Concept Feedback

Willis

So if I do decide to pursue this character, do you think it would be best for all of his attack powers to come from the hammer or should the suit itself have the ability to make the energy blast?

I'm just curious to see how other people's minds wrap around the same conept in different ways.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with the idea of calling a sidekick to THOR, ODIN. Odin was Thor's father (via the norse mythos) so it doesn't make much sense for it to be a sidekick. The Valkyrie thing is even worse since Valkyries were Odin's daughters. I don't know, maybe it's just my inner geek/norse fanboi gettin the best of me there.

I have a problem with the idea of calling a sidekick to THOR, ODIN. Odin was Thor's father (via the norse mythos) so it doesn't make much sense for it to be a sidekick. The Valkyrie thing is even worse since Valkyries were Odin's daughters. I don't know, maybe it's just my inner geek/norse fanboi gettin the best of me there.

Exactly, the powersuit Valkyrie is a Paragons character.

We do have our own Valkyrie here, but her ties to Norse mythology are minimal at best. (And also very far from being a technology-based hero; quite the opposite, in fact.) Still, it might make for some interesting interaction.

The FC universe also has the Golden Age Valkyrie - a Nazi superwoman of mystic origins.

So, the coast is clear. :)

Exactly, the powersuit Valkyrie is a Paragons character.

We do have our own Valkyrie here, but her ties to Norse mythology are minimal at best. (And also very far from being a technology-based hero; quite the opposite, in fact.) Still, it might make for some interesting interaction.

The FC universe also has the Golden Age Valkyrie - a Nazi superwoman of mystic origins.

So, the coast is clear. :)

If I did want to borrow a bit from Marvel's Thor and make it so that the hammer could only be picked up by someone wearing the armor, how could I simulate that? I could use alot of gravity control that only works on the hammer itself, that wasy if someone were storng enough it could be possible. I know there have been instances of things like the Hulk and Wonder Woman picking up the hammer and using it themselves.

If I did want to borrow a bit from Marvel's Thor and make it so that the hammer could only be picked up by someone wearing the armor, how could I simulate that? I could use alot of gravity control that only works on the hammer itself, that wasy if someone were storng enough it could be possible. I know there have been instances of things like the Hulk and Wonder Woman picking up the hammer and using it themselves.

Even Cap did so once, so it wasn't just a matter of purely superhuman strength.

In T.H.O.R.'s case I'd simply use 3 ranks of the Power feat "Restricted" and change the "you" to "the armour wearer". In case you don't have UP, here's the relevant excerpt:

"With three ranks of Restricted, only a limited group can even lift your Device (which may require extraordinary strength or some other quality) and only you can properly use it."

Even Cap did so once, so it wasn't just a matter of purely superhuman strength.

In T.H.O.R.'s case I'd simply use 3 ranks of the Power feat "Restricted" and change the "you" to "the armour wearer". In case you don't have UP, here's the relevant excerpt:

"With three ranks of Restricted, only a limited group can even lift your Device (which may require extraordinary strength or some other quality) and only you can properly use it."