Red and Blue, water and fire

Thunder King

"I would imagine there are very few other schools that teach even some of the courses offered here." Giang replied with a small smile.

The Asian teen was quite a few moments as she thought about what else Mali had said before she spoke again. "I believe I understand the problems you had at your pervious school. But if things are different here, as you say, you are 'not a freak,' and you have friends and people that truly like you for who you are, then why are you still so concerned with what their reaction might be if they were to see your muscles while you swim?"

"I know it sounds silly, but...okay. I mean, lots of cool guys here, cute ones too. There's a whole attitude about what a woman is supposed to be that some of these guys have. There's nothing wrong with it, but guys...they get a bit skittish when you can bench press more than they can...or more than a lot of body builders can. I shouldn't be ashamed, but, it's a habit I picked up after a lot of mocking and teasing. Kind of hard to be proud of yourself when people make fun of you for it. Especially when you're only twelve or so." She shrugged.

"I have some growing to do."