First Impressions are Important (IC)

TheAbsurdist

October 22th 3pm

Asad had been having an interesting bit of time recent, what with some very odd, very random things seeming to pop up at unique intervals. It looked like was after him, and from what the mercs were saying someone wanted him, for whatever reason. They were not specific, and he really didn't know what to make of all of it. He coasted through midtown letting these distractions play out, trying to work out who could be throwing the cash to get heavies after him. It was not a pleasant thought to really ponder over your list of enemies.

Unfortunately he didn't notice that plans had been set into place for this occasion. Otherwise he might have been ready, he might have dodge what came next, or at least be aware of it. Instead, he felt himself getting jerked about, and thrown in midair into a glowing disk, as he passed through it, his environment had changed, having been swooping over South Freemdom was now it South Freedom, and the momentum of the throw kept him going flying back right through the windows of the one of the upper-scale, stylish loft style apartments here. Landing somewhat heavily and then skidding on the floor with the momentum. After a frown, he slowly pushed himself to his feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Rabbit

Jade Freeman's day was always kind of hectic. From the moment she woke up she was doing something. At this particular moment she had just finishing a workout session. It was to pass the monotony since she didn't have any appointments or errands and the nightly patrol was a ways off. She was on the way to her shower - luckily not in any state of undress, wearing form-fitting workout pants and sports bra - when someone came flying through the window. As a reflexive action she went into a fighting stance after he popped up. "Since when did deliveries stop coming through the front door," Jade asked with a rhetorical quip. "Hey wait a second," she said letting down her guard, "You're Asad." She put her hands on her hips and looked him up and down, "Man, your publicity photos don't do you justice," and smirked. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

He stopped, and looked at her. He blinked a little bit, and then frowned. "I... This was not intentional." He sighed a little bit, and turned a little bit, looking to her. Moving from her he walked to the window and looked out at his surroundings. "I... was nowhere near here. What happened...?" He tone was a little wistful, as he tried to piece together what was happening, and it made him sigh a bit realizing he was needing to educate himself a bit more now. turning back to her, he frowned still. "I am terribly sorry for the intrusion, I..." He started to gesture out of the window, and then he noticed her attire, and there was a pregnant pause before he resumed, "I was flying along and something happened and it seems I owe you a new window."

Rabbit

Jade nodded thankfully, "I bet building repair people gets loads of business around this city. I haven't had a building breaker fight yet," she laughed lightly. "I guess I should introduce myself," she said with a polite dip, "My name is Jade Freeman, I'm a crime fighter like yourself. Well, not like you. You can fly around and suck up energy and use it to blast things. Me, I'm just a meat and potatoes martial artist." She walked over to the broken wall, the air was crisp as it hit her. The breeze was welcome, the hole was another story. "So," she said with her own pause and a comforting look, "Is there procedure for this kind of thing?"

He paused then, and frowned just a little. Seriously, we was telling people this. He was evasive on purpose about the nature of his powers, admittedly there was enough evidence for people to figure it out, but hearing that after he was just teleported, it was a little disconcerting. Turning to her, he nodded, just a little bit. "I really do not know. I have had some... aggressive fans of late. I assume they want to capture me to hold me for ransom. Which is fine, I can understand it, but sending me across downtown just seems... silly." Stepping towards the hole, he stopped right at the edge looking around, the disc of energy that had been the portal he had passed through was no longer there. Frustrating.