Just a Taste (IC)

Thevshi

"Part defensive reaction, partly my powers having a bit of a mind of their own," Siphon admitted, "I will admit, your super-speed has been interesting to use.  Last run-tastic power I absorbed wasn't even half as fast and actually left me feeling pretty pained."

The masked man looked around at the wrecked bikes and unconcious gang members, "Probably a good thing my instincts kicked in.  Horrible aim and your speed aside, that many against one just isn't fair."

Taking a minute to weigh how much trouble he might get in with Megan if she knew he was both running around the city beating up thugs and what he was about to ask.  "So, please, ease my guilt.  I know a pretty good coffee shop not far from here, can I buy you some caffeinated goodness to make up for whatever lingering effects may be affecting you?"

Velocity grinned as Siphon mentioned her superspeed being interesting to use and talked about his prior experience with a similar power. "Well, what can I say, like Rhianna once sang, 'I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine."  She paused a very brief moment, realizing that sounded awfully flirty.  "But, seriously, it is kind of good to hear you have not felt anything odd about using my power unlike your last experience.  If you did, then I might start to worry that there was something dangerous to myself about my powers."

When the other hero mentioned being glad he had been able to help out thanks to copying her power to make the fight more even, the speedster sort of shrugged slightly with a smile.  "Well, I appreciate the concern, but truthfully, I was dealing with groups of guys like this when I was still a teenager.  It was mainly their metahuman leader that was the threat."  She gestured to the unconscious leader.  "But as I said before, the longer this went on, the more chance some bystander could get hurt, and I am glad you were here to help either way."

Then Siphon offered to buy her a cup of coffee to make up for any after effects of his powers on her.  The offer caused the yellow clad speedster to pause briefly, as a number of thoughts ran through her head.  It had been rather fun to have someone along that had been able to keep up with her.  The fact that Siphon seemed rather cute and was certainly muscular did not hurt either.  Of course, the moment she had those thoughts, she felt guilty as she remembered the wonderful time she had had with Kyle over the weekend.  But it is only coffee.  She reminded herself.  No harm in that, right?

Of course, like many things, all these thoughts took place in a mere fraction of a second.  So to Siphon, there seemed almost no pause before Velocity gave a warm smile and replied, "well, I don't think I am feeling any lingering effects, but sure, some coffee or tea would be great.  Let's just wait for the police to arrive so we can be sure they get all these guys in custody first."