A Question about the Impervious Extra

Barnum

Since this has come up a few times this week, I figured I'd post.

Question: Can I have more ranks of Imperious than I have actual Toughness bonus?

Ex. A PL 10 character with a Con of 2 is -4 to Toughness, so if your bought, Protection 14 [Extra] - 28 PPs, then your Toughness save would be +10, but you would have 14 ranks of impervious.

Answer: This isn't an official answer yet, because it really hasn't come up in character creation, but basically, I think it is best to think of buying Impervious on your Toughness bonus and not on your Protection. So in the example above, the most I would be comfortable approving is:

Protection 14 [Extra] - 24 PPs, giving you a +10 Impervious Toughness bonus.

Make sense?

Since this has come up a few times this week, I figured I'd post.

Question: Can I have more ranks of Imperious than I have actual Toughness bonus?

Ex. A PL 10 character with a Con of 2 is -4 to Toughness, so if your bought, Protection 14 [Extra] - 28 PPs, then your Toughness save would be +10, but you would have 14 ranks of impervious.

Answer: This isn't an official answer yet, because it really hasn't come up in character creation, but basically, I think it is best to think of buying Impervious on your Toughness bonus and not on your Protection. So in the example above, the most I would be comfortable approving is:

Protection 14 [Extra] - 24 PPs, giving you a +10 Impervious Toughness bonus.

Make sense?

It makes sense the way you have it written, but it is a very cheesy way of doing things. In your example, lowering your Con to 2 to gain 6pts but getting the Imprevious to keep you at Full toughness doesn't seem very realistic to me. Of course, there are a lot of areas that I in a normal game I was running would disallow so my opinion doesn't really matter. :)

But to answer your question directly, yes it makes sense to leave the Imprevious on the toughness and not the protection power.

It makes sense the way you have it written, but it is a very cheesy way of doing things. In your example, lowering your Con to 2 to gain 6pts but getting the Imprevious to keep you at Full toughness doesn't seem very realistic to me. Of course, there are a lot of areas that I in a normal game I was running would disallow so my opinion doesn't really matter. :)

But to answer your question directly, yes it makes sense to leave the Imprevious on the toughness and not the protection power.

In your example, lowering your Con to 2 to gain 6pts but getting the Imprevious to keep you at Full toughness doesn't seem very realistic to me.

The only time it has ever come up in a game of mine (a chat game), it was a feeble and nearly crippled man inside a powerful battle suit. In that case, it mad perfect sense.

In your example, lowering your Con to 2 to gain 6pts but getting the Imprevious to keep you at Full toughness doesn't seem very realistic to me.

The only time it has ever come up in a game of mine (a chat game), it was a feeble and nearly crippled man inside a powerful battle suit. In that case, it mad perfect sense.