Shop Talk (IC)

Semi-Autogyro

She nodded. "I chose the chakram because they're very versatile. I don't need to be able to kill, I need to be able to drop foes.  I can sneak, I'm agile. I hit really hard and I can feint well. I really just need to get more tactical knowledge, and learn how to read my environment better, you know? I see some people and they can just read the whole area, get an idea for tactics instantly. I've got to learn how to do that. Just punching people isn't going to keep me alive out there forever. I need to learn to adapt. I appreciate the offer. I mostly need to learn to read an area better. I think that's what you can help me with."

John nodded. "Well, I do not read a situation as a whole. I typically break individual things down. For example." He did a quick scan of the room. "There are twenty-three feasible improvised weapons that I could respond with if you suddenly attacked me. Four exits, not counting the ability to make my own." He looked back to Mali. "I can control the battlefield by activating the fire alarms, disabling the lights, or use those screws and nails on the shelf behind me as impromptu caltrops."

He stood. "But you have to realize, that thinking that way has been permanently ingrained upon me. I was forcibly made to think in this manner. I can teach you a little yes, but there are aspects to my training that I cannot and will not share." John shot Mali a sad grin. "Not that it has ever stopped Morgan from trying."