Markus Eldritch (PL 10, 150 points)

Markus Eldritch

Power Level: 10 (150 power points)

Abilities (26 pp): STR 11(+0) DEX 15(+2) CON 12(+1) INT 14(+2) WIS 14(+2) CHA 20(+5)

Skills (19 pp): Bluff 6 (+11), Drive 10 (+12), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 12 (+14), Knowledge (Current Events) 8 (+10), Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+8), Notice 8 (+10), Pilot 10 (+12), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10)

Feats (16 pp): Accurate Attack, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 5, Favored Opponent (Magical Creatures), Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Takedown Attack

Powers (57 pp):

Basic M.A.G.E. Cadet Spells

Force Field 8 (Power Feats: Selective, Extras: Impervious)

Super-Movement (Trackless)

Super-Senses: (Magical Awareness; Accurate)

Device 5: Dual Spellcasterâ„¢ Pistols (easy to lose)

Blast 10 (Feats: Accurate, Homing, Affects Incorporal, Dimensional)

AP: Blast 8 (Area Burst)

Device 4: Magitechâ„¢ Handcuffs (easy to lose)

Snare 10 (Extras: Backlash, Transparent) Flaws: Range (touch) Limited: 1 Target

Device 2: M.A.G.E. Uniform (hard to lose)

Protection 5 (Feats: Subtle)

Dimensional Pocket 1 (Feats: Subtle)

Combat: Attack +7 Defense 15 (Flat-footed: 11) Initiative +6

Grapple: +7 (Attack - +7, Strength - +0,Size - +0)

Saves: Toughness +14 (Impervious 8); Fortitude +7; Reflex +5; Will +5

Lifting: 115 lb.

Equipment (23 points):

M.A.G.E. Standard Law Enforcement Vehicle [23 ep]

Strength 30, Speed 6, Defense 8, Toughness 12, Size: Large

Powers: Flight 6, Super-Movement (Dimensional)

Cost Summary:

Ability 26 + Skills 19 (75 Ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 57 + Combat 20 + Saves 12 = 150 / 150

Size: Medium

Markus Eldritch is a law enforcer from a magic-using dimension. He works for the organization M.A.G.E. (not clear on what that stands for, but I love acronyms) M.A.G.E. is group that enforces magical law and keeps creatures from their world (ever wonder where Bigfoot comes from?) out of our world. Markus' powers come from his training in the M.A.G.E. academy and the devices are his basic law enforcers gear. His vehicle is also standard, with flight and dimensional movement between his and our dimension. His uniform is like a police officers, but with a blue magicians cloak instead of a shirt.

Created With Mutagen! version 0.8.7a - beta

Edit: Fixed Temp. movement on spells and put the PP as an addition to my attack bonus.

Markus Eldritch

Power Level: 10 (150 power points)

Abilities (26 pp): STR 11(+0) DEX 15(+2) CON 12(+1) INT 14(+2) WIS 14(+2) CHA 20(+5)

Skills (19 pp): Bluff 6 (+11), Drive 10 (+12), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 12 (+14), Knowledge (Current Events) 8 (+10), Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+8), Notice 8 (+10), Pilot 10 (+12), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10)

Feats (16 pp): Accurate Attack, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 5, Favored Opponent (Magical Creatures), Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Takedown Attack

Powers (57 pp):

Basic M.A.G.E. Cadet Spells

Force Field 8 (Power Feats: Selective, Extras: Impervious)

Super-Movement (Trackless)

Super-Senses: (Magical Awareness; Accurate)

Device 5: Dual Spellcasterâ„¢ Pistols (easy to lose)

Blast 10 (Feats: Accurate, Homing, Affects Incorporal, Dimensional)

Device 4: Magitechâ„¢ Handcuffs (easy to lose)

Snare 10 (Extras: Backlash, Transparent) Flaws: Range (touch) Limited: 1 Target

Device 2: M.A.G.E. Uniform (hard to lose)

Protection 5 (Feats: Subtle)

Dimensional Pocket 1 (Feats: Subtle)

Combat: Attack +7 Defense 15 (Flat-footed: 11) Initiative +6

Grapple: +7 (Attack - +7, Strength - +0,Size - +0)

Saves: Toughness +14 (Impervious 8); Fortitude +7; Reflex +5; Will +5

Lifting: 115 lb.

Equipment (23 points):

M.A.G.E. Standard Law Enforcement Vehicle [23 ep]

Strength 30, Speed 6, Defense 8, Toughness 12, Size: Large

Powers: Flight 6, Super-Movement (Dimensional)

Cost Summary:

Ability 26 + Skills 19 (75 Ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 57 + Combat 20 + Saves 12 = 150 / 150

Size: Medium

Markus Eldritch is a law enforcer from a magic-using dimension. He works for the organization M.A.G.E. (not clear on what that stands for, but I love acronyms) M.A.G.E. is group that enforces magical law and keeps creatures from their world (ever wonder where Bigfoot comes from?) out of our world. Markus' powers come from his training in the M.A.G.E. academy and the devices are his basic law enforcers gear. His vehicle is also standard, with flight and dimensional movement between his and our dimension. His uniform is like a police officers, but with a blue magicians cloak instead of a shirt.

Created With Mutagen! version 0.8.7a - beta

Edit: Fixed Temp. movement on spells and put the PP as an addition to my attack bonus.

