Time and Chance (OOC)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Velocity is going to try to put Bee-Keeper down (his obscure was for normal vision, and her goggles provide IR vision, so she can see him).

She is going to Power Attack, -4 attack, +4 damage.

She easily makes her Reflex check to weave between the bee swarm with a 30, taking no damage thanks to Evasion 2.

Her attack roll is a 20, just enough to hit him with his lowered defense from his All-Out Attack. He needs to make a DC 32 (15+17) toughness save.

As extra effort: surge is a free action that can be taken at any time, I will wait to see the results of that toughness save. If he is still standing, she will surge and hit him again.

Bee-Keeper III's Toughness Save +13 (+14 - 1 Bruise) vs. DC32: 1d20+13 → [19,13] = (32); Success!

Seriously. I don't know what it is with these dice, since Invisible Castle usually hates me. I'm assuming Velocity's gonna sock him again, so I'll go ahead and roll his next Toughness Save preemptively under the assumption she'll hit again.

Bee-Keeper III's Toughness Save +13 (+14 - 1 Bruise) vs. DC32: 1d20+13 → [17,13] = (30)

Well, of course Velocity misses with her second attack after surging with a 14.

She will move away from Bee Keeper, about a block away. Using a hero point to remove the fatigue from the surge.

Edit: Actually, I need to check a couple of things and might change what Velocity is doing at the end of her action. Will try to be back on after getting the kids to bed.

Okay, changing the last, Velocity is going to run about 1,200 feet down the street. After using a free action to send out the emergency call, she will use another free action to switch her superspeed array to insubsantial 4. At this distance, Bee Keeper has like a -120 to the Notice check to try to see anything different about her. He's going to have to get a lot closer :)

Still using a hero point to negate fatigue.

Move Action: Come out from behind the trees

Standard Action: Attempt to Bluff the Beekeeper into believing she is on his side

Contested Bluff DC is a 31 (Counting Attractive pursuant to a discussion in chat whether the robots would still respond to human traits like physical attraction. Since the robots were designed to mimic their doppelgangers as closely as possible while still doing their destructive thing, it seems likely, and other robots have been vulnerable to social attacks like demoralize.)

Fleur is currently at 3HP after Scratch Team and Arms and the Man. If her bluff should fail, she will spend an HP to surge and attack with snare.

I believe we are back at the top of the inititive now, for her action, Velocity will be holding, circling around the area where BK III stopped at about 400-500 feet away.

She will keep an eye on what is going on as best she can, with her goggle's Extended sight, she is only a -4 or -5 to a Notice check to visually look for a sign BK III is about to attack Fleur. She will take 20 on her Notice check to keep an eye on BK III (for a total of 29, before penalty). Normally taking 20 on a Notice check takes 1 minute, but she has Quickness 9, which specifically allows her to perform that action in 1000th the time, or .06 of a second, which should be more than enough to make that a free action.

Yes, I think Waffle got a 23, so even without Attractive, Fleur would beat him. He rolled that before posting Beekeeper being swayed by Fleur's persuasions. Now she's just trying to get him to actually relent to being pocketed.

And Thev is right, they are talking on a League channel. I wouldn't mind if the others were tuned in as well for whatever reason, but I think they may be too far away at this point to intervene except by radio communication?

Jubatus is Fatigued, Dazed, and Staggered. Thanks to his Regeneration, he gets his first CON check to recover from Staggered after 20 minutes (as opposed to the standard delay of 1 hour); the Dazed presumably goes away within a small number of rounds; the Fatigued requires a full hour before he gets a CON check.

I'm not sure how much game-time has passed since Fleur enflowered the BK3-bot, but it seems like a pretty good bet that Jube is still sprawled right where he landed when BK3 zapped him?