Primitive Culture (IC)

Supercape

Hronos shook his head in disappointment. He had hoped that John Smith would see reason, but the man appeared to be willing to fight tooth and nail for his freedom. Regretable as it was, Hronos had to put a stop to him, before he did anything dangerous. As he tried to return his gaze to John Smith, though, he found a log staring at him, and coming on with full force. For a nanosecond, Hronos flinched. As soon as that moment passed though, the log smacked him right in the chest... and completely shattered into pieces, leaving a completely unharmed Hronos to keep a steady and calm, if a bit perplexed look, at John Smith. "A cunning ploy, but I can handle that much pressure from a blow, John Smith." He chastised the man.

The primitive tribe looked ready to make a move as well, and Hronos realised that he would not be able to handle both the savages and John Smith's trickery. Instead, he rushed him full speed, while activating his Support Motors to enhance his strength beyond the measure of time. Zig-zagging between the primitives, Hronos locked onto John Smith, and delivered a punishingly fierce and accurate blow with his right hand, aimed at the man's stomach, while his left hand reflexively shot at the man's neck, in order to grab him. Thankfully for Hronos, the punch appeared to completely knock the wind out of John Smith, and Hronos didn't have to struggle in order to successfully tackle him. Having a firm hold on the man, the Mechanodynamis wasted no time in flying above the ground and taking the elusive man's unconscious body with him, well outside any possible threat range of the primitives.

There, the Holder of the Essence of Time stood, above the forest, and holding the misguided John Smith, while waiting for the police to arrive. He gazed the area, while contemplating everything that had happened that was related to this chain of events.

Edited by Vahnyu
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

John Smith was out cold from the blow. From his jacket, Hronos caught a glimpse of a shiny, cyan object, like a gem, the size of a plum. It was held by a circlet of steel, and three collapsible legs. 

Pale gem mounted on a tripod. 

The thing fell to earth, tumbling as it did. 

Down below, the police were arriving, and as they did, in cars, with engines and flashing lights, the primitives bolted. Predictably, as they did so, they vanished, phased back into their own time and space as they fled the immediate vicinity of localised time distortion. 

Hronos descended slowly, with John Smith on tow, in order to meet up with the police officers. Handing him over, he explained the situation thus far, as well as the reasons for the disappearance of the primitive folk, as soon as they walked out of the temporal affected area's perimeter. "And that is the sum of events that occured in this area, shortly before. If you have any further inquiries for me, I will gladly follow you to your precinct, in order to answer them properly, and to the best of my abilities. But before that, would you be so kind as to allow me a few moments of time, officer? There was an object inside the jacket worn by John Smith, that appeared to have felled to the ground, while I was restraining him in the sky. It appeared to be shaped like a gem, and it seemed to be part of the device that, by my estimations so far, seems to be the likeliest cause for the temporal distortion in the three incident areas. Needless to say, I would like to inspect it, in case I can find some more information, afterwards of which, I will gladly hand it over, as evidence." Hronos respectfully explained to the police officer in charge, and went about retrieving the gem, which hadn't fallen too far from that spot. Hronos picked it up, and examined it in his hands.

GM

The steel tripod was, to all investigation, insignificant, a simple foldaway device, probably custom made, that could rest the gemstone in. 

If it was, indeed, a gemstone. The thing was small, one could hold it in your hand almost completely. It had a very faint luminescence, a pale blue cyan colour that altered its spectrum slightly as one examined it in different ways. 

Touching it, Hronos could feel its abnormality. Whatever it was made of was highly irregular, like it existed in more than three dimensions, in several times. Cool to the touch, it did not match any known substance and was virtually indestructible. Somehow, the touch of it seemed to whisper of times past and to be, and gave off the feeling of power - presumably the power "John Smith" had used to drag the past into the present, at least in a limited way. 

It seemed unrefined, imprecise. Like a prototype. 

And when he held it to his ear, Hronos could swear he heard something. 

A ticking...

~ Fin ~