Hmm. Some of your math doesn't add up in your powers section, and you're currently over your pp cost as it is. I tried to go through to clean things up; they're mostly the same in flavor, but a little different in mechanics. Take a look at what I have below for your powers.

Spells:

Force Field 8 (Extra: Impervious; PF: Selective) (17 pp)

Super-Movement (Temporal Movement, Trackless) (4 pp)

Super Senses (Magical Awareness, Accurate) (3 pp)

Device 5 (easy-to-lose) (Dual Spellcaster Pistols) (15 pp)

Blast 10 (Accurate, Homing, Affects Incorporeal, Dimensional)

Device 4 (easy to lose) (Magitech Handcuffs) (12 pp)

Snare 10 (Extras: Backlash, Transparent; Flaw: Range (touch), Limited: Only One Target (-1))

Device 2 (hard to lose) (M.A.G.E. Uniform) (8 pp)

Protection 6 (Subtle); Dimensional Pocket 1 (Subtle)

This comes to a total of 59 pp, so I'm actually making the problem worse rather than better. When it comes to cutting out things, here are some suggestions:

1) You can take out Connected, Contacts, and Well-Informed, since you don't have any Gather Information or Diplomacy. While you can use them untrained, your +5 modifier isn't very high. I'd add these after you play some, so that you can roleplay out your growing network and increased social skills.

2) You have Improved Disarm 2, but I don't see any melee weapons you'd use with it (and it's not as effective from ranged). You could probably lose it and Weapon Bind.

3) Your math on your Toughness save doesn't take the Force Field into account. With Protection 6 from the suit and Force Field 8, you're already at your cap. You could remove the Defensive Roll 2.

That would save you 8 pp. If you need 1 more because you take my advice on the powers, you can lose a rank of 4 skills without hurting too much.

Hmm. Some of your math doesn't add up in your powers section, and you're currently over your pp cost as it is. I tried to go through to clean things up; they're mostly the same in flavor, but a little different in mechanics. Take a look at what I have below for your powers.

Spells:

Force Field 8 (Extra: Impervious; PF: Selective) (17 pp)

Super-Movement (Temporal Movement, Trackless) (4 pp)

Super Senses (Magical Awareness, Accurate) (3 pp)

Device 5 (easy-to-lose) (Dual Spellcaster Pistols) (15 pp)

Blast 10 (Accurate, Homing, Affects Incorporeal, Dimensional)

Device 4 (easy to lose) (Magitech Handcuffs) (12 pp)

Snare 10 (Extras: Backlash, Transparent; Flaw: Range (touch), Limited: Only One Target (-1))

Device 2 (hard to lose) (M.A.G.E. Uniform) (8 pp)

Protection 6 (Subtle); Dimensional Pocket 1 (Subtle)

This comes to a total of 59 pp, so I'm actually making the problem worse rather than better. When it comes to cutting out things, here are some suggestions:

1) You can take out Connected, Contacts, and Well-Informed, since you don't have any Gather Information or Diplomacy. While you can use them untrained, your +5 modifier isn't very high. I'd add these after you play some, so that you can roleplay out your growing network and increased social skills.

2) You have Improved Disarm 2, but I don't see any melee weapons you'd use with it (and it's not as effective from ranged). You could probably lose it and Weapon Bind.

3) Your math on your Toughness save doesn't take the Force Field into account. With Protection 6 from the suit and Force Field 8, you're already at your cap. You could remove the Defensive Roll 2.

That would save you 8 pp. If you need 1 more because you take my advice on the powers, you can lose a rank of 4 skills without hurting too much.

I count 75 skill ranks currently, and you have spent enough for 76. However, you also have spent 151 pp, so we still need to fix one. The easiest way to do that is to lower your Defense by 1 and add a second rank of Dodge Focus. It has no effect on your stats at this point in the game.

If you get that single point back, there's only one thing that I really want to discuss there: the Temporal Movement. What use do you intend to make of it? It's one of those powers that can lead to a lot of confusion and weirdness, so I'd like to hear about it before I approve your character.

I count 75 skill ranks currently, and you have spent enough for 76. However, you also have spent 151 pp, so we still need to fix one. The easiest way to do that is to lower your Defense by 1 and add a second rank of Dodge Focus. It has no effect on your stats at this point in the game.

If you get that single point back, there's only one thing that I really want to discuss there: the Temporal Movement. What use do you intend to make of it? It's one of those powers that can lead to a lot of confusion and weirdness, so I'd like to hear about it before I approve your character.

To clarify my use of Dimensional Movement in my builds, it was so that my character had a quick way out, an egress if necessary. It also gives my character (if used) a chance to report back to M.A.G.E. headquarters and gives me an opportunity to show what the organization is all about (ex: how it works, who's in charge) and give an insight as to what kind of people Markus is working for.

I think we understood the use of Dimensional Movement. I'm less concerned by that one, since it requires equipment to use, and equipment can be broken or removed much more easily than a Device, or a power. It's the Temporal Movement as part of your spells that I had asked about before. I'm sorry I wasn't looking at your sheet at the time when you and I were in the chat together.

I went through and re-checked the math, because something appeared a little funny there. I knew you couldn't have an odd number of pp spent on combat, because Attack and Defense both cost 2 pp.

I went through and counted everything on your sheet, updating the sections to match. Assuming I haven't messed up the math, you still have 2 pp available to spend, and one additional skill point that you could take. My advice would be to increase your non-Toughness saves, since they're a little low for a PL 10 character.

• 5 weeks later...