Chimply Awful (OOC)

SpicyWaffle

Fort +5 vs. DC 22 = 19 - The Proboscis Monkey is Slowed (-1 Attack, Defense, Reflex, & Half-Speed)

Will give Jubatus and Butterfly a moment to post before moving on. Gonna go ahead and roll the monkeys' initiative for when the Surprise Round ends.

Big Coco's Initiative = 5

Broken-Nose Binti's Initiative = 15

Slick Sammy's Initiative = 21

Miss Mitzi's Initiative = 13

Doctor Chimpsky's Initiative = 10

Jube's Initiative roll (1d20+37=49).

Assuming Jube can do something during the initial Surprise Round, he'll try to wreck the "odd and out of place raygun" that's currently wielded by the chimp in the zoot suit. Jube knows that disarming the chimp isn't an option, since chimps have something like 5* the raw physical strength of an adult human… Anyway, wrecking the raygun. Not sure if this would be covered by a Disarm Device roll (Jube doesn't have the actual skill, and would therefore be depending on his Jack of All Trades feat for this), or using his Mighty Strike to reduce the zapgun to scrap?

This can go either way. If Jubatus wants to attack it physically and hope it's enough to disable it, he could approach it that way. If he feels he's mechanically savvy enough to actually open it up whilst running around super-fast and take it out of commission, that's also viable. I'll wholly leave that to your discretion, sir!

Slick Sammy's Reflex Save vs. DC 15 Snare: 1d20+5 → [9,5] = (14); Entangled!

Alrighty, sorry for the delay. Black Friday and today have just been murder on my fragile little brain! Anyway, I'll give Cubist/Jubatus a chance to post his action before moving on to the villains up in the queue come the morning.

EDIT: The following takes place.

• *Slick Sammy tries to liberate himself via Escape Artist vs. DC 25:
1d20+4 → [19,4] = (23); Fails!
*Slick Sammy takes a Free Action to direct Broken-Nose Binti into liberating him. Binti takes a Move Action to get into position, and a Standard Action to tear the duct tape off. Sammy is free.
*Miss Mitzi, upon seeing Jubatus accosting her man, opens fire on the already transmogrified chimp with her hold-out blaster: 1d20+6 → [12,6] = (18); Miss!
*Doctor Chimpsky, forced into close-quarters and enshrouded by Comrade Frost, just opens fire with his scattergun in an All-Out Power Attack: 1d20+5 → [12,5] = (17); Miss!

Round #1 Initiative

Jubatus - 49

Slick Sammy - 21

Broken-Nose Binti - 15

Miss Mitzi - 13

Doctor Chimpsky - 10 (Slowed)

Comrade Frost - 9

Big Coco - 5

Comrade Frost is up.

Doctor Chimpsky's DC22 Fort Save: 1d20+5 → [14,5] = (19); Failed & Paralyzed!

Big Coco's Unarmed All-Out Power Attack @ Comrade Frost: 1d20+6 → [13,6] = (19); Hit!

Comrade Frost needs to make a DC21 Toughness Save.

Round #2 - Initiative Order

Jubatus - 49

Slick Sammy - 21

Broken-Nose Binti - 15

Miss Mitzi - 13

Doctor Chimpsky - 10 (Paralyzed +0!)

Comrade Frost - 9

Big Coco - 5

Jubatus is up!

I think I'll let it stand as is. Since the problem is that the target made their Toughness roll, it seems to me that the only thing Jube could really do is a Power Stunt to give himself Luck Control… and that doesn't really strike me as appropriate for the cheetah.

[after reading the updated most-recent GM post to the thread] Okay, Jube completely failed to even distract Big Coco from his intended target. Such is life. I'll post my interpretation of how it went…

Just to clarify, Cubist, what I think SW is suggesting is surging for another attack and spending an HP to cancel the fatigue from the extra effort.

[checks the Core Book] Ah—yeah, that does seem more like it. And surge-for-an-extra-action is very appropriate for a speedster. [nods] I'll have to keep that in mind for future threads. In this particular case, the GM has already spoke/posted on the results of the action in question, so I'm okay with letting those results stand.

Slick Sammy fires the Mysterious Raygun at Jubatus vs. DC20: 1d20+10 → [19,10] = (29); Hit! DC25 Fortitude Save vs. Transmogrification! Failure means that Jubatus goes from the Fastest Cat Alive to the Cutest Capuchin Currently (see spoiler at bottom of post)!

