Time and Chance (OOC)

Jube's Reflex save (1d20+7=16)… is a miss. I think I'll burn a Hero Point to re-roll that, because honestly, whoever heard of a speedster who can't dodge between bullets and stuff? So the re-roll on the Reflex save (1d10+10+7=21) just barely squeaks by, but making a roll by 1 is still making a roll, and still allows Jube's Evasion feat to get in the way of his taking damage from the area-effect bee-blast.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay: We've got a massive cloud of bee-bots, plus bikers with excessively high-powered energy weapons. And neither of these facts is conducive to a peaceful end to this situation. Jube's going to grab one of the bee-bots out of the air and open it up, in hopes of finding out some way to exploit the thing to bring this mess to a relatively peaceful conclusion. I'm thinking Knowledge (Technology) would be an appropriate skill roll here?

So can I speak now? ;)

Well we're a little short on bikers at the moment, but yes we have bee's.

Well it would a Technology roll and your welcome to roll, but with Jubatus's time shifty thingie I'm happy for him to just spend the HP and do some kind of Nullify or some such.

PLus I don't won't to slow thing down to much and make AA mad :D .

I'll burn the Hero Point. The fluff is "After spending 45 seconds studying a bee-bot for an hour, Jube wires up every spare battery in his vest for a mini-EMP that neutralizes every bee-bot in the swarm"; the crunch is "Nullify with Area (Cloud)". This EMP may or may not affect Bee-Keeper 3.1 and/or the Bee-Keeper armor, depending on just how much of a robot he is, how good his shielding is, etc.

Statting out the move: Burn 1 HP for an Alternate Power off of "Enhanced STR" in the Timeshift Container. This gives me 14 pts to play with, and I'll sink all of them into Nullify (All Electronics), with the Flaw "Range", and Extra "Area (Burst)". With those modifiers, the Nullify ends up costing 2 pts/rank, so it's Nullify 7—which gives me a 35-ft radius; while this is decidedly smaller than the 100-ft-radius swarm of bee-bots, Jube can keep on doing the Nullify on his subsequent turns, so he can keep on taking 35-ft-radius bits our of the swarm. GM's choice whether this affects the Bee-Keeper armor and/or the robot-thing wearing said armor.

Gonna take my first bite of the swarm at its perimeter, specifically at a spot where I can see people getting eaten by bee-bots. If I can't see any swarm-victims, I'll just go to the closest spot on the swarm's perimeter. The Nullify attack roll (1d20+12=17)… seems a mite low. I will therefore burn Jube's last HP for a re-roll, because I really want to make sure I zap those friggin' bees! Thus, the Nullify attack re-roll (1d10+10+12=27), which suggests that Invisible Castle hates me, but at the same time should hopefully hit. If I've grokked Nullify, every electronic device within the radius of effect needs to make a Will save vs. DC 17 or get deactivated.

REVEEEEEEENGE!

Anyway, here we go...

Free Action: Maintain Bee-Keeper III's Alternate Power. It fades on his next turn. Anyone still in-range (with the exception of Bee-Keeper III and Quickstep) is caught in the Blast 10 effect.

Standard Action: Switching arrays to his Autofire Blast 14, targeting them both and using All-Out Attack (+4 Attack/-4 Defense) and Power Attack (+4 Damage/-4 Attack).

Bee-Keeper III's Autofire Blast Power Attack +14 vs. Jubatus: 1d20+14 → [16,14] = (30); If Hit, DC33 Toughness Save.

Bee-Keeper III's Autofire Blast Power Attack +14 vs. Silver Spider: 1d20+14 → [19,14] = (33); Critical! If Hit, DC39 Toughness Save.

Bee-Keeper's Defense is now at +10 instead of +14 due to All-Out Attack.

EDIT: Also, I'm so sorry, guys :(

EDIT 2: Derp. Can't move and target multiple things at the same time with Autofire. Removed the Move Action, since I think they're still in range of 140'. Guess Bee-Keeper'll have to remain a harder-to-hit target till' the next turn :(

The cyber-swarm being still active, Jube needs to roll 24 on his Reflex save. And… Reflex save (1d20+7=24) makes it exactly! Jube and his Evasion feat manage to avoid the bee-bots again!

As to the Autofire attack… hmm. That attack roll of 30 definitely hits. However, Jube does have a temporary Nullify (All Electronic Devices) 14 power. So I'll try Extra Effort: Surge, to give Jube an additional action, namely, use the Nullify to Counter that icky Blast. Yes, Jube is doing this without any Hero Points on tap, so he'll just eat the fatigue. Jube's Attack roll w/ Nullify (1d20+12=16)… isn't going to hit, even with BK3's Defense bonus being lowered to +10 by his All-Out Attack. Sigh. Time for a Toughness save; Jube's Toughness save vs. Autofire (1d20+10=19) means he's Staggered and Stunned. This, on top of the Fatigue from the Extra Effort. Kiss the kittycat goodbye…