Unreal Tournament!

nareik123

If you haven't read my reply to CollateralKids comment regarding SSBB, then it must be said. Unreal Tournament 2004 is my favourite PC games out there to date. It might be old compared to modern day games, but the pace of the fire fights is just insane. Tactical people and the like, who prefer to slowly walk up to cover, pop out and have a look, than resume their positions will have a hard time.

Nine times out of ten, its just a kill fest, but thats the point of the game. No storyline anybody would care about. Just big guns and a player who has Nerves of Titanium.

So I place this question, how about a Tournament between everybody in this Forum? I understand some people have "Not combat" characters, but perhaps we could just make PL 6 "Tournament" PCs that only function inside a Tournament.

Traps and the like included, it's just a way to see how badly you can abuse this system. :)

So, anybody liking this idea or am i insane?

If you haven't read my reply to CollateralKids comment regarding SSBB, then it must be said. Unreal Tournament 2004 is my favourite PC games out there to date. It might be old compared to modern day games, but the pace of the fire fights is just insane. Tactical people and the like, who prefer to slowly walk up to cover, pop out and have a look, than resume their positions will have a hard time.

Nine times out of ten, its just a kill fest, but thats the point of the game. No storyline anybody would care about. Just big guns and a player who has Nerves of Titanium.

So I place this question, how about a Tournament between everybody in this Forum? I understand some people have "Not combat" characters, but perhaps we could just make PL 6 "Tournament" PCs that only function inside a Tournament.

Traps and the like included, it's just a way to see how badly you can abuse this system. :)

So, anybody liking this idea or am i insane?

Like always, i was ambitious. So lets scale it down. The PCs form a team against 5 other teams their level. The tournament PC will be exclusive PC, a new PC but only eligible for the Contest to make things fair. It will be a league set up with different objectives. I will let player decisions influence my plans.

Like always, i was ambitious. So lets scale it down. The PCs form a team against 5 other teams their level. The tournament PC will be exclusive PC, a new PC but only eligible for the Contest to make things fair. It will be a league set up with different objectives. I will let player decisions influence my plans.

I play Unreal Tournement (the originial in Game of the Year Edition) as often as once a day, and I love it to pieces; I prefer it to UT 2003 (haven't played 2004) because it's bloodier and the bodies blow to chunks when you hit someone point blank with a flak cannon (possibly my favorite weapon).

I would be up for this in some way shape or form. In Aberrant they have the Xtreme Warfare Federation, with three circles (Silver, Black and Red) based on power levels, strength, speed, etc; we could have two divisions based on the two starting PL ranks, but maybe a few PL6-7s to take on a single PL10 (shrug).

If we do this, it might be a good idea to do it out of continuity, so we can have heroes fighting heroes and the like without all that silly 'explaining' to do. The Arena map could be used for this, or maybe something bigger?

I play Unreal Tournement (the originial in Game of the Year Edition) as often as once a day, and I love it to pieces; I prefer it to UT 2003 (haven't played 2004) because it's bloodier and the bodies blow to chunks when you hit someone point blank with a flak cannon (possibly my favorite weapon).

I would be up for this in some way shape or form. In Aberrant they have the Xtreme Warfare Federation, with three circles (Silver, Black and Red) based on power levels, strength, speed, etc; we could have two divisions based on the two starting PL ranks, but maybe a few PL6-7s to take on a single PL10 (shrug).

If we do this, it might be a good idea to do it out of continuity, so we can have heroes fighting heroes and the like without all that silly 'explaining' to do. The Arena map could be used for this, or maybe something bigger?

Heck, it can be done in continuity fairly easily -- see the JLU eps "The Cat and the Canary" and "Grudge Match".

That being said, if it is like what nareik describes -- no story, just running around killing each other (like in the UT game itself) -- I'll want absolutely no part of it, as I have never liked those type of games.

Heck, it can be done in continuity fairly easily -- see the JLU eps "The Cat and the Canary" and "Grudge Match".

That being said, if it is like what nareik describes -- no story, just running around killing each other (like in the UT game itself) -- I'll want absolutely no part of it, as I have never liked those type of games.