Pale Moonlight (OOC)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Jay

Standard Action: Charge and grapple Kit. Blue Jay's melee attack roll, vs Kit's Def. Grapple (1d20+21=41) Oh, wow.

Grapple check. Bumping Blue Jay 4 PLs means that both her Str and Att should rise by 4, giving her a total of 8 more to her Grapple. Plus the crit, for a total of 13 more to her grapple. Blue Jay's grapple check, vs opposed. (1d20+33=52) Yikes.

Move Action: Toss her over the edge. AA, do I need to make an attack check for that?

Oi. Yeah, not even gonna bother rolling against that. ^^U

No, the way I've taken to doing improved rolls is just rolling a d10 instead of a d20, and adding an extra +10 on top of it, to spare the math that comes later. Since the only possible end results are between 11 and 20, I figured it'd make it easier to do it that way.

There is actually one issue with that. For attack rolls, you still need a natural 20, not a modified 20, so if you got a 10 rerolling an attack roll with 1d10, there'd still be the question of whether it's a crit. Just going forward.

Look, I'm sorry I didn't think Blue Jay would throw Kit off a roof, what do you want from me?

Whoa, whoa. I ain't blaming anyone. I chose for Sam to be unconscious, remember? I waived the roll when I still have an HP. Sam's Toughness isn't very good, but it's enough that she'd at least walk away on the reroll.

First, spending Warp's last hero point to get rid of that fatigue.

I think it'd be fair to say that Blue Jay is within seven hundred feet of Warp. So she's going to use her teleport with the turnabout feat to move up there, strike from point blank and retreat back to the ground. I'll power attack it by two to give Warp's hit a bit more punch. And . . .

Attack Roll: 1d20+15=35

Well I'll be damned.

Main melee DC is 22, +2 for power attack, +5 for crit, for a DC of 29.