Back to the Present [AoO] [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I'm looking at you and your minions going up against the crowd of Foreshadow, Nanowire, Grimalkin, and Rant. Jack's PC will be sent after Icarus.

I think I had sent what the stats for the minions were. If I didn't, PM me for them.

Ah! I hadn't even seen that. I somehow checked it and never noticed o.O. Omg I loves them o.o I want one of my own *clings to shadow* Now to go off and find sexy pictures for them..

I think I'll look for pictures of that thing from Spirited Away, the cloaked shadow-thingie with the mask? I suppose its not allowed to post pictures of stuff like that? I suppose links would be good...or stuff..?

I'm ok with adding capabilities as long as they don't increase Bloodseeker to the next PL, and that they're fairly straight-forward. Adding an attack or a movement mode is one thing, but I don't want to have the character overhauled before the fight.

Avalon - PM me the changes that you'd like to make. I'm not making any promises, since complexity and power points aren't one-to-one. I'm assuming you can start the fight with your current sheet, so feel free to post the introduction and make the initiative rolls for you and your minions.

Jack of Tales - I was assuming that you were the one who was finding Icarus, who just avoided getting hit by a plane. You can have a rank of Flight - not enough to move very fast, but enough that you and your shadows can fly up to meet Icarus in the air together. Superheroes and supervillains all need some sort of Flight to make for really cool fight scenes.

I made these guys too well.

They have total concealment from Icarus, and that means that they are surprise attacking him. Icarus has Defense 10 against surprise attacks (thanks to a lack of Uncanny Dodge), so both attacks hit. Oh, and Impervious Toughness 6 would protect against Strike 5 or lower, so I have to roll against these ones.

...and I just barely make both saves.

My attack has no effect. I needed to do that once; now I know better than to try to punch a shadow.

Edit: I realized that the darkvision should have avoided the problem of the surprise attacks. I'll say that it wasn't engaged during the initial round and have it come into effect now.

Ok. Once you do that, the darkness around Icarus disappears as well. I didn't think you knew that he could see through it; I'd rather have a Notice check to determine that he wasn't just flailing blindly. If you would have removed the darkness anyway, then you don't have to roll.

Your virtual dice are hot, but so are mine: I save handily against all three attacks.

The save was successful. You're right; Icarus is one tough cookie, so Fortitude-based attacks aren't as effective against him.

It has more to do with how your AP is set up. You want your Darkness Control to be an Independent effect. While that means that it will shrink as time goes on, it also remains even if you switch to another AP.

Yea I wish I had realized when I made her that having anything outside the array means it's going to suck -_- that damn Deflect power is sitting there soaking up points I could use in the array! So is the drain since I don't think I made it right. I wanted soemthing to simulate that the tentacles slowly drain away life but I think as they are they only affect the first hit with snare.

Anyway:

Shadow 1: Move...and does nothing?

Shadow 2: Aid action to Kiera

Kiera: Strike: 17...and miss

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1606315/

If the grapple check succeeds, Icarus is throwing Poltergeist down towards the ground. Since we never really established how high we are, I'd say that if Icarus succeeds on the grapple check, she'd reach the ground, but not hit it hard enough to do damage. How does that sound to you?

Avalon, we also need an initiative from you to figure out when you're acting.