Legionnaire: With Intro added! Post 5

nareik123

Another spear hurtled through the air, catching a Greek in the torso as Cassius pushed onwards over the hills streaked red with blood. His regiment of Cohorts steamed up the hill as well, blocking arrows with their shields as they tried but failed to catch up with their leader. All around him, Romans of the mighty Juili Family clambered over the dead, war cries in their throats as they pushed forward into the depths of what many a man would describe as hell with not fear, but utter and righteous anger. Spears darkened the day as the thickness of them blurred the sun. Bodies littered the hill like dust littered an unclean desk, and they threatened to slow the Romans down. Not Cassius.

He looked up. His mindless charge had taken him up the hill and he now spied the Greek commander in his cavalry squadron.

"For Rome" Cassius roared in Latin, as he pulled out his last throwing spear and threw it at the cavalry regiment. His strength was legendary, the spear acting almost like a ballista had fired it. No Greek armour could resist it, so the target of the spear was not only killed, but the spear skewered him and he flew into the rider behind him, ending his life as well. Only 14 riders remained, the General included. The cavalry unit, realizing that they were under attack too late, hurtled round in an arc to confront the Titan that was Cassius. He stood their, shield ready, Gladius drawn.

"In the Name of Caeser, Finish this!" Cassius roared, swinging his sword vertically downwards. His regiment finished clambering up the hill, their morale almost indestructible while Cassius remained. The Greek General looked in shock as the entire regiment of Cohorts threw spears. 10 of the 14 horsemen died from the deadly salve.

"Forth Romans, fight for your pride and honour" Cassius roared, inspiring his Regiment even further. They were well in front of the Roman army now. Cassius noticed the General had stopped fleeing and came round, his horse galloping as it rode towards him unceasingly.

"The General is mine" Cassius growled to the second in command of his Cohorts. He nodded, then turned. Cassius heard him barking orders to his regiment. He didn't care, the Greek was his.

The General rode forward, even has the rest of his unit fell to another salve from the throwing spears. Cassius was ready for him. With one hack, the horse he rode on was beheaded and the Greek came tumbling down. Cassius let him regain his balance and stand up. He readied himself, parrying a desperate blow with unerring ease. The Greek thrust and stabbed, but no attack succeeded. Cassius floored the General with kick to his feet and the Greek came tumbling down. Cassius waited for him to get back up, but what he received was far different. The Greek commander belied honour and thrust his spear into Cassius torso. The spear came out his back. The Cohorts stood shocked, some unwilling to believe this mongrel had defeated possibly the greatest Roman ever in existence, some angry at the Greeks lack of honour and some sad for Cassius' death. He defied them all. With a spear still embedded in him, Cassius grabbed the General by the throat, spat in his face and buried his Gladius into his torso.

Then something nobody could comprehend happened. On the spot Cassius threw the General, the ground started to swirl like a whirlpool. Lightning bolts of pure black energy stuck the spot, and Cassius felt a gushing wind. He tried to escape, but seething Dark tentacles spouted and grappled Cassius to the ground. He yelled in denial as he was dragged into the vortex, never to see his Cohort regiment for ever. The last thing Cassius saw was a black sky, devoid of any sun.

Cassius fell for what he thought was kilometers of space. There was no hand holds, no nothing for what he could see. He fell for what he thought was an hour when suddenly he landed with a rough slam into a strange substance. Indeed, Cassius was so heavy and hit the ground with such a force that the pavement he landed on was cracked in half. Cassius got up, screams filling his skull. He pushed himself to his knees, clutching his head with one hand. Where was he? That was the question burning in Cassius' mind. He stood up, as he heard a siren. He looked around, confused and dazed. However, he recognized men leaving some kind of chariot which didn't require any horses or drivers. He wanted to ask about this contraption.

"You are under arrest for trespassing and criminal damage in public property" The lead figure yelled, holding up a metal stick. Cassius had no idea what was going on when he felt a sharp pain in his back. He keeled over, as he plucked a dart out of his back.

"Cowards" roared Cassius as his vision blurred. The last thing he saw was the men run away in terror, and booming foot steps of something coming this way.

Cassius awoke in some kind of structure, in a well kept bedroom. He awoke to find iconography of an Eagle with two heads. He stood up, examining the room. It was a lot more furnished than his home, wherever that is.

"You like it? That is where I was from. Many a year in the future" A innocent female voice explained. Cassius instantly swung around to confront the impossible. There stood a figure who dwarfed him with her size and bulk, her extra height and bulk coming from a lavished suit of armour. She had parchment running from her midsection down to a couple of inches above the floor. Her armour had jagged edges at her knee plates and gauntlets. Her face radiated power and Holiness. She had neck length pearl white hair, and she had a Fleur-De-lyes burned below her right eye. She carried some kind of contraption on her right leg.

