Catherine Kato - Street Wizard (PL7)

She has -2 trade offs for attack and defense bonus, balanced against +2 for save DC (basically how much damage she can do) and toughness save

CATHERINE KATO

Donut-loving Street Sorceress

"He's upstairs? Ah geez...I friggin' hate stairs..."

Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE

Size: Medium

Height: 5'3â€Â

Weight: 150 lbs

Hair: Bleached blonde

Eyes: Brown

Catherine is a short, stocky young woman with a pleasant smile. Most of her weight is in her thighs and hips, which she usually covers with a pair of dark cargo pants. Her style is generally casual, usually a geeky t-shirt and a zip-up hoodie. She's in somewhat better shape than she looks, but nevertheless she is somewhat overweight, and avoids anything that requires her to run, climb stairs, of do heavy lifting.

Taking some good advice in the chat, I've revised her stats a little:

POWER LEVEL

Power Level: 7

Power Points: 94

Unspent PPs: 4

Max Attack: 4

Max Defense: 4

Max Save DC: 8

Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES

STR: 8 (-1)

DEX: 9 (-1)

CON: 10 (+0)

INT: 18 (+4)

WIS: 18 (+4)

CHA: 12 (+1)

COMBAT

Attack 2 (Melee 2, Ranged 4) [Mystic Bolt 8 (Magic Energy)]

Defense 4 (2 flat-footed)

Initiative -1

SAVES

Toughness 8 (8 flat-footed)

Fortitude 10

Reflex 4

Will 10

SKILLS

Bluff (+1)

Climb (-1)

Concentration 9 (+13)

Diplomacy 4 (+5)

Disguise (+1)

Escape Artist (-1)

Gather Info 8 (+9)

Handle Animal (+1)

Intimidate 4 (+5)

Investigate 4 (+8)

Knowledge

-Arcane Lore 9 (+13)

-Streetwise 2 (+6)

-Theology/Philosophy 4 (+8)

Notice 3 (+7)

Search 4 (+8)

Sense Motive (+4)

Stealth (-1)

Survival (+4)

Swim (-1)

LANGUAGES

English, Japanese

FEATS

Contacts

Equipment (1)

Well-Informed

Ritualist

Attack Focus, Ranged (2)

POWERS

ARRAY[8] Blast

[a] Teleport

[a] Snare

DEVICE: Ring of Protection (3 ranks of device power, Hard to Lose)

Protection 8

Fort Save Bonus 7

Headquarters (Size: Tiny / Toughness: 10)

Features: Library, Laboratory, Living Space,Concealed, Security System

The total cost of this Headquarters is 5 equipment points. It's "townhouse" size...to be exact, it's a large loft apartment in a neighborhood that hasn't *quite* been gentrified yet. The concealment is for the lab/library areas; the apartment itself looks normal, but those areas are hidden.

BACKGROUND

Catherine Kato was born in Freedom City to working class parents. She was an avid reader as a child, devouring books voraciously. She had no real ambition, however, which hurt her when she reached college. She just wanted to learn for the sake of learning, and as graduation neared, she realized that she was poorly equipped for survival in the real world. A chance encounter changed everything. She happened upon a strange group of students all studying weird, foreign texts. The books were interesting, and spoke of unimaginable power. Catherine had found her way into a cult devoted to a moderately powerful wizard. Her mind was too strong for their brainwashing, however, and with some fast thinking, she managed to alert the police about the cult. The arrest itself went south, however, and Catherine would have been killed had she not managed to manifest one of the spells described in the books. She discovered that she had real power. Adrian Eldrich, rather than destroy the library of the evil wizard, decided to entrust the library to Catherine, and after only a few years of study, she has become an accomplished occult investigator and a somewhat competent wizard. She has made a decent living space out of the evil wizard's old loft/library.

PERSONALITY

Catherine is sarcastic, but in a good-humored way. She doesn't smoke, and rarely drinks; her vice is good food. She knows where to find the best chiliburger in town, and she eats there weekly. Her real weakness is donuts. She also spends a lot of time on the internet, but isn't much of a computer adept; she spends most of her time arguing on discussion forums and downloading videos. Since being entrusted with the library, however, she has become a lot more motivated. She has a moderately successful business as a private investigator and security consultant, generally working with eccentric clients concerned about magical threats. She even does the occasional 'patrol' around the city, though her patrol routes are suspiciously close to bus stops, diners, and donut shops.

