Divine Theft (OOC)

Ari

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC25 Sense-Motive roll: 14! She is fooled.

Now, this has gone on for a while, so Scuffles if you want you can just narrate knocking Rapids out, though if you'd prefer to beat her by rolls go right ahead. Both of you are going to be getting HPs soon, so don't be shy about re-rolling.

FRGARGH.

Sorry for the delay. DC26 save, which with a bonus of +4 she can't make, but let us see how Rapids does: 6.

She's down! Now then, for Nephilim to make his debut. Using the same sheet as I PM'd to you two, but for book-keeping purposes and ease of reference I'll stick it here.

Zeke's sheet:

Abilities: 12 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 0 = 40PP

Strength: 36/22 (+13/+6)

Dexterity: 18 (+4)

Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 16 (+3)

Wisdom: 18 (+4)

Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 16 + 18 = 34PP

Initiative: +12

Attack: +13 Melee, +8 Ranged

Grapple: +0

Defense: +13 (+9 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3/-13

Saving Throws: 11 + 6 + 12 = 29PP

Toughness: +13 (+3 Con, +10 Protection, +13/+0 Impervious)

Fortitude: +14 (+3 Con, +11)

Reflex: +10 (+4 Dex, +6)

Will: +16 (+4 Wis, +12)

Skills: 108R = 27PP

Acrobatics 16 (+20)

Bluff 10 (+10)

Diplomacy 10 (+10)

Intimidate +16 (+16)

Knowledge(Theology & Philosophy) 12 (+15)

Knowledge(Life Sciences) 18 (+21)

Sense Motive 16 (+20)

Notice 10 (+13)

Feats: 37PP

Accurate Attack

Acrobatic Bluff

All-Out Attack

Ambidexterity

Attack Focus(Melee) 5

Attractive 3

Blind-Fight

Defensive Attack

Distract(Intimidate)

Dodge Focus 4

Elusive Target

Environment Adaption(underwater)

Evasion 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Improved Pin

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Instant Up

Move-by-Action

Power Attack

Second Chance (mind control)

Sneak Attack

Startle

Uncanny Dodge (mental)

Powers: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Additional Limbs 4(10 exra limbs, tentacles)[4 PP]

Enhanced Strength 14[14 PP]

Elongation 5(100 ft. per Move Action; Feats: Indirect 3)[8 PP]

Flight 5(250MPH, 2,500-ft. per Move)[10 PP]

Immunity 9(life support)[9 PP]

Impervious Toughness 13[13 PP]

Protection 10(Power Feats: Subtle, Innate)[12 PP]

Super-Movement 1(Earth-Prime to Everworld)[2 PP]

Super-Senses 11(Accurate Acute Radius Ranged [10 ft.] Mental Sense, Detect Pseudonatural Extended 2 [100 ft.] Acute Analytical) [11 PP]

Super-Strength 10(Effective STR Maximium: 86; Feats: Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap)[23 PP]

Unknowable Mysteries 20(40PP Array; Power Feats: Alternate power 6)[46 PP]

Base Power: Damage 13(Extras: General Area Burst, Alternate Save(Will); Feats:

Reversible)[40 PP]

AP: Confuse 13(Extras: Linked(Nullify)[13 PP] + Nullify Mutant Powers 13(All at

once; Extras: Linked(Confuse))[26 PP] [13+26=39 PP]

AP: Corrosion 13(Extras: Area Burst; Flaws: Tiring; Feats Incurable)[40 PP]

AP: Dazzle 13(Mental Senses, Tactile Senses; Extras: Linked(Obscure); Feats: Subtle)[27 PP] + Obscure 5(Visual Senses; Extras: Independent; Feats: Progression 3(250 square ft. radius))[13 PP] 27+13= 40 PP

AP: Drain Will Save 10(Extras: Linked(Snare))[10PP] + Snare 10(Extras: Area

Burst, Linked(Drain))[30 PP] 10+30= 40 PP

AP: Emotion Control 13(Extras: Area Burst; Feats: Mind Blank)[40 PP]

AP: Healing 19(Extras: Resurrection; Flaws: Others Only; Feats: Persistent, Regrowth)[40 PP]

His initiative roll: 16. +1 Hero Point to both Warp and Glow.

So round 6 is

Glow: Bruise(x1), 2HP

Nephilim: Unharmed-GM

Warp: Unharmed, 1HP

EDIT: For when combat resumes. At present, it seems that you're out of rounds. Feel free to post a bit of casual conversation!

So I was thinking we could drag Marduk and Rapids outside ready to deliver them to the police and have Nephilim rock up out there? That way we can have fun being thrown at buildings and stuff. And Glow can throw cars at him. And there would be police and civilians in the area to possibly make life more difficult. 

Up to you of course Ari!  :v:

Hokay then! I had a feeling Warp might do that.. Let's see..

Move action: Acrobatic feint bluff thingy: 24. Which he'll probably beat, but if he doesn't, Set-up for Warp's next attack.

Standard action: Telekinetic punch: 18 Which I assume misses unless he's flat footed or something.

You know what's going to suck about this fight? Likely we're going to have a hard time even hitting him to find out we can't hurt him!

DC24 Sense Motive roll: 30. That fails, but as he's already Flat-Footed so that hits! It does nothing, naturally.

Nephilim takes a Full Action to Startle Glow. Intimidate: 19. Well then! DC19 Will or Intimidate save. EDIT AFTER BELOW: Sense Motive as well, apparently,  Apologies.

You're up Freely!

Edited by Arichamus

Like I said, feel free to reroll.

EDIT: DC27 Fortitude save: 30 so no Toughness lost. Fiating he makes the TOU save automatically. (+1 HP for Warp)

Round 7

Glow: Bruise(x1), 3HP
Nephilim: Unharmed-GM
Warp: Unharmed, 2HP

Glow is up.

Edited by Arichamus

So Glow's seen enough to work out that this guy is made out of something pretty tough. Which means that it's stunting time!

While Glow's built to be a PL9 at the moment she's also allowed to be PL10 so I assume I'm allowed to stunt something PL10-like?

If so:

Snare 11, feats: accurate 2 (24pp) fits in her array with 6pp to spare and she'd be rolling at +9  (5 normal attack + 4 from the accurate ranks).

Attack roll: 20 which I believe misses guys with crazy def.

Attack reroll: 13 which becomes 23 on a reroll and should just hit (and I think is a DC21 reflex save?)

Now.. descriptors would depend a little on the surroundings. Glow's going to be taking something and wrapping it around Nephi with her telekinesis.. first thought was a lightpost or two (I assume Freedom city makes those out of steel?), second thought was a police car being TK'd into pieces and wrapped around him on the fly.. I'm open to other suggestions.. perhaps all of the window frames from the building that we were just in torn out of their settings? Glass everywhere is probably the least of our concerns!

Also, Ari I think it's a little harsh for Nephi to take what's literally the best shot Warp can put out and imply that it's "measly power"... I mean, I'm fine with you fiating that he makes the save and all, he's supposed to be too tough for us, but that's a DC32 toughness save which an unshifted PL15 has to power attack to get without a crit. If he thinks that's pathetically weak then you have to call the whole Freedom league to chase him off. Warp being able to put out that kind of power should at least get a little respect out of him I reckon.

Ari I think that snare rules are a little different to that. The book says:

Targets can break out of a Snare using Strength or an effect that doesn't require freedom of movement (this may restrict the use of some powers and devices, for example). The Snare makes Toughness saves like an inanimate object with Toughness equal to it's rank.

So if I'm reading that right then Nephi would be able to force the snare to make a DC28 toughness save like an inanimate object and it would save at +11?