Burning the Midnight Financial Reports from the the SEHK

TheAbsurdist

He sighed a little as he looked at her.  "If you accept working with Ana I recommend using it for long term parking though.  It will be cheaper, and we have better then adequate security." Offering a small smile then, and nodding a little as she spoke about his type comment.

"You are how old Megan?  You have generally dated men in roughly your age bracket, correct?  Have any of them been race car drivers?"  His smile was a little crooked as he looked at her.  "This has nothing to do with your father, This has everything to do with being a guy who was 20 once and had a Ferrari.  It is not a particularly intelligent breed of men that lot."  Flashing a bigger grin then and he laughed, a little bit self-deprecatingly.  "I am not the best financial guy in the room, but then I do not really have to be, I know enough to not be a fool.  And more important, I know people.  I know them pretty well.  Despite what Ana will tell you, or any of your business teachers, studying how people behave is as important as modelling economic trends.  Probably moreso."

"But you are still invited and if you want to bring a guest, please do so, even if I can't make it out.  I do not get to drive them enough as it is."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megan gave a little smile as Amir asked a bit about her dating (though she figured he was likely not really expecting an answer to those questions).  "Well, actually, I do know Duncan Maguire, the NASCAR driver.  Met him at the Millennium my Senior year at North Bay."  The blonde young woman replied.

"But yes I have generally dated men around my own age bracket, though starting that Senior year in high school, I started focusing on the older end of that bracket by dating college guys.  And beyond dating foolish, young, rich guys with fancy cars," she gave Amir a teasing smile, "I have also dated plenty of very smart young men, some of whom were lucky when they could borrow their mom's car."

She then paused a moment, becoming a bit more serious.  "But I appreciate the advice about studying people.  I am sure you will not find it too surprising to hear that my mom tried to impart that idea to me when I was young.  But I am sure I still have more to learn on that subject."

He nodded a bit, smiling at her response to him.  "Know him, but you did not say dated.  I know a lot of people, does not mean I necessarily friendly with them."  He fished his phone out and set it down on the table, one of the standard phones without cameras that Summit provided.  She had one as well.  It was sold primarily to financial institutions, and was meant to meet their security needs.

"There is a reason the contact entries on this has notes on it.  Old habit of mine I have kept since high school, keeping a rolodex with a few bits of information on them.  I talk to someone enough to have them in my phone, I put at least three data points next to them."  And then he scooped it back up and started tapping away.  "Considering that we are looking into investing -and when I saw investing we are looking to have it rolled out within six months- in a downtown wide wireless network."

He blinked a bit, and flashed her another grin. "Well the U.N. is fine with you.  I just have to wait for the D.O.D., and the State Department now."

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes, both mom and dad have long grilled into us the importance of networking." Megan replied with a small smile as Amir mentioned his old habit of keeping information on people he met. "It tends to help that I like meeting people and socializing. But then, who knows, maybe I wouldn't so much if my parents had not stressed networking and the like."

When Amir mentioned that the U.N. had cleared her for security reasons, Megan gave a small smile. "Well that's good to hear, though, if your waiting on our government for final approval, you likely won't hear back until the last week of my internship"

Edited by Thevshi
  • 3 weeks later...

He laughed a little and shrugged, "Yes I imagine they did.  The problem I run into is often times in the business world you replace numbers for faces, even if you are networking with people."  Amir avoided speaking about his parents in general terms, but then it was a matter of propriety, he knew her family, she did not know his, other than who they were on a professional level.  

"Well I am still waiting on the E.U., and the A.U.  Though honestly we are primarily involved in APAC and the Americas,  EMEA is still something Al-Misri Holdings has, and I am doing fine without a concerted effort there."  A pause as he glanced to the ceiling, "So far.... But, I expect a response end of week in regards to your U.S. clearance.  But then I am in Langley and D.C. next week."  He still looked at the ceiling for a few moments before speaking again.

"Five years, where are you at?"