Chimply Awful (OOC)

SpicyWaffle

OK.

Comrade Frost is going to take a five-foot step back and spend a full action refocusing. He will shout at Jubatus to keep his head down.

At the start of the next round, he will hit the apes with his Targeted area effect:

+2 All-Out Attacking

How undramatic! OK, I'll surge again (this time sucking the fatigue...)

Wow, OK.

Spending my last HP, as I pled for from my good buddy the Ref...

19, which becomes a 29, yay! OK, that's a DC 27 Toughness save for all the apes (and the wall behind them, for that matter...), while Comrade Frost is fatigued and has a to-hit of 16 all next round.

In hindsight, Jubatus should probably get a Hero Point for being Chimpified, too. Life was hard enough as a cat; now he's substantially shorter and physically less imposing. That might prove problematic for a while! Also, too small to carry that vest adequately, so grabbing all those tools'll be tricky. Enjoy your +1 Hero Point for a Complication, sir!

Anyway, back on track!

Slick Sammy's Toughness Save vs. DC27: 1d20+5 → [5,5] = (10); Failed & Unconscious!

Broken Nose Binti's Toughness Save vs. DC27: 1d20+8 → [13,8] = (21); Failed, Dazed & Bruised -1!

Miss Mitzi's Toughness Save vs. DC27: 1d20+4 → [13,4] = (17); Failed, Stunned & Staggered!

Big Coco's Toughness Save vs. DC27: 1d20+10 → [3,10] = (13); Failed, Stunned & Staggered!

Yikes! Well, that about wraps this brawl up. Let's see...

Round #3 - Initiative Order

Jubatus - 49

Slick Sammy - 21 (Unconscious!)

Broken-Nose Binti - 15 (Bruised -1, Dazed!)

Miss Mitzi - 13 (Staggered, Stunned!)

Doctor Chimpsky - 10 (Paralyzed!)

Comrade Frost - 9

Big Coco - 5 (Staggered, Stunned!)

I'll give Avenger a chance to give a fluffy lil' descriptor for Frost's attack, then get the official response up. Jubatus is up afterwards, if he's still keen on throwing a monkey wrench into the group's decimated plans!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Problem: Move a damaged, mostly-transformed girl a nontrivial distance, without making the poor child's injuries any worse.

Solution: Airlift the child -- put her on some sort of platform, with enough helium balloons to make the whole thing float, and push the whole thing along thru the air, thus avoiding all the bumps and potholes of the road along the way. Jubatus is rich; he can zip around to various local stores, grab what he needs, and leave itemized lists of the now-missing items, plus checks to pay for it all, in place of the stuff he took. And the crunch for all that fluff is, Jube uses his Gadgets power to provide the child with 1 point worth of Flight—just enough to negate gravity so's she can be pushed along easily.

As for how the extradimensional apes respond… in particular, whether or not Jube judged their reaction accurately… we'll just have to see how it plays out.