Broken-Nose Binti moves in to Grapple Comrade Frost vs. DC18: 1d20+6 → [10,6] = (16); Miss!

Miss Mitzi makes a break for the Scattergun that Doctor Chimpsky dropped, taking a Move Action to get there and a Move Action to pick it up.

Round #2 - Initiative Order

Jubatus - 49

Slick Sammy - 21

Broken-Nose Binti - 15

Miss Mitzi - 13

Doctor Chimpsky - 10 (Paralyzed!)

Comrade Frost - 9

Big Coco - 5

Comrade Frost is up!

You've been Chimpified!

Swap your Base Physical Ability Scores for STR 3, DEX 15, CON 10; Gain Additional Limb (Tail), Shrinking 8 [Tiny Sized, +2 Attack, +2 Defense, -8 Grapple, +8 Stealth; Innate, Permanent - See "Monkey" on pg. 231 of the MnM2e Core Rulebook. If you have "Enhanced Ability Scores," you may apply them to these new scores for your new temporary total.

At the beginning of your next turn, you may make a DC25 Fortitude Save to attempt and revert back to your natural form. Thereafter, you may make another DC25 Fortitude Save once per hour, with a +1 cumulative modifier bonus per hour passed. This effect can last no longer than ten hours, at which point you will be forcibly returned to your natural form.

Hmmm… getting hit by the zap is not something Jube really wants to have happen, what with his +6 Fortitude save. Jube's player, being a fan of Barry 'Flash' Allen, regards random transformations as an occupational hazard for superspeedsters, but that's another story…

Anyway.

Idea: Jube pulls a polished steel hand-mirror out of his vest and deflects the zap-beam harmlessly into the ground (relevant game-mechanics: Extra Effort for a Power Stunt, namely invoking Deflect as an AP for Enhanced STR). Not sure if this is do-able, since Jube has already acted in this round, but if it's do-able, the cheetah gets Deflect 14 (vs Energy Weapons only), which should be okay because he's PL12 with a +2 DEF/-2 TOU tradeoff, and the Deflect roll (if allowed) (1d20+14=29)… equals the attack roll for the incoming zap, hence fails to re-direct the zap (because Deflect works via a Block maneuver, and your Block roll needs to exceed the attack roll in order to succeed). Sigh.

If that Power Stunt deal is not okay… or even if it is okay, what with the failed attempt to Deflect… then it's down to Jube's Fortitude check (1d20+6=18). Which does not succeed, so the Fastest Cat Alive is now the Fastest Chimp Alive. Question: Does the chimp-ified Jube have a real voice?

Hmmm… getting hit by the zap is not something Jube really wants to have happen, what with his +6 Fortitude save. Jube's player, being a fan of Barry 'Flash' Allen, regards random transformations as an occupational hazard for superspeedsters, but that's another story…

Anyway.

Idea: Jube pulls a polished steel hand-mirror out of his vest and deflects the zap-beam harmlessly into the ground (relevant game-mechanics: Extra Effort for a Power Stunt, namely invoking Deflect as an AP for Enhanced STR). Not sure if this is do-able, since Jube has already acted in this round, but if it's do-able, the cheetah gets Deflect 14 (vs Energy Weapons only), which should be okay because he's PL12 with a +2 DEF/-2 TOU tradeoff, and the Deflect roll (if allowed) (1d20+14=29)… equals the attack roll for the incoming zap, hence fails to re-direct the zap (because Deflect works via a Block maneuver, and your Block roll needs to exceed the attack roll in order to succeed). Sigh.

If that Power Stunt deal is not okay… or even if it is okay, what with the failed attempt to Deflect… then it's down to Jube's Fortitude check (1d20+6=18). Which does not succeed, so the Fastest Cat Alive is now the Fastest Chimp Alive. Question: Does the chimp-ified Jube have a real voice?

Since you can do so using a Hero Point to Instantly Counter (pg. 121 of the Core Rulebook), so it's certainly doable if you'd like to spend it, and since it's still technically your action when you choose to counter, you can Extra Effort your way into that Deflect Power. Alas, it would seem you're right on the description Block power, and that Jubatus will be just short of success :(

As far as the voice thing goes, yeah, he's got a (more or less) humanoid voice to go along with his transformation into a Capuchin Monkey. But, hey, he'll get another shot at that save, so you never know!