  Hoping to take advantage of the lighter mood from her confusion he would advance to a line of questioning that the lecture had been fueled by in the first place.  "I trust this goes without saying.  But you are aware that due to your status for international relations you can't carry on as you always have.  Running off for some adventure in heroics when no one is watching.  Right?"

"Hm, I do not care.  If there is a person in need, a princess of Atlantis will be there to aid them."

And there was that infuriating streak once again.  The man could feel the years being shaved off his life after every conversation with her.  "Your highness, can you please contain yourself in the interest of fostering proper relations? Atlantis has a tumultuous situation with the rest of the UN.  And you could be part of the solution in bridging a gap."

"It is not who I am.  I learned a long time ago, that the only compass we need to get through life is their heart.  One would venture to say I had an instructor most excellent."

It was lip service.  But darned if she didn't know just the right lip service to warm to cockles of the old praetor's heart.  "Let us be truthful, you and I both know you enjoy getting the occasional spot of violence.  You practically have a death wish. Is this no just an excuse to go wild?"

"We are all to die some time.  You are, however, mistaken about my desires.  It is true that there's no greater rush than exchanging fists with a worthy opponent. I do not think things through far ahead enough to worry about what option is the most enjoyable or even the best available option.  I simply act in the moment."

The Praetor rubbed his temples.  Especially as he knew his next statement would be trying on their relationship.  But, her boundaries had to be pushed with someone who could handle her.  "I assumed you had at least some sense of loyalty to your family.  But I suppose I was wrong.  Then with whom does your loya-"

Thaelia didn't let the public relations expert finish his question.  The moment he even considered uttering the thought her patience was tried.  With a graceful bound through the water she would stretch her hands out and grasp the man by his throat.  Hoisting him up with ease she would glare right through him before speaking through clenched breath.  Noting that Nilikor could have freed himself at any time with ease.  "Teacher I respect you.  Truly i do.  Keep this in mind. If you ever accuse me of not being loyal again I shall personally eject you from this city.  Do not try me."

Upon being released from her death grip, Nilikor coughed.  The man had obviously pushed a button.  And if it wasn't for the fact that he was the consummate professional it would be a great time to leave things as they were.  But the praetor was prepared to push on.  "I apologize your highness, I didn't mean to imply anything.  This matter is what I am talking about.  You cannot just threaten people as such and make demands outside of your station.  What are you going to do if a petty crook insults you?"  Clearing his throat he'd continue, "And what will you do if they insult King Theseus or Atlanteans in general?  You cannott react like this any time you perceive an insult to your pride."

She blinked twice and without a second of hesitation would bow her head to apologize.  Her voice would boom throughout the room as she lost her bearings and forgot how quiet one had to be when speaking on the surface.   "I am sorry.  I lost my temper and acted in a manner most shameful.  I do not know how I will act in such situations.  I will earnestly seek to not use violence as my first resort for solving all my problems.  But I cannot shy away from it when the time comes either"

The praetor knew that her straight forwardness would be as present as always.  There wasn't any long period of reflection of what she did wrong.  As soon as Thaelia was confronted with the reality she conceded and asked for forgiveness.  "I know you know better.  Even in that mood you could not have hurt me nor did you attempt.  It was my fault things escalated.  In fact, before we take your belongings to be drawn to the surface.  Are there any special trinkets you wish to take with you?"

"Princess Thetis left me a necklace.  I shall need it retrieved from the Souther palace."

She never was much for jewelry.  Even her armored dress was worn and damaged.  I will make the arrangements.  Just let's wrap up this briefing first.  Alright as a foreign diplomat you are always at risk of being targeted for assassination or kidnapping.  Much like here without the Atlantean military to protect yu.  In the case of an attempt on your life or well being what will you do?"

Giving a deadpan expression Thaelia scratched the back of her head.  "Punch my way to safety."

A response that only served to flabbergast Nilikor.  Even if he couldn't argue with the simpleness.  "And what are your ambitions that you wish to strive to achieve on the surface?  Experiencing their world and learning is why you are going as you have stated.  But what do you wish to accomplish by being studying specifically in the surface that you cannot do by remaining in Atlantis?

"I will aim to act as a hero my people can be proud of.  Of course.  But I also wish to aid all those in need regardless of location.  Most importantly, I wish for the surface to think of Atlantis as a trusted ally once more.  History with attempts to take over the surface and Atlantean Barbarian raids have left us at odds that even the King and Princess Tethis heroism have done nothing to fully quell." 

Shaking his head, Nilikor would lock eyes Thaelia.  "Why are you always motivated by intending to prove yourself in some way to someone?  Including even proving yourself to yourself.  Your ambitions are always designed with some sort of recognition in mind."

"You were the one who said eyes were always upon me.  I only step with the gods wary hand in mind. Part of reality is accepting that regardless of what I do.  It would be a great honor to become a my to be passed arund for generations to come from parent to child." 

"Rumor speaks of your diluted Atlantean blood.  Any chance you are going to use the opportunity to learn more about your other half?"

Thaelia adamantly shook her head.  "I am completely Atlantean.  Tis true, that your priness is half-mortal.  Half-god.  But she is not lost in her definition.  I know who I am, I do no't need to find myself.  I like myself for who I am.  "

"I was there when your father presented you to the king.  Do you still wish to see him?"  Stopping for a moment he considered the PR nightmare it would be if she was holding any prejudices due to her familial relations.  "How do you feel about gods outside of your family? Scions of the gods are not so fared removed that the possibility of running into other demigods or gods is out of the question.."

"I do send my gods the occasional tribute.  But, have never personally attempted to summon Poseidon outside of my annual celebration.  One that he chooses not to attend despite the fact that it would let him circumvent the Pact.  I do not know a great girth about the faiths of others and personally am not affected in what someone else believes in.  But my accomplishments are my own.  I do not believe the blessings of gods alone carry us to survival in battle.  I am not defined by that part of myself, and nor do I expect any other children of gods to have the same line of thinking.  Everyone is free to their own opinions and beliefs, it does not affect any one else to feel differently."

"Speaking of battles.  Other than reckless destruction.  Is there anything we should be aware of that we need to tell Mr. Summers before your official enrollment?"

She wasn't actually sure what other considerations they could take at this point.  It wasn't as if safety briefings hadn't been shown plenty over the past month.  Atlantean heroes had operated in the city ever since Siren.  "I like to keep trophies of my victories as you are aware.  I cannot guarantee that these trophies will not be dangerous." 

"As long as you do not try to claim stolen currency or a giant robot for yourself there should not be much issue.  But those dorms are a bit more quaint than you are used to.  Do not overdo it for every little thing."  Despite her world view being as unique as it was.  Thaelia was still a teenage girl at the end of the day.  Somehow, Praetor couldn't help but wonder about the more mundane aspects of a girl who could probably bench press the transportation of most of her peers.  "One last thing.  What is your favorite school subject going into this?"

"Oh, I enjoyed my magical studies classes.  That should be fun to pick back up."

"I meant a subject like math or history..."  Nilikor stared at the girl fully aware that the Atlantean educational system may be a bit different than what Freedom City had in store.