THE CONCEPT:

Basically, a street level magician. Looking over the new Magic book for M&M, I was struck by how common the Constantine-clone has become, and this is my attempt to buck the trend. Yes, she's casually dressed, streetwise, and a little sarcastic. But she's far from cynical, doesn't smoke, and is highly unlikely to be boning anyone from the lower planes anytime soon.

Edited by Barnum to move the most current version of the sheet to the first post.

She has -2 trade offs for attack and defense bonus, balanced against +2 for save DC (basically how much damage she can do) and toughness save

CATHERINE KATO

Identity: Public ID

APPEARANCE

Size: Medium

Height: 5'3â€Â

Weight: 150 lbs

Hair: Bleached blonde

Eyes: Brown

Catherine is a short, stocky young woman with a pleasant smile. Most of her weight is in her thighs and hips, which she usually covers with a pair of dark cargo pants. Her style is generally casual, usually a geeky t-shirt and a zip-up hoodie. She's in somewhat better shape than she looks, but nevertheless she is somewhat overweight, and avoids anything that requires her to run, climb stairs, of do heavy lifting.

POWER LEVEL

Power Level: 7

Power Points: 94

Unspent PPs: 4

ABILITIES

COMBAT

Initiative -1

SAVES

Fortitude 10

Reflex 4

Will 10

SKILLS

Bluff (+1)

Climb (-1)

Concentration 9 (+13)

Diplomacy 4 (+5)

Disguise (+1)

Escape Artist (-1)

Gather Info 8 (+9)

Handle Animal (+1)

Intimidate 4 (+5)

Investigate 4 (+8)

Knowledge

-Arcane Lore 9 (+13)

-Streetwise 2 (+6)

Notice 3 (+7)

Search 4 (+8)

Sense Motive (+4)

Stealth (-1)

Survival (+4)

Swim (-1)

LANGUAGES

English, Japanese

FEATS

Contacts

Equipment (1)

Well-Informed

Ritualist

Attack Focus, Ranged (2)

POWERS

ARRAY[8] Blast

[a] Teleport

[a] Snare

Protection 8

Fort Save Bonus 7

The total cost of this Headquarters is 5 equipment points. It's "townhouse" size...to be exact, it's a large loft apartment in a neighborhood that hasn't *quite* been gentrified yet. The concealment is for the lab/library areas; the apartment itself looks normal, but those areas are hidden.

BACKGROUND

Catherine Kato was born in Freedom City to working class parents. She was an avid reader as a child, devouring books voraciously. She had no real ambition, however, which hurt her when she reached college. She just wanted to learn for the sake of learning, and as graduation neared, she realized that she was poorly equipped for survival in the real world. A chance encounter changed everything. She happened upon a strange group of students all studying weird, foreign texts. The books were interesting, and spoke of unimaginable power. Catherine had found her way into a cult devoted to a moderately powerful wizard. Her mind was too strong for their brainwashing, however, and with some fast thinking, she managed to alert the police about the cult. The arrest itself went south, however, and Catherine would have been killed had she not managed to manifest one of the spells described in the books. She discovered that she had real power. Adrian Eldrich, rather than destroy the library of the evil wizard, decided to entrust the library to Catherine, and after only a few years of study, she has become an accomplished occult investigator and a somewhat competent wizard. She has made a decent living space out of the evil wizard's old loft/library.

PERSONALITY

Catherine is sarcastic, but in a good-humored way. She doesn't smoke, and rarely drinks; her vice is good food. She knows where to find the best chiliburger in town, and she eats there weekly. Her real weakness is donuts. She also spends a lot of time on the internet, but isn't much of a computer adept; she spends most of her time arguing on discussion forums and downloading videos. Since being entrusted with the library, however, she has become a lot more motivated. She has a moderately successful business as a private investigator and security consultant, generally working with eccentric clients concerned about magical threats. She even does the occasional 'patrol' around the city, though her patrol routes are suspiciously close to bus stops, diners, and donut shops.

THE CONCEPT:

Basically, a street level magician. Looking over the new Magic book for M&M, I was struck by how common the Constantine-clone has become, and this is my attempt to buck the trend. Yes, she's casually dressed, streetwise, and a little sarcastic. But she's far from cynical, doesn't smoke, and is highly unlikely to be boning anyone from the lower planes anytime soon.

