"Okay...well, I guess that makes sense," said Sharl a little unhappily. "I mean, you used the tools that you had, and putting me in...in a new body is all right." He looked down at his hands and flexed them, watching the muscles move under his pale skin. "I mean, it could be a lot worse, right?" He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, measuring his lungs. "All a person really is what's inside their mind, so having a new body isn't that weird. It's just like you transplanted my everything." He shrugged a little, then added, "Well, if I'm stuck in this system, I guess I should call people and let them know I'm okay." He smiled thinly. "And maybe watch the news and catch up on what happened for ten days." 

"This diagnostic's only  got about ten minutes left to run," Gina offered, knuckling her eyes like an exhausted child. "If you can hold your horses that long, and everything checks out, I can send you over to their holo system. It's about eleven in the morning now, so people ought to be around. Though you will have a lot of catching up to do. I'd ask Kimber," she advised dryly. "She seems to really want to talk about it." 

Sharl waited impatiently through his diagnostics, getting up and pacing whenever he needed to respond to one of Gina's questions, but obviously trying to do his duty anyway. He was a little surprised, when he was done and talking to Gina, to realize that Gina's boyfriend Steve was there too, or, rather, that he was somewhere in the basement where Gina was working from the conversation they were having! He trusted that Gina wouldn't have let anyone see his private information, which only left the rather unsettling thought of just how long Steve had been over at Gina's place! Maybe they'd had a lot of catching up to do, if Steve really had been a robot replicant for so long...

"I'll message you if I have any problems," Sharl assured Gina as he headed for the 'doorway' that would take him to Claremont's familiar holo-systems. He smiled, though she could tell he didn't entirely mean it. "Everything will be okay." He paused at the door, and turned back to her avatar and said, "It sounds like it's been really rough, Gina. I'm sorry I wasn't around to help, but I'm glad you could help me. I've always liked you best. Thanks."

And with that, as the automatic sliding doors on the wall hissed their way open, Sharl stepped forward into the Claremont system!