Break The Ice (IC)

Russoboo

"And that's the last you heard from them? Definitely doesn't sound good..." Darren rubbed his chin with his thumb as he slid in a slow backwards circle. He flexed his other hand open and closed - little flecks of crystal twinkled and faded in rhythm. "I want you to show me, but here probably, like, isn't the right place for that."

"Have you asked anyone at Claremont? About the memory thing, I mean. I obviously don't know too much about how telepathy works, but, like, another psychic might be able to poke around and fix it, right? Teacher or student, doesn't matter. Or maybe someone like Morgan can give you a magic reboot." He angled his feet and his skating slowed to a stop. "I'm a little surprised you can't do it yourself, actually. Does pointing telepathy at yourself make, like, a feedback loop or something?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just said nothing at that point, and for several minutes he moved along with him, it was clear he was working out something there, trying to find the right phrasing or something.  This was... deep end type stuff that Darren was broaching.  "I am learning a bit from a former student.  And through my own exploration.  However, there are rules.  And lines that people do not want to cross.  Understandably so.  I don't need to scan myself, I can... access all points in my memory, it can just take a little while.  Well almost all points, like I said, I think things were done."  

"Yeah, I guess there would be. Rules, that is. Claremont's pretty big on them, but, like, sometimes you just gotta play outside the lines." Darren stopped to consider what he'd said, then frowned. "Not for, like, a bad reason, but I'd say 'someone altered my memories' should be a compelling reason to make an exception, right? Well, whatever, if they won't help, I'm sure you'll figure something out. You're a smart guy."

He rolled his shoulders. "I feel kinda useless right now. Like, I find out you've got a little programmed amnesia and there's nothing I can do about it. Except, like..." Darren hummed and folded his arms together. "I'm not exactly a model Claremont student, but I might be able to call in some favors if you find something specific you need."

He lifted his hand and pressed his forefinger and middle finger against his temple.  "Do you honestly want what is in here inside your mind?"  Turning his head and looked at Darren then.  "I... know what it is like to touch to... change.  It is not something I like doing, unless my father's memories are crawling through my mind again...  It is fine, I am learning in a manner that will help me with my abilities."

Elias left parts out, because... well they needed to be left out, as Darren would probably fret over them more than he felt he needed to.  Looking back to the other boy.  "I am not exactly a model student either, in all honesty."