Edited by Barnum to move the most current version of the sheet to the first post.

Welcome to the site, spectrevk.

CATHERINE KATO

I love that! :D

We are running a little slow on character approval because it's the weekend. I hope to get to this today, but if not, tomorrow for sure. :D

Welcome to the site, spectrevk.

CATHERINE KATO

I love that! :D

We are running a little slow on character approval because it's the weekend. I hope to get to this today, but if not, tomorrow for sure. :D

Thanks...I didn't expect anything immediate on a sunday. Regarding any changes that might need to be made...I wasn't sure if I needed a Headquarters feat for the loft/mystic library. She doesn't really have anything too elaborate there yet, but I think magic libraries do offer a mechanical benefit to arcane research, so I understand if I need the feat.

Thanks...I didn't expect anything immediate on a sunday. Regarding any changes that might need to be made...I wasn't sure if I needed a Headquarters feat for the loft/mystic library. She doesn't really have anything too elaborate there yet, but I think magic libraries do offer a mechanical benefit to arcane research, so I understand if I need the feat.

Hi, spectrevk, and welcome to FC PbP!

No site official of any sort, but it seems you shortchanged 'yourself' a tiny bit on the skill points. (I count only 47 spent of the 48 you have.)

Also, the text under the Personality breaks off in midsentence - perhaps a copy/paste error?

Hi, spectrevk, and welcome to FC PbP!

No site official of any sort, but it seems you shortchanged 'yourself' a tiny bit on the skill points. (I count only 47 spent of the 48 you have.)

Also, the text under the Personality breaks off in midsentence - perhaps a copy/paste error?

POWER LEVEL

Power Level: 6

Power Points: 90

ABILITIES

COMBAT

Initiative -1

SAVES

Fortitude 10

Reflex 4

Will 10

SKILLS

Bluff (+1)

Climb (-1)

Concentration 9 (+13)

Diplomacy 4 (+5)

Disguise (+1)

Escape Artist (-1)

Gather Info 8 (+9)

Handle Animal (+1)

Intimidate 4 (+5)

Investigate 4 (+8)

Knowledge

-Arcane Lore 9 (+13)

-Streetwise 2 (+6)

Notice 3 (+7)

Search 4 (+8)

Sense Motive (+4)

Stealth (-1)

Survival (+4)

Swim (-1)

LANGUAGES

English, Japanese

FEATS

Contacts

Equipment (1)

Well-Informed

Ritualist

Attack Focus, Ranged (2)

POWERS

ARRAY[8] Blast

[a] Teleport

[a] Snare

Protection 8

Fort Save Bonus 7

POWER LEVEL

Power Level: 6

Power Points: 90

ABILITIES

COMBAT

Initiative -1

SAVES

Fortitude 10

Reflex 4

Will 10

SKILLS

Bluff (+1)

Climb (-1)

Concentration 9 (+13)

Diplomacy 4 (+5)

Disguise (+1)

Escape Artist (-1)

Gather Info 8 (+9)

Handle Animal (+1)

Intimidate 4 (+5)

Investigate 4 (+8)

Knowledge

-Arcane Lore 9 (+13)

-Streetwise 2 (+6)

Notice 3 (+7)

Search 4 (+8)

Sense Motive (+4)

Stealth (-1)

Survival (+4)

Swim (-1)

LANGUAGES

English, Japanese

FEATS

Contacts

Equipment (1)

Well-Informed

Ritualist

Attack Focus, Ranged (2)

POWERS

ARRAY[8] Blast

[a] Teleport

[a] Snare

Protection 8

Fort Save Bonus 7

Very nifty character! :)

I wasn't sure if I needed a Headquarters feat for the loft/mystic library. She doesn't really have anything too elaborate there yet, but I think magic libraries do offer a mechanical benefit to arcane research, so I understand if I need the feat.

Having a Library in an HQ allows you to Take 20 on most Knowledge checks.

Very nifty character! :)

I wasn't sure if I needed a Headquarters feat for the loft/mystic library. She doesn't really have anything too elaborate there yet, but I think magic libraries do offer a mechanical benefit to arcane research, so I understand if I need the feat.

Having a Library in an HQ allows you to Take 20 on most Knowledge checks.