Rain Check (IC)

Aoiroo

He advanced to Carrie slowly, fighting it every step of the way, unfortunately the influence of the creature was strong enough to hold him, and he took a massive haymaker swing at the the girl.  "I am sorry!"  Fortunately it would go wide, and his face was twisted into mask of anger, as he still struggled and tried to stop himself from what was happening.  The electricity leaking from his presence would be enough for Carrie's hair to stand on end, the energy starting to burn small holes through his clothes with the spikes and arcs of electricity.

Carrie backed away instinctively from the punch as she looked at Amir,

"What the hell?"
She would of had more time but she caught sight of the younger vampire just in time for him to hit her with a glancing blow. She spun on her heel rolling with the blow and using her momentum to give the vampire a full kick in the head. Unlike the older one he didn't take it standing and fell down like a ton a bricks under it's impact. She let out a breath seething as she looked at the younger one, she wanted very much so to finish the job with a quick decapitation, but one she'd have a lot of explaining to do if she did so without first locating an axe, and two, still the good guy, even if she was just redeading them, not something she needed to be indulging in. Instead she took a step back to get a bit of distance from Amir who had something wrong, though she couldn't quite tell what, she definitely didn't need to be on the end of his punches. The older vampire himself tried to moved towards the door but fell slightly, his concentration slipping for that moment freeing Amir from the spell.

"Vampires!  Mind control!  Talk later!"  And he wheeled on back the vampire who was influencing him, as Carrie's blow making the vampire reeling gave him breathing room.  Lifting a hand up, pointed it at the vampire.

"YOU!"  He wagged his finger before he opened his hand and it was like a stroke of lightning in the room, the brilliant flash of light, and the whip crack as it arced right into the center of the chest of the creature, flinging it back against the wall, and leaving it smoking and inert.  "Someone call my publicist, I need a pithy one liner."  His face a sneer as he looked at the vampire still, his hand still aimed at it, ready to blast another bolt if it some much as twitched.

The bolt sizzled the vampires flesh as it struck him true and he fell to the floor writhing before ultimately blacking out. Carrie herself walked over at the vampire for a second, and after he stopped moving took a moment to given him a kick in the chest. In the light of the hallway, she saw better at her shoulder, and her yellow dress which was now stained and tinted with the blood from the bite that dripped down and onto her dress.

"Ohh dangit, I really liked this dress and wow, I am dizzy,"
She clutched the doorframe with one hand and clamped the other over her still bleeding wound,

"We, we should go downstairs, I have some gauze in my purse."
She managed to keep herself upright and steady, coordination being second nature to her, but she kept a hand on the wall to keep the world from spinning too much,

"But, yeah,"
She said it a little more weakly this time,

"Squatters, very common, that type, not as, but it, it one moment,"
She gripped the banister for a second,
"I may need a shoulder, if you don't mind getting your shirt a little bloody."

He moved to her, a strong arm going around her waist, and sweeping her up.  Asad surged up off the floor and then down through the stairwell.  "This way is faster, if you lose consciousness I am taking you to the ER."  And he moved with her down the stairs towards where her purse was.  Holding her up easily still as he grabbed her purse and held it open for her.

"I can deal with being bled on, it has happened before.  Clothes are far more replaceable than life."

"Hate hospitals,"

She was what she managed as she rummages for a second and pulled out the first aid kit. She didn't bother with the wipes or iodine, she just shrugged off her weater and dress strap on that side and tied the white wrapping around her shoulder as tight as she could manage with on hand pushing down on the wound on hand pulling the bandage on one end and the other end in her teeth. Carrie then decisively plopped down into the chair her purse had been on, grabbed a water bottle and took a long drink.

It was a moment before she gathered her thoughts,

"This, this is why I don't blame my friend for asking me to come, too many nasties on these streets she wouldn't be able to deal."

She leaned back and put a hand on her her head closing her eyes while,

"@#*$ing vampires."

"Yes, well you are still going to see a doctor.  I do not care if you like them or not."  Regarding her carefully, and not desiring to just step from her then.  He moved as bit from her, watching her, as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, and started to tap at in rapidly.  Despite everything, he considered her a normal person, having not seen what she had done.  "It is still raining, come on, lets get your coat ready, I am taking you in now."

And he started to move back to her then, holding a hand out for her to take.

She rolled her eyes, but heard the tone of someone who would not take no for an answer,

"One moment,"
Pushing herself out of the chair she grabbed the coat with one arm and kept herself steady with the other, slinging it over her shoulder like a poncho and grabbing her purse. She paused for a second and looked up the stairs. She pointed absently,

"What do you want to do with the three stooges? Toss them out the window and hope for some sun?"

It took another thought,
"They might not be the only ones in here, maybe some of them are sleeping or something."

Amir moved to her then seeing her wobble, and he put an arm around her waist.  "Right, that is it.  Doctors now."  And he guided her out of the building, without too much trouble.  Except the rain, but it was a brisk walk to his little car, and he had the door open, and her in it.  As he carried her he spoke,  "Well I am going to call the police, and first, so they can seal the building.  And then I was thinking about adding some skylights, or get some of the more mystically inclined people in the city to help with clearing this place."  He buckled her in, whether or not she protested.

Getting into the car, he started it up, and pulled away, without screeching away like a demon out of heck.

• 1 month later...

"If you crash cause your speeding in the rain, I'm gonna so laugh at you, if I survive that is."
She dronned in a deadpan. Carrie wasn't even attempting niceities now, which was pretty much remininst of her mood. She really hated vampires, so very much, and one got the jump on her. If she could get out of the hospital by tonight, some spring, or well winter cleaning was in order. Silver and stakes and garlic for all, it was a pleasant stream of thought that kept her occupied while Amir likely broke various speed limits in his haste. She might of told him not to worry, this much blood loss only needed some rest, and maybe some spinach, and that she was used to it, but that'd sound awful strange out of costume. Which made her wonder,
"Do you even know where the hospital is? I don't think you've likely taken too many trips there." 

• 4 weeks later...

"I am an A-Type personality with insomnia who can fly, and who attends numerous social and philanthropic functions."  And then he pumped the breaks to slow down as they approached a traffic snarl, and he sighed a little bit.  Closing his eyes for a moment, and trying to collect himself frost started to form on the windshield.

"It would seem we have to do an alternate route.  I am sorry about this, and stay buckled, I have to have you remain covered."  And then he unbuckled, and got out of the car.  Dropping to his knees, he slide his arms under the side of the car, and he lifted it up, smoothly, easily.  Before getting under the vehicle, and grasping the chassis before pushing up and into the air, rocketing straight up.