"I am Sister Valencia. I understand you are a lost warrior searching for a home that no longer exists. I extend you the offer of my place until you locate your home. I examined your weapons I located back at where I found you." At the mention of his weapons, Cassius had memories of him and his Cohorts. It all came flooding back. He knew he was dead, as this woman was beautiful beyond belief, also possessing a grace no world deserved.

"I died in battle" Cassius growled.

"Died? Oh no mighty warrior. I examined your wound as well and I am shocked by your physique. Not even the elite human infantry of the future have strength or toughness compared to you. Needless to say, you are wounded from a lucky strike. I have tended to your wounds, you should survive" Valencia informed, smiling. She snapped her fingers, and two handmaidens, cloaked in a red robe making them indistinguishable, walked forward, bearing not only Cassius' armour, sword and shield, but three throwing spears. He donned his armour and sheathed his sword in his belt mounted scabbard, before sliding his spears in their special holster built into his shield.

"What am I supposed to do, my Lady?" Cassius asked.

"Stop evil. I am here for counseling as well" Valencia beamed. Cassius nodded.

He wouldn't mourn his loss yet, for he didn't think he wouldn't see them again.

Another spear hurtled through the air, catching a Greek in the torso as Cassius pushed onwards over the hills streaked red with blood. His regiment of Cohorts steamed up the hill as well, blocking arrows with their shields as they tried but failed to catch up with their leader. All around him, Romans of the mighty Juili Family clambered over the dead, war cries in their throats as they pushed forward into the depths of what many a man would describe as hell with not fear, but utter and righteous anger. Spears darkened the day as the thickness of them blurred the sun. Bodies littered the hill like dust littered an unclean desk, and they threatened to slow the Romans down. Not Cassius.

He looked up. His mindless charge had taken him up the hill and he now spied the Greek commander in his cavalry squadron.

"For Rome" Cassius roared in Latin, as he pulled out his last throwing spear and threw it at the cavalry regiment. His strength was legendary, the spear acting almost like a ballista had fired it. No Greek armour could resist it, so the target of the spear was not only killed, but the spear skewered him and he flew into the rider behind him, ending his life as well. Only 14 riders remained, the General included. The cavalry unit, realizing that they were under attack too late, hurtled round in an arc to confront the Titan that was Cassius. He stood their, shield ready, Gladius drawn.

"In the Name of Caeser, Finish this!" Cassius roared, swinging his sword vertically downwards. His regiment finished clambering up the hill, their morale almost indestructible while Cassius remained. The Greek General looked in shock as the entire regiment of Cohorts threw spears. 10 of the 14 horsemen died from the deadly salve.

"Forth Romans, fight for your pride and honour" Cassius roared, inspiring his Regiment even further. They were well in front of the Roman army now. Cassius noticed the General had stopped fleeing and came round, his horse galloping as it rode towards him unceasingly.

"The General is mine" Cassius growled to the second in command of his Cohorts. He nodded, then turned. Cassius heard him barking orders to his regiment. He didn't care, the Greek was his.

The General rode forward, even has the rest of his unit fell to another salve from the throwing spears. Cassius was ready for him. With one hack, the horse he rode on was beheaded and the Greek came tumbling down. Cassius let him regain his balance and stand up. He readied himself, parrying a desperate blow with unerring ease. The Greek thrust and stabbed, but no attack succeeded. Cassius floored the General with kick to his feet and the Greek came tumbling down. Cassius waited for him to get back up, but what he received was far different. The Greek commander belied honour and thrust his spear into Cassius torso. The spear came out his back. The Cohorts stood shocked, some unwilling to believe this mongrel had defeated possibly the greatest Roman ever in existence, some angry at the Greeks lack of honour and some sad for Cassius' death. He defied them all. With a spear still embedded in him, Cassius grabbed the General by the throat, spat in his face and buried his Gladius into his torso.

Then something nobody could comprehend happened. On the spot Cassius threw the General, the ground started to swirl like a whirlpool. Lightning bolts of pure black energy stuck the spot, and Cassius felt a gushing wind. He tried to escape, but seething Dark tentacles spouted and grappled Cassius to the ground. He yelled in denial as he was dragged into the vortex, never to see his Cohort regiment for ever. The last thing Cassius saw was a black sky, devoid of any sun.

Cassius fell for what he thought was kilometers of space. There was no hand holds, no nothing for what he could see. He fell for what he thought was an hour when suddenly he landed with a rough slam into a strange substance. Indeed, Cassius was so heavy and hit the ground with such a force that the pavement he landed on was cracked in half. Cassius got up, screams filling his skull. He pushed himself to his knees, clutching his head with one hand. Where was he? That was the question burning in Cassius' mind. He stood up, as he heard a siren. He looked around, confused and dazed. However, he recognized men leaving some kind of chariot which didn't require any horses or drivers. He wanted to ask about this contraption.

