Ultimate Power Question

Endless Flight

In that case it would not be an Alternate Power. It would be another power that is thematically related to the first.

You can, of course, make any power an alternate power of any other provided you obey all the requirements of an Alt Power, but some powers just don't work at Alt powers because:

-They are far more expensive.

-They cease to work when you switch powers in an array (e.g. Summon Minions).

-The rules specifically prohibit it (e.g. Space Flight as an Alt Power of Flight).

In that case it would not be an Alternate Power. It would be another power that is thematically related to the first.

You can, of course, make any power an alternate power of any other provided you obey all the requirements of an Alt Power, but some powers just don't work at Alt powers because:

-The rules specifically prohibit it (e.g. Space Flight as an Alt Power of Flight).

That makes sense. :) I suppose I could have asked, for instance, if all of Superman's powers were alternate powers of his absorption of yellow sun radiation, or if they each had their own entry. That's kind of what I'm asking.

I'd say they'd be linked to absorbtion, but im not sure.. :)

That makes sense. :) I suppose I could have asked, for instance, if all of Superman's powers were alternate powers of his absorption of yellow sun radiation, or if they each had their own entry. That's kind of what I'm asking.

If they were not bought separately, then he could only use them one at a time.

I'd say the Yellow Sun bit is a Power Loss drawback. Something like:

Power Loss Drawback: All Powers when not under a yellow sun, Uncommon/Minor - 4 PPs

Power Loss Drawback: All Powers when not under a yellow sun, Uncommon/Minor - 4 PPs

No problem!

My favorite Superman build!

Here's the total Supeman weakness package as envisioned by MDSnowman:

Drawbacks: Normal Identity [When Exposed to Kryptonite; Uncommon Occurence; Major Intensity; 4pp], Power Loss [All Powers; When Not under a yellow Sun; Uncommon Occurrence; Minor Intensity; 4pp], Vulnerable [Magic; Common Occurrence; Moderate Intensity; 3pp], Weakness [Kryptonite; Uncommon Occurrence; Major Intensity; 4pp]

No problem!

Drawbacks: Normal Identity [When Exposed to Kryptonite; Uncommon Occurence; Major Intensity; 4pp], Power Loss [All Powers; When Not under a yellow Sun; Uncommon Occurrence; Minor Intensity; 4pp], Vulnerable [Magic; Common Occurrence; Moderate Intensity; 3pp], Weakness [Kryptonite; Uncommon Occurrence; Major Intensity; 4pp]

No problem!

Hmm. I wonder if that's still true with the more recent Superman. Now, red sun locks away his powers rather than ending them. It's still Power Loss, I guess. The slow loss and return of his powers when not around yellow sun radiation doesn't quite fit - this Superman would technically lose his powers in the dark.

Hmm. I wonder if that's still true with the more recent Superman. Now, red sun locks away his powers rather than ending them. It's still Power Loss, I guess. The slow loss and return of his powers when not around yellow sun radiation doesn't quite fit - this Superman would technically lose his powers in the dark.

I think that's a pretty excessive interpretation of a 4 PP drawback, "When not under a yellow sun."

"Doesn't work in the dark" would be worth a lot more than 4 PP Drawback. I'd probably make that a -1 Limitation (maybe -2 depending on the campaign).