"You are under arrest for trespassing and criminal damage in public property" The lead figure yelled, holding up a metal stick. Cassius had no idea what was going on when he felt a sharp pain in his back. He keeled over, as he plucked a dart out of his back.

"Cowards" roared Cassius as his vision blurred. The last thing he saw was the men run away in terror, and booming foot steps of something coming this way.

Cassius awoke in some kind of structure, in a well kept bedroom. He awoke to find iconography of an Eagle with two heads. He stood up, examining the room. It was a lot more furnished than his home, wherever that is.

"You like it? That is where I was from. Many a year in the future" A innocent female voice explained. Cassius instantly swung around to confront the impossible. There stood a figure who dwarfed him with her size and bulk, her extra height and bulk coming from a lavished suit of armour. She had parchment running from her midsection down to a couple of inches above the floor. Her armour had jagged edges at her knee plates and gauntlets. Her face radiated power and Holiness. She had neck length pearl white hair, and she had a Fleur-De-lyes burned below her right eye. She carried some kind of contraption on her right leg.

"I am Sister Valencia. I understand you are a lost warrior searching for a home that no longer exists. I extend you the offer of my place until you locate your home. I examined your weapons I located back at where I found you." At the mention of his weapons, Cassius had memories of him and his Cohorts. It all came flooding back. He knew he was dead, as this woman was beautiful beyond belief, also possessing a grace no world deserved.

"I died in battle" Cassius growled.

"Died? Oh no mighty warrior. I examined your wound as well and I am shocked by your physique. Not even the elite human infantry of the future have strength or toughness compared to you. Needless to say, you are wounded from a lucky strike. I have tended to your wounds, you should survive" Valencia informed, smiling. She snapped her fingers, and two handmaidens, cloaked in a red robe making them indistinguishable, walked forward, bearing not only Cassius' armour, sword and shield, but three throwing spears. He donned his armour and sheathed his sword in his belt mounted scabbard, before sliding his spears in their special holster built into his shield.

"What am I supposed to do, my Lady?" Cassius asked.

"Stop evil. I am here for counseling as well" Valencia beamed. Cassius nodded.

He wouldn't mourn his loss yet, for he didn't think he wouldn't see them again.

Absolutely! Ok, let's work this out. What would you like:

Situation:

Standard - bank robbery, mugging, bar fight etc

Specific - someone is seeking the Legionnaire in particular

Enemy:

Standard - goons, mooks, burgulars in a group

Powered - a single enemy or small group of enemies with powers

Mixture - goons headed by a powered leader

End result

Nothing - just looking to fight

Exposure - to the public, other heroes, villains etc

Reward - specific goal (return an object or defeat a nemesis)

From your first post, I'd be guessing a standard scenario with a mixture of opponents (A lower level PL leader surrounded by mooks) and for nothing to come of the fight. You can be as specific as you like with the scenario (ie: I want Legionnaire to stop a break-in at the museum with the fight moving to the section on ancient Rome), or I can just make one up.

Looking forward to it!

A) Thanks for taking on the challenge.

B) Sister Valencia is under attack! Legionnaire must fight his way to her. He finds an unbeliever trying to gain access to her room. No mere crooks could do this, The Tech Priest hood are doing it. Responsible for the creation of Kieran Kelly, they have completely wiped his humanity to assault the sisters home.

The enemies could be B) Elite Techno warriors.

The reward could be B) Legionnaire is granted Valencia's favour, something many a hero has aimed for.

Sounds great!

One (or two) more questions before we proceed:

Sister Valencia. She's a warrior? A hub for heroes from all time periods? Does she live in Freedom City? If so, where? If not, how does she send people there, and how will she contact Legionnaire once she is under attack?

Once these are answered we can work out the rest as we go! It's Tech Priest KOin' time! :D

Sister Valencia is essentially a portable chapel. She is a mentor of priests here in Freedom city. While she isn't a combatant, she does carry around a pistol with explosive bolts and knows how to use them. As for alerting Legionnaire, she fixed a tracking device into one of the throwing spears she gave him. She sends one of her handmaidens to alert him.

Ok, initial posts are up!

IC here, and OOC here.

Enjoy!

Since it looks like things may be headed this way (as seen in "A New Day, A New Way"), would you be adverse to Archeville tagging along?

I'm not adverse to this (and it can be accomodated with a little tweaking in the first post) It's completely up to you, N. :) Want a partner or want to fly solo on this one?